hypo is offline New Member

Diet for an 18 year old- not on cycle

I'm 18 and thought I wanted to try a cycle. But after reading this board and others for months doing research I've decided it's in my best interests to hold off for a few years since I just started working out about half a year ago and am making pretty good gains naturally. However, I'd still like to make gains as fast as possible of course I'm about 6'2" and 175lbs. Fairly low BF, I can see a lot of veins when pumped and occasionally when not.

I do cardio 3-4 times a week. It usually is pretty light, running/jogging about a mile to two miles. Should I cut out the cardio completely so all my nutrients can go to muscle?

I go to school so from about 8 to 3 I can't really eat anything but the school lunch, but I try to drink a **** load of milk and get chicken/fish since they usually offer it. Before school I'll have banana or two and oatmeal along with milk for my carbs. After 3 though I do drink protein and eat only lean foods like chicken, steak, fish, etc. Probably not as much as I could but it's quite a bit healthier diet than anyone else I know. Anyway my question is- should I consume as much as I can, since I have such a fast metabolism at my age? I used to eat fatty foods galore and not run and never gain fat weight. How many calories should I shoot for?

Basically just looking for basic diet/activity advice. I'm lifing hard and heavy at 3-4 sets of 6-8 reps of as much as I can handle in most exercises. Should I use any other supplements in addition to whey protein? Give me some advice!

rambo is offline The Lord God
    Glad to see that you've held off on the cycle, it's a good decision. As for your diet, check out some of the threads in this forum, one's that have been looked over and corrected by one of us, and come up with something that roughly matches you. Once you come up with a "rough sketch" we'll fix it for you. Hope to see you post one soon.

Thread Information