wannagrow is offline New Member

diet for females

Hey guys, my lady has been training pretty hard the last few months and has got some pretty good results. she is only trying to get into better shape. I think she looks terrific, but she is very self concsious. She is currently doing 3 workouts a week and cardio 3-4 times a week. She has asked me to help her tweak her diet, but i'm not really sure if women have different needs to those of men, and she not trying to build as much muscle as me so the diets i have come up with for myself are not going to help her. Can anyone give a few suggestions or some of the girls maybe post some of their diets so she can have a look and get some idea's.
    Thanks heaps in advance

cb25 is offline Banned
    My ex was an amateur bodybuilder (and former powerlifter) - her diet was a lot like any of ours...high protein, moderate fat, moderate carbs...

the only thing i can stress for women is to make sure she's getting enough iron and calcium...and folic acid (this is a pre-natal precaution...not for bodybuilding reasons)...

Thanks for the quick reply.

She's been eating relatively similar to my diet at the moment, but i think she's worried she's gonna start to bulk up too much. Maybe if she see's a few people on here give the same advice as each other, she'll be more confiedent in what she's doing, which will always give you better results in itself

Do any of the girls have suggestions.

cb25 is offline Banned
    I realize i'm not a girl, but i'll re-issue my point, in a more direct answer to your last question.

The reason guys are able to "bulk up" so much easier is because of testosterone ...not supplemental, but rather the endogenous kind. Unless she's got an adrenal or uterine tumor where she's producing an enormous amount of androgens, she'll be fine...but she would know either of these by now if she had grown a goatee...

Her diet will be the key. She could add more weight, but she'd have to eat a lot. If she's working out, and eating maintenance calories, then chances are, she'll lean out pretty well...

good luck with it...

No worries, cheers for the help. I'll pass on the info. She's been going pretty well, and as long as she keeps up the motivation she'll get really good results.

Where we live, everyone plays alot of sport and exercises, which makes it easy, but then everyone has bbq every few days where they eat like crap and drink a hell of alot. (We don't even get cable TV). I work 12 hour shifts, so when i'm at work, its just too easy for her to just go with the flow and head down to the bbq or the pub with everyone else.

Any way, once she see's how good her results are, it'll be easier to keep it hope.

Thanks again.

cb25 is offline Banned
    happy to help bro...i lived with my ex for a couple years and helped her along in a lot of ways (diet, training etc...) so i'm familiar with (some aspects anyway) of women's training...

CutieFace Guest
    Wannagrow hon what are her stats, if she doesn't want them posted send me a pm hon....

most women don't take in enough protien and I would suggest to really get a good picture of her daily intake...go to www.fitday.com and have her input everything that goes into her mouth...and i do mean everything! for a couple of days....and lets see where she is w/ carbs/protien/fats

Cutie

primodonna is offline Female Member
    It would take unheard of amounts of food for her to bulk up if she's not taking any other "supplementation", and even then you couldn't call it "bulk up."

Like CF said, give us more info and it will be easier to help
    What happens here, stays here

Thread Information