UnNaturalBuff is offline Member

Help with trimming

Just wondering if anyone can help me with my diet. I'm a 21/m 5'9", 195 and about 13-14% bf, I'm hoping to get down to 7 or 8% and maybe stay around 180-185lbs by summer. Here's how my diet usually goes, keep in mind aiming for 200 grams of protein a day, eating every 2 1/2-3 hours apart:

Meal 1: two fried eggs, tsp olive oil, two piece's of wheat toast (need the carbs to pick me up in the morn) and a regular yogurt with fruit on the bottom.

Meal 2: Protein shake ( 270 cals, 2g's fat, 24g's carbs, 39 g's protein)

Meal 3: 5-6 oz. steak, with only some worchester sauce, low sodium, and some frozen veggies.

Meal 4: Turky sandwich ( 2 pieces wheat toast,3 slice's deli turky, less sodium, 3 slices tomato, lettuce,) and a piece of fruit.

Meal 5: Chicken and rice ( chicken breast, cream of mushroom soup, rice, peprika) and frozen veggies.

Meal 6: Protein shake, same as above.

I am just looking to find a way to cut as quickly as possible, but am not sure if I am taking in too many carbs. Been avoinding sodium and fat as much as possible. I change my workout every two weeks and do alot of cardio, but not too much because I heard that can take size off of you pipes too.

Also wondering if throwing in some winny would help me along quicker, on my friends advice.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    CAPS..............

Quote Originally Posted by NaturalBuff
    Just wondering if anyone can help me with my diet. I'm a 21/m 5'9", 195 and about 13-14% bf, I'm hoping to get down to 7 or 8% and maybe stay around 180-185lbs by summer. Here's how my diet usually goes, keep in mind aiming for 200 grams of protein a day, eating every 2 1/2-3 hours apart:

Meal 1: two fried eggs, tsp olive oil, two piece's of wheat toast (need the carbs to pick me up in the morn) and a regular yogurt with fruit on the bottom.

FORGET THE PICK ME UP.....IT'S MENTAL, UTILIZE SOME HEALTHY FATS INTSTEAD OR OATMEAL AND EGG WHITES IF YOU MUST HAVE CARBS HERE. ( U CAN DO BETTER W/OUT THEM HERE, BUT IT'S YOUR DIET) TAKE THAT YOGURT AND HEAVE THAT SUGAR LADEN CRAP OUT THE WINDOW.

Meal 2: Protein shake ( 270 cals, 2g's fat, 24g's carbs, 39 g's protein)

THAT LOOKS LIKE AN MRP......NOT A PROTEIN SHAKE.......TAKE OUT THE CARBS, INTRODUCE SOME FLAX OIL.

Meal 3: 5-6 oz. steak, with only some worchester sauce, low sodium, and some frozen veggies.

THIS IS FINE........NO CORN/CARROTS/PEAS.

Meal 4: Turky sandwich ( 2 pieces wheat toast,3 slice's deli turky, less sodium, 3 slices tomato, lettuce,) and a piece of fruit.

LOSE THE BREAD, UTILIZE ANOTHER SHAKE OR SOLID FAT/PROTEIN MEAL.

Meal 5: Chicken and rice ( chicken breast, cream of mushroom soup, rice, peprika) and frozen veggies.

U DON'T NEED RICE THIS LATE IN THE DAY UNLESS YOU ARE TRAINING.

Meal 6: Protein shake, same as above.

ACTUAL PROTEIN SHAKE AND FLAX/HEMP/FISH OIL, NOT AN MRP.

I am just looking to find a way to cut as quickly as possible, but am not sure if I am taking in too many carbs. YES YOU ARE, AND IN THE WRONG LOCATIONS. YOU WANT TO HAVE THEM AFTER WORKING OUT FOR SURE, BUT YOUR OTHER MEALS NEED TO BE CHANGED IN MY OPINION.

Been avoinding sodium and fat as much as possible. I change my workout every two weeks and do alot of cardio, but not too much because I heard that can take size off of you pipes too. NO IT WON'T, PROVIDED YOU KNOW HOW TO EAT CORRECTLY. CARDIO IS ONLY CATABOLIC WHEN YOU DON'T EAT CORRECTLY 24/7 TO STAVE OFF CATABOLISM, AND/OR WHEN YOUR CARDIO IS NOT OF THE FAT BURNING VARIETY AND SERVES TO BE ANAEROBIC OR "WITHOUT AIR". IT MUST ALSO BE PERFORMED AT THE APPROPRIATE TIMES.

Also wondering if throwing in some winny would help me along quicker, on my friends advice. NOT REALLY, UNLESS YOUR DIET IS SPOT ON, WINNY WON'T DO SQUAT REALLY.

Thank's for the advice, I'll start working on it. Few quick questions though,

The shakes I have are in the packets, but I also have a 5lb container that has 55g's protein and 1g carbs, would this be more sufficaint?

are omega-3 pills what I'd wanna take with them?

What brand is the 5lb. container? The ratios of protein to carbs is great, just wanna see what it is.......

Forget pills, you need the actual oils..........swallowing 15-18 caps at once is not cost-effective, nor something you'll wish to do.

~SC~

rambo is offline The Lord God
    Swole hit it, as usual. I was inclined to think this was about an XMAS tree based on the title.

Hahha, good one bruh!

~SC~

fugi1 is offline Junior Member
    SC, I normaly have a high carb meal between 7 and 8 in the evening, not that i need it but when i get back from work it's already prepared for me. Is this really bad for my diet?

usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fugi1
    SC, I normaly have a high carb meal between 7 and 8 in the evening, not that i need it but when i get back from work it's already prepared for me. Is this really bad for my diet?
    No considering the intensity of your workouts will utilize them. It really depends on the activity level.

It's called pro complex made by optimum nutrition

Quote Originally Posted by fugi1
    If it's a post-workout meal (your second one ideally), then it's fine.

However, if you haven't weight trained there really is no reason for a high carb meal at all.

~SC~

Fair enough there's no reason to have any but can it do any harm? What is it about having carbs at evening time that's so bad?

Yeah it can do harm.............carbs are used for energy, and if you ingest carbs and you don't burn them off during the day for energy, guess what happens to the excess carbs? They are stored as fat.

~SC~

So i guess i should not consume any carbs on my fifth and sixth meal. I finnish my workout at 12.30pm so in your opinion around what time do you think i should stop with the carbs?

Post workout 1 immediately after training, then about 1 to 1.5 hours later, another pwo meal in SOLID food form, whereas the first pwo meal was liquid (ideally dextrose and isolate). The rest of the day you could eat fat/protein meals, and include some green veggies w/some of those meals. (green beans, brocolli, zucchinni, etc.) No corn/carrots/peas.

~SC~

That's great, thanks. Just one more thing, what about non workout days, do i still need carbs for recovery even though i'm not training? What about recovery after from doing cardio?

Nah, stick w/green veggies as your form of carbs.

~SC~

SC i wanna ask you another ques if you don't mind, i'm a bit worried about this fat and no carbs thing. Sometimes my high fat/protein meals may contain a small amount of carbs (about 4to8grams), like nuts for example, they contain some carbs. Veggies do aswell, they're small amounts, does this matter?

Nope. Not those forms as they are very very low glycemic, and w/the fat being ingested they won't even "register".

~SC~

Thread Information