Thread: Cutting Diet

BC1000 is offline New Member

Cutting Diet

Hello, I am 6'0 22 years old and half way through my cutting cycle. I started 9 weeks ago at 205 lbs with 18% bodyfat and have gotten down to 185 lbs with 13% bodyfat. My goal is to get down to 8% bodyfat and put on some muscle by Feb 1st.

I'm hoping someone can offer me some insight on my diet, training and supplementing.

For this month I'll be following a 3 on 1 off workout that will look something like this:

Day 1: Shoulders and Arms
    Day 2: Legs and Forearms
    Day 3: Chest and Back
    Day 4: Off

I'll be doing 45 minutes of cardio 4-5 times a day in the morning right after my weights at around 65-75% of max heart rate and training abs every second day.

My diet is what I need help with, this is what it will look like for the month:

Meal 1: 8:00 am(Post Workout)
    Myo-plex Deluxe
    1 glass Apple Juice
    Meal 2: 10:30 am
    1 can tunafish
    .5 cup black beans
    .5 tbsp Udo's Oil

Meal 3: 1:30 pm
    Myo-plex Deluxe

Meal 4: 4:00 pm
    1 can tunafish
    .5 cup black beans
    .5 tbsp Udo's Oil

Meal 5: 7:00 pm
    Myo-plex Deluxe
    1 tbsp Udo's Oil

Meal 6: 10:00 pm
    8 eggwhites
    1 tbsp. Udo's Oil

Daily total 2174 270 143 58
    49.7% 26.3% 24.0%
    I will probably switch it up a few days during the week and substitute yams in for the black beans for a little variety.

Now the questions I have are this:
    1. Are my carbs too high/too low?
    2. Should I keep the AJ for my post workout meal or take it out and add carbs to a different meal?
    3. Is there such thing as too much fibre? I'm getting 6 grams with each shake and about 4-5 with the tuna/beans meals
    4. Should I have a cheat day, a cheat meal or a high carb day?
    5. I've heard in other threads that mixing carbs and fats in meals is bad so would mixing a myo-plex with Udo's Oil be bad? and on my last meal my fat and protein intake is 50% for each, is that bad to have before bed?

As far as supplements go, i've been taking ECA, Yohimbe, Vitamin C and E and Myo-plex Deluxe(new formula). I'm on a pretty tight budget so I haven't started taking any gear yet but I will probably start shortly after the New Year.

I'll post my cycle in a different forum but feel free to make any suggestions in either thread.

beenie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BC1000
    Hello, I am

1. Are my carbs too high/too low?
    2. Should I keep the AJ for my post workout meal or take it out and add carbs to a different meal?
    3. Is there such thing as too much fibre? I'm getting 6 grams with each shake and about 4-5 with the tuna/beans meals
    4. Should I have a cheat day, a cheat meal or a high carb day?
    5. I've heard in other threads that mixing carbs and fats in meals is bad so would mixing a myo-plex with Udo's Oil be bad? and on my last meal my fat and protein intake is 50% for each, is that bad to have before bed?
    . . . .
    Well I would say that your carbs are very high, but what you are doing is obviously working. To go from 18% to 13% in 9 weeks in incredible. I would continue with what you are doing untill you stop getting results.

Also, if you only started working out 9 weeks ago, I would wait a while before I started a cycle. At 22 you are pretty young and can make decent progress without. Look what you have accomplished in 9 weeks. Personally I wouldn't consider a cycle if I were you until you have worked out for a year or so.

BC1000 is offline New Member
    Thanks for taking time out to respond beenie, I really appreciate that. I have tried lowering carbs before but go into zombie mode from being on my feet for most of the day but will definetely try and give it a shot next month when I ease up on my workout and work schedule. Also I guess I failed to mention that i've been working out 3-4 years on and off but have gotten more serious as of late. My sisters getting married in early March and will have relatives coming from all over the world who remember me as this short pudgy Jabba the Hut looking kid so I want to be in excellent shape with a decent amount of muscle mass when they arrive

beenie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BC1000
    Thanks for taking time out to respond beenie, I really appreciate that. I have tried lowering carbs before but go into zombie mode from being on my feet for most of the day but will definetely try and give it a shot next month when I ease up on my workout and work schedule. Also I guess I failed to mention that i've been working out 3-4 years on and off but have gotten more serious as of late. My sisters getting married in early March and will have relatives coming from all over the world who remember me as this short pudgy Jabba the Hut looking kid so I want to be in excellent shape with a decent amount of muscle mass when they arrive
    BC, of course you are the one making the decisions, but my observation is that what you are doing is already working. If you have gone from 18% to 13% in 9 weeks the natural way, why are you considering a cycle now. You are going to look great anyway if you stick with the program. It takes most people so much longer to make progress like what you describe, I would run with it.

I have nothing against cycles and think they can be great, but even though you have been working out for 3 or 4 years, you have really only been working out seriously for 9 weeks. Stick with the diet thats working, keep up with the weights and stick with the cardio.

You may want to talk to one of the vets on the board and see what they have to say. They have more experience than I.

Thread Information