Got Iron? is offline New Member

no gym for 1.5 years makes on a born again noobie

I haven't wroked out in a year and a half. I am currently 20yrs old 168lbs 5'9". I am looking to put on lean muscle. I would like to know how many times i should eat a day and how many grams of protien carbs and fats i should eat. I know this has probably been asked before but i want all of your expert opinions since you guys seem to live at the gym. No offense meant b/c soon i will be back in the habbit also. I have never gotten my diet right and its about time to buckle down and do it right.

Thanks for your advice.

P.s. i am going to the grocery store in two days...or i am gonna starve!!!!

beenie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Got Iron?
    I haven't wroked out in a year and a half. I am currently 20yrs old 168lbs 5'9". I am looking to put on lean muscle. I would like to know how many times i should eat a day and how many grams of protien carbs and fats i should eat. I know this has probably been asked before but i want all of your expert opinions since you guys seem to live at the gym. No offense meant b/c soon i will be back in the habbit also. I have never gotten my diet right and its about time to buckle down and do it right.

Thanks for your advice.

P.s. i am going to the grocery store in two days...or i am gonna starve!!!!
    Whatever you do, don't starve yourself. For starting out make sure you maintain a sensible diet and three solid meals a day. Don't over eat. The main thing to building solid muscle is getting to the gym and working out. If you are not doing that, what you eat will never build muscle (even if the ad on TV says it will). Start out by going to the gym at least 3 or 4 days a week. Resistance training will work well. Try not to do more than body parts per session. Here is one possibility:

Day 1: Sholders and tricepts
    Day 2: Chest and abs
    Day 3: Bicepts and back
    Day 4: legs and abs

In 4 days per week you will hit every major muscle group. A trainer at your gym can probably help, or someone who you trust at your gym who seems to know something can be a source from which to learn.

bigsd67 is offline Anabolic Member
    Some quickie diet ideas and then i gotta head to class...Start out by multiplying weight by 15 and then subtract 300-500 from that...that should be how many calories you consume. Get about 1.5g protein per pound of body weight...consume around 150-200 carbs from oats, vegies, little fruit, brown rice and yams....make up the rest of the calories from good fats like olive oil, nuts, and flax oil...dont forget red meat. if you're going for fat loss lower carbs accordingly...this is all i have time to write, but im sure other guru's will chime in.

Thread Information