Thread: Sleep Question

gdwygd is offline New Member

Sleep Question

As a college student, my sleeping hours vary because of work and classes, but I always try to get at least 7-8 hours at the minimum. I know 8 hours or more is ideal. If I only get 6 hours one night, does it "count" if I get my extra 2-3 later on during the day? Am I doing myself any favors (in relation to my growth) by taking a nap to compensate for missed hours?

KeyMastur is offline VET
    Does it count ?? Who knows.

I sure as hell have to take a nap in the afternoon no matter what. Always rejuvenates me.

gdwygd is offline New Member
    Does anyone have an answer to this?

rambo is offline The Lord God
    Yes, napping has a very positive effect on your body's system. Getting a power nap in is very constructive, and can in many cases help regain mental focus.

cjp85 is offline Member
    Yeah, a lot of pros take naps, even after sleeping for 10 hours. I read about Jay Cutler doing something like this

the_rebirth is offline Member
    i read somewhere that a 90min rest helps you a lot during the day to bring up your energy

cb25 is offline Banned
    that was all good advice - naps definitely help - personally i always try to snake a nap sometime during the day...

i actually wrote a paper on sleep deprivation during undergrad...and if i remember correctly, most of the research i had found advocated naps as extremely beneficial, especially in those who were sleep deprived...their stance was kind of, "get it (sleep) whenever you can" if you can't get enough overnight, get up, do what you have to do, then take a nap - you'll feel a lot better afterwards...i always do

Thread Information