will86 is offline Banned

Critique my diet!

Hi, I would like somebody to critique my diet for my bulking phase. I am currently 165 lbs 5'11. Using the calculator on this website, i should be consuming 212 g of protein, 294 g of carbs, and 94 g of fat.

630 AM- 1 egg, 4 egg whites - 24g Protein
    3/4 cup oatmeal - 27g Carb, 5 g Protein
    3 cups of skim milk- 36 g C, 24 g Protein, 7.5 g of Fat

840 AM- Tuna w/ 2 slices of Whole wheat bread- 21g Protein, 26g Carbs, 3g Fat

1230 PM- 1 cup skim milk- 8g Protein, 12g Carb
    1/2 chicken breast- 20 g Protein
    mixed veggies- 15 g Carbs, 5g Protein

330 PM- 1/2 cup cottage cheese with tuna sandwich(meal 2)

630PM- POST workout meal
    Protein shake with 30g of Pure cane sugar- 46g Protein, 35 g Carb

8PM- 1/2 chicken breast
    mixed veggies
    2 cup rice - 31 g Protein, 87 g Carbs

Adding this all up i get 212 g Protein, 270 g Carbs, and 22.5 grams of fat. The times of my meals are disorganized due to school so if anyone has any suggestions or advice about my diet PLEASE speak.

ENraged is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by will86
    Hi, I would like somebody to critique my diet for my bulking phase. I am currently 165 lbs 5'11. Using the calculator on this website, i should be consuming 212 g of protein, 294 g of carbs, and 94 g of fat.

630 AM- 1 egg, 4 egg whites - 24g Protein
    3/4 cup oatmeal - 27g Carb, 5 g Protein
    3 cups of skim milk- 36 g C, 24 g Protein, 7.5 g of Fat

840 AM- Tuna w/ 2 slices of Whole wheat bread- 21g Protein, 26g Carbs, 3g Fat

1230 PM- 1 cup skim milk- 8g Protein, 12g Carb
    1/2 chicken breast- 20 g Protein
    mixed veggies- 15 g Carbs, 5g Protein

330 PM- 1/2 cup cottage cheese with tuna sandwich(meal 2)

630PM- POST workout meal
    Protein shake with 30g of Pure cane sugar- 46g Protein, 35 g Carb

8PM- 1/2 chicken breast
    mixed veggies
    2 cup rice - 31 g Protein, 87 g Carbs

Adding this all up i get 212 g Protein, 270 g Carbs, and 22.5 grams of fat. The times of my meals are disorganized due to school so if anyone has any suggestions or advice about my diet PLEASE speak.

ok first couple of things recalc the oatmeal 3/4 cup is more than 27g of carbs/ looking at my oats 1/2 cup is 27 g's so adding another 13 to that is 40 grams or so carbs on the breakfast meal... Also the tuna sandwhich would be better made with 12 grain bread. the post workout meal if it is just a weights then ditch the suger cane. for after your cardio you could put in some dextrose and malto dextrose 50 grams or so. A lot os the school kids i know bring back up mrp's for just incase so that wouldnt be a bad idea to toss in the back pack

Needtobeswoledup is offline Associate Member
    Enraged: I was trying to read this thread and kept finding myself distracted by your avatar. lol.

will86 is offline Banned
    wait... i don't consume dextrose at all after a workout with weights, but only after cardio?

bigsd67 is offline Anabolic Member
    It is my understanding that you are bett off consuming the dextrose after weights and not after cardio...hmmmmm

ENraged is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Needtobeswoledup
    Enraged: I was trying to read this thread and kept finding myself distracted by your avatar. lol.
    Yes love the baywatch jogging anime. Yum Yum
    AS for the after wieghts vs. after cardio her is a great read on the subject
    I dont feel like cutting and paste the whole **** page in here so follow the link
    http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/magaz...pportunity.htm
    long but very worth it

usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member
    The only time while cutting you can afford a quick and heavy insulin spike is following an intense weight training session. Dextrose will replenish depleted glycogen levels by quickly shuttling protein (amino acid pool)and nutrients to your fatigued muscles.

Now cardio is a different story. Protein alone should be sufficient enough to recooperate muscles and prevent further catabolicism. I personally would never spike my insulin following morning cardio on an empty stomach unless of course it was that intense. Which doing high intensity cardio while cutting is not a good idea anyways.

~US~

Thread Information