Dec3iver is offline New Member

Review and Help please

Hey guys,

I need some help. Here is my situation.

I work from 8:30-5:30, I get home around 7:00 7:30ish. I have a desk job. I want to get cut up, and i am willing to work for it. I have some free weights and a home gym with stacked weights.

My plan is to work out every night 1 day upper the next day lower giving a rest time of 1 day per area. My diet will consist of eggwhites, meal replacement shakes, turkey breasts, salad with lean ground turkey or chicken breast, tuna fish, oats, whole wheat bread. protien bars and water to drink.

The only exercise i will get at work will be jogging up 8 flights of stairs with I get in, in the morning.

What else can I do to reach my goal?

here is a pic of me, let me know what I can do (ignore the beer, thats not in my diet now)
    http://www.phat-fx.com:2003/DCP00729.jpg

damiongage is offline Anabolic Member
    get up 45 min early and start the day with some cardio

usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member
    post a diet so we can critique it.

Quote Originally Posted by usualsuspect
    post a diet so we can critique it.
    Mon-tues
    7am
    6 egg whites

9:30
    myoplex lite shake
    4oz turkey breast
    12:30
    salad with 8-10oz of ground turkey or chicken breast with vinager and oil

3:30
    can of tuna in spring water
    2 egg whites

lift around 7:00
    myoplex shake (post workout)

8:00
    turkey or chicken salad with 3 boiled eggs without the yokes, vinager and oil.

I take 1000mg Vitamin C in the morning and B complex around 12:00 noon

wed-thrus
    breakfast 1/2 cup oat meal with a myoplex shake

Sat Lunch insted of salad i'll eat tuna fish or turkey sandwich on whole wheat bread.

Sunday is my cheat day
    Last edited by Dec3iver; 12-17-2003 at 05:07 PM.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Quickly, you should include another pwo meal.......solid in nature, chicken and rice type deal, very low/no fat. This will follow the initial liquid meal about an hour or so later.

Myoplex right after working out is okay, but I'd go w/dextrose and whey protein isolate. Utilize R-ALA and Biotin here as well.

In the absence of carbs, make sure your fats are adequate for your goals in your other protein meals. As well, you'll want to have an "off" day diet as well, as you won't be weight training everyday.

Cardio a.m. at 65-75% of MHR for 40-45 mins will, by far, be your biggest aide in the entire process.

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Quickly, you should include another pwo meal.......solid in nature, chicken and rice type deal, very low/no fat. This will follow the initial liquid meal about an hour or so later.

Myoplex right after working out is okay, but I'd go w/dextrose and whey protein isolate. Utilize R-ALA and Biotin here as well.

In the absence of carbs, make sure your fats are adequate for your goals in your other protein meals. As well, you'll want to have an "off" day diet as well, as you won't be weight training everyday.

Cardio a.m. at 65-75% of MHR for 40-45 mins will, by far, be your biggest aide in the entire process.

~SC~
    Thanks for the info SC, any preference in brand with the Whey ISO? Also what kind of doses of biotin and dextrose would be good?

ddoublevision is offline Associate Member
    go to www.allthewhey.com

cheap and effective

The Biotin is a supplement taken w/the R-ALA so as to not pull from your body's own natural stores to complete the functions of the R-ALA.

Dextrose amount will depend on your weight/LBM which you didn't list.

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    The Biotin is a supplement taken w/the R-ALA so as to not pull from your body's own natural stores to complete the functions of the R-ALA.

Dextrose amount will depend on your weight/LBM which you didn't list.

~SC~

I'm 165lbs 5'7. Sorry now asking such a n00b question. I've heard of dextrose, and biotin. But I have never heard of "r-ala".

30 grams of protein (whey) and about 60-75 grams of dextrose (carb grams) would be a good start.

R-ALA is R-Alpha Lipoic Acid. ALA is regular Alpha Lipoic Acid.

I don't have material on hand here about what it's functions are, but I'm sure someone does.

~SC~

Thread Information