Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Bart562 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    2

    A big guy in need of help/advice

    Hi im currently 6'4, 260 @ the age of 18 and I would like to cut down my fat I have, right now my arms are flabby and my stomach is just like a beer belly but I have never had a drink in my life and I would like to tone all of that but not so much be so muscular, I want to bring it down to at least 230 and be toned, get rid of the FAT and stuff like that...

    Right now i am on a high protein low carb diet which means all I basically eat is:

    Tuna, Shrimp, Chicken, Carotts, Salad, Crotons, apples, pears and only drink water..

    I dont drink any milk, orange juice or anything with sugar in it..

    I have started this diet on december 1st and I do go to the gym at least 3x a week and run alot and I want to know if I'm asking too much to lose weight this fast because I really want to know if it is possible to lose the fat and tone up in like a 2 month period...

    I used to play football back when I was 16 for my high school but after that I started working and I got lazier and it only came to me this month that my ass needs to get back in shape..so if anyone can help me out on any tips and suggestions, it would mean alot to me, thanks alot..

  2. #2
    FmRommel's Avatar
    FmRommel is offline Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    629
    Low Carb diets are great with some cardio...

    BTW...no carrots, crutons, apples, pears...Those are ALL BIG no nos bro...

    FM

  3. #3
    SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    25,778
    ****, you beat me to it FmRommel!!!!!!

    LOL!!

    ~SC~

  4. #4
    ripsid's Avatar
    ripsid is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    South Jersey and HATING I
    Posts
    1,844
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    ****, you beat me to it FmRommel!!!!!!

    LOL!!

    ~SC~
    I'd say something but Swole is a god at this!

    My .02, don't get discouraged! Keep at it and shoot for your goals! It's not easy!

    What kind of cardio are you doing besides running? and when are you doing it?

    SID

  5. #5
    SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    25,778
    I'm no God bro, I just try to help by sharing what I've learned w/my body and with the 1000's I've assisted. Thanks for the props brutha.......

    ~SC~

  6. #6
    beenie's Avatar
    beenie is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,296
    Quote Originally Posted by Bart562
    Right now i am on a high protein low carb diet which means all I basically eat is:

    Tuna, Shrimp, Chicken, Carotts, Salad, Crotons, apples, pears and only drink water..

    ..
    You have made a good start but,

    The carrots are not low carb nor are the croutons, apples or pears. Shelled fish also has carbs and shrimp is a shell fish.

    Try chanhing the shelled fish to gilled fish say salmon and kill croutons and fruit altogether.

    Cardio will help you a lot. Do as much as you can every day for starteers - no less than 30 minutes a day. I used the same technique to go from 275 to 175 in about a year. My initial goal was to go from 275 to 250, so I like the fact that you have set a goal that is absolutely attainable.

  7. #7
    Juggernaut's Avatar
    Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    6,545
    Beenie, Shrimp, crab and lobster don't have carbs. Hell you can eat the crap out of those, and drownd them in butter too boot, if you're doing a true Adkins diet.

    Bart, cut out all the carbs you can. For fouteen days keep the carb intake down to 20 grams or less per day. DO NOT go above that number. After 14 days bump the carbs to 60 grams per day. You can stick to 20 grams if you like, the weight loss will be faster the lower the carbs. You might stall a little after the forth week so have one cheat meal. Eat whatever you want but set a time limit (whatever you can eat in fifteen minutes...or thirty) then get right back on the low carb diet. Start drinking a gallon of water everyday...if you haven't already. You're going to need some mulit vitamins while on this diet......might be a good thing to do a little research on the diet while you're at it. You'll average maybe 7 - 12 pounds per week if you're doing it right. Oh, one other thing don't eat anything three hours before bedtime, do cardio (45 mins minimum) first thing in the morning on an empty stomach and eat every 2 - 3 hours. Hope this helps.

    Note to all the other bro's; I know this is not ideal especially for conserving muscle but he asked for the fastest way to shed weight and this one works. If you're looking to perserve muscle then you need to time your carb intake to suit this purpose.

    Swole, here's the part where you come in and correct me. hahahaha (Bart whatever Swole advises do that as opposed to my suggestions.....he knows his stuff)

  8. #8
    usualsuspect's Avatar
    usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    2,936
    Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut2148
    Beenie, Shrimp, crab and lobster don't have carbs. Hell you can eat the crap out of those, and drownd them in butter too boot, if you're doing a true Adkins diet.

