onegr8legend is offline New Member

Need some advise on my diet...

First of all, hello everyone. I've been reading this forum for the last few days and have found a lot of very useful information, so thanks all. I've been training for 7 years now and have had some great experiences with dieting down and bulking up. Now that I'm 25 I'm trying to take it into that next level. Right now I'm 215lbs at about 18-20% bf. My metabolism isn't the fastest and I seem to store water very easily. I just started taking insulin yesterday. 3iu's last night and 5iu tonight and so on untill i get to the 10iu mark. Now, here's where i need the help. I work from 9am to 9pm and only get to the gym at 10pm, so please keep that in mind. Here's my diet:

8AM;1.5 cups of regular oatmeal mixed with one scoop of my protein powder and a well rounded tablespoon full of 90% low fat peanut butter with 1.5 cups of fat free milk.

12:00AM; 2 chicken breasts with 2oz of pasta and 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil, 1/2 cup of lowfat cottage cheese.

3:00PM; same as 11:30 meal without the lowfat cottage cheese.

6:00pm; Protein shake with 1/2 cup of lowfat cottage cheese.

9:00pm; (preworkout) protein shake.

10:00pm; workout.

11:30pm; insulin shot with a bottle of carbo force, 10g creatine with sugar added and 10g of glutamine

12:15pm; protein shake.

1:30am; sleep

Total calories:3100-3200
    Total fats:60-75
    Total carbs:340-360
    Total proteins: 325-350

I'm trying to get the body fat down slowly while attempting to build/add to the muscle I have.
    Last edited by onegr8legend; 12-11-2003 at 04:17 PM.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    I'M THE ONE IN CAPS BELOW.........JUST A FEW OBSERVATIONS.......~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by onegr8legend
    First of all, hello everyone. I've been reading this forum for the last few days and have found a lot of very useful information, so thanks all. I've been training for 7 years now and have had some great experiences with dieting down and bulking up. Now that I'm 25 I'm trying to take it into that next level. Right now I'm 215lbs at about 18-20% bf. My metabolism isn't the fastest and I seem to store water very easily. I just started taking insulin yesterday. THEN IF YOU HAVE A SLOW METABOLISM, AND YOU BLOAT VERY EASILY AS WELL, SLIN IS THE LAST ITEM YOU SHOULD UTILIZE. IT DOESN'T HAVE A PLACE ACTUALLY IN ANY CUTTING DIET. W/OUT AN ASSLOAD OF GEAR AND CALORIES, IT'S BASICALLY USELESS ANYHOW.

3iu's last night and 5iu tonight and so on untill i get to the 10iu mark. Now, here's where i need the help. I work from 9am to 9pm and only get to the gym at 10pm, so please keep that in mind. Here's my diet:

8AM;1.5 cups of regular oatmeal mixed with one scoop of my protein powder and a well rounded tablespoon full of 90% low fat peanut butter with 1.5 cups of fat free milk.

TAKE OUT THE MILK, LOWER CARBS, UP PROTEIN LIKE MAD......YOU MAY WISH TO GO KETO AT THIS MEAL..........

12:00AM; 2 chicken breasts with 2oz of pasta and 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil, 1/2 cup of lowfat cottage cheese.

LOSE THE PASTA AND COTTAGE CHEESE, USE A YAM/RICE.........OR BETTER YET A KETO MEAL.

3:00PM; same as 11:30 meal without the lowfat cottage cheese.
    SAME AS ABOVE

6:00pm; Protein shake with 1/2 cup of lowfat cottage cheese.

ADD 1 TABLESPOON OF HEMP/FLAX/FISH OIL TO YOUR SHAKE, LOSE THE COTTAGE CHEESE. (YOUR SHAKES SHOULD BE W/WATER AS WELL, NO MILK)

9:00pm; (preworkout) protein shake. OKAY.......

10:00pm; workout.

11:30pm; insulin shot with a bottle of carbo force, 10g creatine with sugar added and 10g of glutamine

FORGET THE SLIN.........ESPECIALLY RIGHT BEFORE BED!

12:15pm; protein shake. NO MATTER IF IT'S HUMILIN R OR HUMALOG, BOTH NEED ANOTHER CARB MEAL AFTER THE FIRST ONE.......ONE AN HOUR LATER TO BE PRECISE..........A PROTEIN SHAKE AND THEN SLEEPING IS A GREAT WAY TO KILL YOURSELF.

1:30am; sleep

Total calories:3100-3200
    Total fats:60-75
    Total carbs:340-360
    Total proteins: 325-350

I'm trying to get the body fat down slowly while attempting to build/add to the muscle I have.
    THEN LOSE THE SLIN/DAIRY, LOWER CARBS, UP PROTEIN AND HEALTHY FATS. CARDIO AT LEAST 5 TIMES PER WEEK A.M., 40-45 MINS IN DURATION, 65-75% MAX HEART RATE, NO RUNNING!
    ~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    I'M THE ONE IN CAPS BELOW.........JUST A FEW OBSERVATIONS.......~SC~
    Thanks SC for the advise. Keto??? Sorry, not sure what that is.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by onegr8legend
    Thanks SC for the advise. Keto??? Sorry, not sure what that is.
    By keto meals I meant fat/protein meals, or meals w/no carbs (or under 4-5)

~SC~

bobbo23 is offline Associate Member
    No offense dude but you should have had your diet squared away before messing with insulin .

Quote Originally Posted by bobbo23
    No offense dude but you should have had your diet squared away before messing with insulin.
    None taken. I agree, but since I just started, there is still time for improvement. Thanks a lot guys for the help, very much appreciated.

Thread Information