Thread: Food chart

Arniefan is offline Associate Member

Food chart

Does anyone know any good websites that gives you a food chart that tells you how many grams of carbs, protein, fats are in each food?

Mallet is offline Anabolic Member
    You can buy the books for cheap!

PM the Iron Chef, i'm sure he can help!

Mallet is offline Anabolic Member
    Sorry bro!

I didn't realize you were new to the board!

Welcome aboard!

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    The best way to do that is to read the packaging the food comes in.I have no seperate books to look at this for infoand after a while you can roughly gauge how much is in each food item.

If this is no good there are some good books available and you can find these anywhere.

Welcome to the board!!

bex
    bex is offline Banned
    Billy is spot on.....And welcome bro....

RageControl is offline Senior Member
    This is a pretty good websight . Its basicly a nutrition search engine . http://tgcmagazine.com/Health_and_Fi...ional_Content/

TNT
    TNT is offline Retired Moderator

Cool Nutrition Numbers . . .

Welcome to the board, Arniefan! (Arnie has fans? Whoda thunk it?)

Go to any major bookstore and check out The Complete Book of Food Counts, by Corine Netzler. It lists the complete counts for almost all supermarket products, as well as common items from specific fast food and otehr restaurant chains. It's available as a fairly cheap paperback, as well as in a hardcover edition that is even more complete.

The problem with the concept of a web site that has this information is that there are way too many name-brand items on the supermarket shelves and in most restaurants to be covered in one website. Netzler's books are handy because you can plan your shopping before you hit the market, and even keep a copy in the car if you are on the road a lot so you know which fast food joints are the safest.

(No, I'm not a Netzler shill; she's just the only author to pull off such a comprehensive guide.)

Tobey is offline Retired IRON CHEF Mod

Welcome to the board

IC's in the house!
    Ok, I or any of the other mods can work somthing up for you, but to answer your question, I think that jason has devised a link to just such a web page. I remember him talking about it in another post somewhere, and if I am not mistaken, I think that you can find it on the home page of AR. It can list you caloric intake, ect depending on your goals but I'm not sure as I have never linked onto it. I'll shoot him a PM and see if he can explain it a little further in detail.
    IC

ptbyjason Guest
    Ok, I will explain about the program on our website.

Disclaimer: Contrary to what some of you might believe, AR does not profit from sales of the item I am about to discuss.

The meal calculator is actually a good program. It will help you calculate meals that you desire based on your caloric needs. It will eventually design your entire day's menu once it learns what you like to eat. It has tons of food in it. It will tell all of the nutritional values. It will give you a grocery list. It will even let you program in your supplements so that you can see if the sugar in the creatine you are taking throws off your percentages of you are shooting for a desired amount of total carbs. Or if you want to put your meal replacement in there, you can do that. It is a good program with a lot of good wiggle room to add stuff and customize it for you.

Questions? Let me know.

Thread Information