dominick0205 is offline New Member

lunch in the office?

for you guys that are at work 9-5 or whatever, what are you bringing in to eat for lunch. Its hard to bring in just cold chicken breast. Even when you heat it up, its just too dry and plain.

any tips?

dominick0205 is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dominick0205
    for you guys that are at work 9-5 or whatever, what are you bringing in to eat for lunch. Its hard to bring in just cold chicken breast. Even when you heat it up, its just too dry and plain.

any tips?

i was thinking, how about if i made a bunch of egg whites (hard boiled) and cut them up into some brown rice? was thinking this is better than having to reheat chicken everyday.

please guys, i'm open to any suggestions.

majorpecs is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    Every day I bring 30 oz of chicken and 24 oz of yams. I cook the chicken every 2 days. You have to buy the good chicken breasts that are thick enough to keep the juice. I cut off all the fat and sprinkle salt free miss dash then bake in the oven. No prob at alll. I also eat salsa with mine.

lifesabitch is offline Associate Member
    I have a ? about chicken breasts. The bag says they have 250 cals & 38g protein. Is this before you cook them or after? Also, where can u get chicken breasts for cheap in bulk? Thanks

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Re-heated barbecued rib-eye steaks and brocolli w/ranch dressing.

~SC~

mfenske is offline Member
    Today Mark will eat
    -Ground Round Beef (95% lean) with Green Beans
    -Chicken Breast (thick one got it from Wal-Mart) and Broccoli
    -Pork Sirloin Chops (trimmed off fat) and Spinach
    -Albacore Tuna (7 oz pouch) and Carrots
    -Peppered Honey Turkey Breast as a snack.

Hope this helps. Mark

Quote Originally Posted by lifesabitch
    I have a ? about chicken breasts. The bag says they have 250 cals & 38g protein. Is this before you cook them or after? Also, where can u get chicken breasts for cheap in bulk? Thanks
    Bump

Hey Mark, lose the carrots! They are in the upper rankings on the GI scale believe it or not. If this is something you wish to steer clear of, better to take it out.

~SC~

mfenske is offline Member
    Hey Swole, thanks for the advice. I assume that's you in your avatar so therefore I will listen to anything you have to say. What's your stance on my eating of kidney and black beans every day at about noon? I work out from 8AM to about 9AM if that helps. Mark

sublang is offline Junior Member

Before you cook them. Be careful because cooking something too much can destroy some of the nutrients. Costco has big bags of chicken for a great price.

beenie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dominick0205

any tips?
    Put the chicken breast on a bed of romain lettuce. Its a lot tastier then.

Quote Originally Posted by mfenske
    Hey Swole, thanks for the advice. I assume that's you in your avatar so therefore I will listen to anything you have to say. What's your stance on my eating of kidney and black beans every day at about noon? I work out from 8AM to about 9AM if that helps. Mark
    Yup, that's me in the avatar and in the sig........

Kidney and black beans are okay, but if your workout time ends @ 9 a.m., you should have an immediate pwo liquid shake first, then perhaps have some of your beans w/some rice, and chicken breast about 1.5 hours later or so. Not too many of these beans, as they have lots of fiber which you don't want in the 2nd pwo meal, as you ideally are looking for rapid uptake just as w/the first meal.

As far as including them other times of the day, well, nope. Not for your goals.

~SC~

Thanks for the response sublang.

goldenFloyd is offline Member
    lifesabitch - you can't go wrong with the 5lb ice glazed frozen breast pieces at costco. seriously get like 2 bags for the week and just cook as you go - they taste awesome because of the ice glazed (not susceptible to freezer burn) and they have all the tendons and clear nasty stuff cut off of them already.

primodonna is offline Female Member
    What kind of chicken is that? Doing the math and assuming it has 0 carbs in it, each one has 10.89 grams of fat in it?!?!

If that's true, you need to find another place to buy your chicken
    What happens here, stays here

primodonna-the ones I got were Pilgrim's Pride. Thanks for the tip goldenFloyd, I'll check it out!

Thread Information