will86 is offline Banned

so confused on cutting diet.

hey, after bulking for a month, i lost my 6-pack and this has depressed me like a mother. My face got fatter, my lower back.. so im quitting on bulking and trying to get back my low bf in the past. RIght now im 17, 5'11, 170 lbs. how much protein/carb/fat should i take in? Also anybody know of a great cutting routine? i'm starting to swim for cardio, but i feel as if i'm not getting a good cardio session with that. Please help.

also... any supplements you guys reccomend?

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Swimming is NOT a good choice for fat burning cardio, that's for sure. Also, when you bulk next time, take a look at not just the overall caloric count of your diet, but the meals and what those contain as far as macros. For one month, to lose a six pack and attain the fat on your face and lower back, your diet must have been pretty much whatever/whenever, as you most certainly can bulk w/out laying down that much lard.

Forget the swimming and get on a treadmill/recumbent bike/eliptical trainer/etc., and hit 40-45 mins a.m. on empty at 65-75% of your max heart rate. Of course, this will only benefit you provided your diet is spot on, and can assist your cardio efforts.

~SC~

~SC~

beenie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by will86
    hey, after bulking for a month, i lost my 6-pack and this has depressed me like a mother. My face got fatter, my lower back.. so im quitting on bulking and trying to get back my low bf in the past. RIght now im 17, 5'11, 170 lbs. how much protein/carb/fat should i take in? Also anybody know of a great cutting routine? i'm starting to swim for cardio, but i feel as if i'm not getting a good cardio session with that. Please help.

also... any supplements you guys reccomend?
    I am in agreement with Swolecats advice, but for different reasons than the ones he cites. Theoretically, the type of cardio that you do should not make a difference as long as you can keep your heart rate at 65-75% of your target heard rate for 30-45 min every day.

A friend of mine who is a swmmer, who is incredibly lean even admits that the body always tries to adapt. Because the water that you would swim in is colder than your body temperature, according to him, you body looks for ways to insulate itself. As a result, it will do everything possible to keep a layer of fat to insulate itself against the cold water. Now that i have said this, I think the friend that told me about this is about 6% and has serios washboards, so I really don't know for sure, but impirically, it seems to make sense.

As far as your diet, you have several options. I do low cabs and it works really well for me. Some people do the low fat/low calorie thing and have good results. In your case, it sounds like you put the weight on too fast. But if you have only lost them in a month, my guess is that it will be a lot easier for you to get it back than somone who never had them in the first place.

Good luck.

ripsid is offline Senior Member
    Well Swole knows! Listen to him!

Don't worry so much about supplements, unless it's protein. Your 17, and with what swole said you should burn it up pretty quick! At 5'11" and 170, you can't be that bad! I'm 5'9" 180 or so, and I have a little around the belly but that's only because I'm doing close to zero cardio!

Kick into overdrive bro!

SID

Thread Information