Thread: Laxatives

bigdave91 is offline Associate Member

Laxatives

Due to a medical problem im having to take a fibre supplement called Fybogel. Because im having to use so much of this stuff its having the effect of a laxative. Now i read that bodybuilders use laxatives when they are cutting up so i was thinking what sort of effect does laxatives have on muscle building?? Does it slow the process down in any way??

Cheers
    Dave

cb25 is offline Banned
    A lot of times, laxatives (and fiber supps, especially) can interfere with absorption of some nutrients, namely fat and fat soluble vitamins, so that may be the reasoning (i'm kind of thinking out loud here, so forgive me if i'm off)

i wouldn't worry about it too much...just don't take your EFA's at the same time

beenie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdave91
    Due to a medical problem im having to take a fibre supplement called Fybogel. Because im having to use so much of this stuff its having the effect of a laxative. Now i read that bodybuilders use laxatives when they are cutting up so i was thinking what sort of effect does laxatives have on muscle building?? Does it slow the process down in any way??

Cheers
    Dave
    You are not confusing a laxative with a diuretic, right?

Thread Information