dominick0205 is offline New Member

Grilled Lemon chicken from kings or shoprite?

Hey guys, sometimes I'm too busy too cook so I'll grab that premade grilled lemon chicken at a supermarket.

I finally got a label for one of these things..

It say the sauce has:

water, lemon juice, vegatable shortening powder, natural flavor #5 and #6, dextrose, salt, canole oil, flavoring (dextrose, salt, partially hydrogenated vegatable oil, onion, spices, turmeric, garlic) xanthan gum, onion powder.

???? Is this extra stuff all from the lemon juice?? I thought I was getting just a clean piece of chicken breast grilled with some lemon juice. Or am I wrong?

thanks guys
    Dominick

bigsd67 is offline Anabolic Member
    all of that extra stuff is a bunch of preservatives, dextrose is added sugar, and hydrogenated oils add trans fat, which is no good. Now i know sometimes in a pinch items like this are OK as i do it myself from time to time....though i must say that i am just going to start precooking meals and packing them to ensure that i know exactly what i'm putting in me.

dominick0205 is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsd67
    all of that extra stuff is a bunch of preservatives, dextrose is added sugar, and hydrogenated oils add trans fat, which is no good. Now i know sometimes in a pinch items like this are OK as i do it myself from time to time....though i must say that i am just going to start precooking meals and packing them to ensure that i know exactly what i'm putting in me.
    yeah, that sucks. I wish they would just have a nutrion store around here that just made these kinds of food for people on the go. might be a good idea to open up one!! lol

guess i'll have to cut out this chicken then since I want to cut down on my bodyfat by a large amount...

thanks
    Dominick

bigsd67 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dominick0205
    yeah, that sucks. I wish they would just have a nutrion store around here that just made these kinds of food for people on the go. might be a good idea to open up one!! lol

guess i'll have to cut out this chicken then since I want to cut down on my bodyfat by a large amount...

thanks
    Dominick
    Funny that's exactly want i want to do for a living when i graduate college...open up a nutrition store/restaurant.

Thread Information