    Bart, cut out all the carbs you can. For fouteen days keep the carb intake down to 20 grams or less per day. DO NOT go above that number. After 14 days bump the carbs to 60 grams per day. You can stick to 20 grams if you like, the weight loss will be faster the lower the carbs. You might stall a little after the forth week so have one cheat meal. Eat whatever you want but set a time limit (whatever you can eat in fifteen minutes...or thirty) then get right back on the low carb diet. Start drinking a gallon of water everyday...if you haven't already. You're going to need some mulit vitamins while on this diet......might be a good thing to do a little research on the diet while you're at it. You'll average maybe 7 - 12 pounds per week if you're doing it right. Oh, one other thing don't eat anything three hours before bedtime, do cardio (45 mins minimum) first thing in the morning on an empty stomach and eat every 2 - 3 hours. Hope this helps.

    Note to all the other bro's; I know this is not ideal especially for conserving muscle but he asked for the fastest way to shed weight and this one works. If you're looking to perserve muscle then you need to time your carb intake to suit this purpose.

    Swole, here's the part where you come in and correct me. hahahaha (Bart whatever Swole advises do that as opposed to my suggestions.....he knows his stuff)
    Its hard to argue that he won't lose weight by carb depleting for 2 wks straight. The problem is that he will have to sacrifice a lot of muscle to lose that much weight in such a short period of time. If he drops weight that quickly he will only be depleting gylycogen levels (losing mostly water weight) and as soon as he introduces carbs back into the mix...he'll more than likely put the weight right back on.

    Instead I think he should focus on redistributing his weight by lossing fat (via cardio and diet) and maintaining muscle (via weight training and diet). The best approach to take when dieting, at least that I have found is to slowly lose the weight over time on an average of say 1-3 lbs a week. Let the cardio shrink the fat cells while the diet (and supps) maintain as much muscle as possible. With a low carb and high protein diet you will lose weight no doubt about it...you'll just be a smaller version of your former self. so fat loss should be the goal and not just weight loss.
    Last edited by usualsuspect; 12-03-2003 at 12:07 PM.

  9. #9
    Juggernaut's Avatar
    Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    6,545
    Quote Originally Posted by usualsuspect
    Its hard to argue that he won't lose weight by carb depleting for 2 wks straight. The problem is that he will have to sacrifice a lot of muscle to lose that much weight in such a short period of time. If he drops weight that quickly he will only be depleting gylycogen levels (losing mostly water weight) and as soon as he introduces carbs back into the mix...he'll more than likely put the weight right back on.

    Instead I think he should focus on redistributing his weight by lossing fat (via cardio and diet) and maintaining muscle (via weight training and diet). The best approach to take when dieting, at least that I have found is to slowly lose the weight over time on an average of say 1-3 lbs a week. Let the cardio shrink the fat cells while the diet (and supps) maintain as much muscle as possible. With a low carb and high protein diet you will lose weight no doubt about it...you'll just be a smaller version of your former fat self. so fat loss should be the goal and not just weight loss.
    True US, true..............the best way to drop weight is the slow and steady approach. My suggestion was in responce to the fastest weight lose without consideration of muscle preservation.

    Bart, US is correct, the moment you get off the diet and return to old eating habits the weight will come back....and it might just bring a few extra pounds along with it. You're best approach to this is to restructure your entire eating habits and stick to it.....forever.

  10. #10
    beenie's Avatar
    beenie is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,296
    Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut2148
    Beenie, Shrimp, crab and lobster don't have carbs. Hell you can eat the crap out of those, and drownd them in butter too boot, if you're doing a true Adkins diet.
    stuff)
    I stand corrected on the shrimp and crab. Lobster has 2 grams carb/6 oz.

  11. #11
    beenie's Avatar
    beenie is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,296
    Quote Originally Posted by usualsuspect
    . ..and as soon as he introduces carbs back into the mix...he'll more than likely put the weight right back on.

    .
    He doesn't have to go back to a high carb diet. I never did. I also never lost muscle. Actually I gained muscle and lost fat on low carb. I have had trainers say that I could have made faster gains with carbs, but I never lost muscle.

  12. #12
    Bart562 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    2
    Thanks for the advice and tips you guys I'll check in weekly to see how progress is going and I never knew fruit was bad for you, well I also do basketball for about an hour as well as running. I'm trying hard right now and I really have too much layered fat to get rid of and I have the muscle right there I just need to get the fat burned and the muscle will stay like you guys said, so I'm going to keep focusing on that and try to keep the carbs as low as I can and stick with it for a long time...

  13. #13
    Juggernaut's Avatar
    Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    6,545
    Quote Originally Posted by beenie
    I stand corrected on the shrimp and crab. Lobster has 2 grams carb/6 oz.
    And see there, I didn't know Lobster had those two grams of carbs..............ya learn something new everyday. Thanks Beenie

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •