Slugger is offline Junior Member

Protein/carbs ratio

Is taking in 265g protein daily and 95g carbs daily sufficient enough to lose some body fat (especially in stomach) and gain muscle. Im 23 6' 200 lbs. and if you've read my other post you know I'm just starting getting back into lifting/running/boxing.
    Last edited by Slugger; 11-29-2003 at 08:28 PM.

RoNNy THe BuLL is offline Anabolic Member
    That's perfect. Some people are gonna say you need 300g+ of Protein a day, hell, even I eat that much (or atleast try), but I found eating 250g will do the trick. I also like how you're not totally eliminating carbs. You won't necessarily 'grow', but if you're on the sauce you'll hold onto a LOT of muscle, gain a few lbs of lean muscle and grow in strength.

Looks good bro.

I'm not on any roids. I will be taking 1AD for 6 weeks and than Tribestan for 3 weeks after. The other supps I will be taking are multivitamin, Vitamin C caps, Potassium caps, glucosamine,glutamine,a protein shake, BCAA's, and effervescent sugarless creatine.

Also Ronnie could you check out my diet:

Breakfast 5:30 am
    A bowl of keto rice krispies (21 g protein 4 g carbs) with skim milk
    1 cup of green tea

Brunch 8:30 am
    Tuna with fat free mayo

Lunch 11:30 am
    1 chicken breast with BBQ sauce
    1 vegetable serving either peas,green beans,brocolli,asparagus

Dinner 3:30 pm
    1 caesar side salad with croutons and fat free dressing

Post boxing training meal 6:30 pm
    1 chicken breast (5 days a week mon/tues/thurs/fri/sat)
    OR
    1 rib eye steak with steak sauce (2 days a week weds/sun)

1 vegetable serving either peas,green beans,corn,brocolli,asparagus

Post lifting, running workout/bedtime meal 10 pm
    4 egg whites (no yolks)
    Protein shake with skim milk

Also plan on drinking 5 L of water a day.

What do you think Ron?

bigsd67 is offline Anabolic Member
    you might want to look into a fiber supplement. you gotta have the fiber to keep your pooper functioning while on the moderate carb diet, and something like sugar free metamucil wont add carbs, just fiber.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    I'm not Ronnie, but I'll chime in with a few big points........CAPS BELOW.......

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by Slugger
    I'm not on any roids. I will be taking 1AD for 6 weeks and than Tribestan for 3 weeks after. The other supps I will be taking are multivitamin, Vitamin C caps, Potassium caps, glucosamine,glutamine,a protein shake, BCAA's, and effervescent sugarless creatine.

Also Ronnie could you check out my diet:

Breakfast 5:30 am
    A bowl of keto rice krispies (21 g protein 4 g carbs) with skim milk
    1 cup of green tea

WHAT THE HELL ARE RICE KRISPIES GOING TO DO? MILK SUCKS AS WELL, NOT FOR CUTTING, ALL THE CARBS IN MILK ARE PURE LACTOSE, (MILK SUGAR), SO CHOOSE SOMETHING ELSE. EGG WHITES, OATMEAL, PROTEIN POWDER WITH A SOLID PROTEIN SOURCE, ETC. RICE KRISPIES ARE FOR KIDS AND SATURDAY MORNING CARTOONS.

Brunch 8:30 am
    Tuna with fat free mayo

THIS IS FINE. BUT IF YOU ARE JUST HAVING TUNA, USE REAL MAYO. THE FAT IS FINE W/NO CARBS IN THE MEAL, AND YOU WON'T BURN YOUR PROTEIN INTAKE FOR FUEL.

Lunch 11:30 am
    1 chicken breast with BBQ sauce
    1 vegetable serving either peas,green beans,brocolli,asparagus

I'D WATCH THE BBQ SAUCE WHEN CUTTING. NO CORN/CARROTS/PEAS, THEY ARE ALL SUGAR, AND CARROTS ARE VERY HIGH ON THE GI INDEX AS WELL.

Dinner 3:30 pm
    1 caesar side salad with croutons and fat free dressing

PROTEIN IS WHERE???????? GET OFF THE FAT FREE KICK, THOSE THINGS ARE LOADED W/SUGAR TO "MAKE UP" FOR THE LACK OF TASTE.........THEY ARE CRAP.

Post boxing training meal 6:30 pm
    1 chicken breast (5 days a week mon/tues/thurs/fri/sat)
    OR
    1 rib eye steak with steak sauce (2 days a week weds/sun)

1 vegetable serving either peas,green beans,corn,brocolli,asparagus

Post lifting, running workout/bedtime meal 10 pm
    4 egg whites (no yolks)
    Protein shake with skim milk

YOU'D BE WISE TO TRAIN HARD, AND UTILIZE A LIQUID CARB/PROTEIN TYPE SHAKE (DEXTROSE/ISOLATE), THEN HAVE A SOLID MEAL OF CARBS/PROTEIN ABOUT 1.5 HOURS LATER. (AMOUNTS TO BE DETERMINED BY YOU AND YOUR STATS)

Also plan on drinking 5 L of water a day.

IT WOULD ALSO BE IDEAL YOU PERFORM CARDIO ON EMPTY, TOTALLY SEPERATE FROM YOUR WEIGHT TRAINING SESSION. CARDIO WILL BE THE BIG KEY IN YOUR FAT LOSS ALONG W/HOW YOU CHOOSE THE PATTERNIZATION OF YOUR MEALS AND THE RESPECTIVE AMOUNTS.

~SC~

What do you think Ron?

Thanks swole! I appreciate your help. However, I should've been more clear with my selections, I will state below...

As for the Rice Krispies, it's the Keto Rice Krispies that have 21 g of protein, 4 g of carbs, and 0 g of sugar.

And the milk I'm gonna use with it is the carb reduced milk from my local grocery store which has 12 g of protein, 3 g of carbs, and 4.5 g of fat.

And I plan on using Fat Free dressing which, according to the label, has only 2 g of sugars.

And I am training weights and cardio (running) on different days.

My question to you is, is running 3 days aweek good enough if I am also boxing training and lifting as well? And is this diet, along with my workout plan and supplementation good for hardening my muscles. My muscles are soft right now from years of inactivity and I would like to harden them up.

Also how do you think my supplementation looks swole? Anything I need to add? Get rid of? What do you think of my 1AD/tribestan plan?

Thanks in advance bro.

P.S. How much did you weigh in that shot of you on the rocks? You look incredible!

Thread Information