markyh is offline New Member

16% to 10% bf, how long?

How long roughly should it take to take off 6% bf, i've been watching my diet and doing plenty of cardio, i was just wondering if i can do it for my holiday next march, am i asking to much??, i do want to keep as much mass a poss obviously..

5'10
    180lb
    16%bf

usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member
    4 months is realistic with the proper diet, training, supps and rest.

Dictator is offline Banned
    what is proper, usualsuspect? i think 4 months is quite long, but i never tried it. anyway, i am in the same boat. about 15-16% looking to get under 10% BF.

J-F
    J-F is offline Associate Member
    4 months!! thats alot!!!

8-12 hardcore week is a realistic time i think..

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Yeah, 6-8 if you can really kick ass and be diligent w/a sound approach.

~SC~

BDTR is offline Retired
    6 weeks is very likely....

Just remember, the slower you go, the less chance of catabolism.

Cheers guys,,
    What ratio of protein, carbs, and fat should i be lookin at in my diet..

Can you come up with a game plan (like your diet) and post it so we have something tangible to critique?

~SC~

Well i was hoping you could advise me on what sort of diet, at the mo i'm basically trying to eat as much protein as poss and as little carbs and fat as poss. I could do with knowing what amount(gms) of protein, carbs and fats i should be taking daily to get down to 10%bf..
    Also

If i'm 180lb now at 16%bf what should be my final weight at 10% bf roughly..

Thanks..

LuvMuhRoids is offline Anabolic Member
    I do a chicken breast and rice diet when ever i want to shread of a few % of body fat. I got it down to a science and its easy. Actually you dont have to be perfect and count your calories if your not doing a show or something. Just stick to it day and night.

Make some in a tupperware and bring the stuff with you to work or something. Buy as much sauce as u want like barbecue sauce and the such. That will have some simple carbs in it like sugar but its cool. Your not gettting shredded just looking to come down a few % in bf.

Taper of the rice towards the evening no rice or nothing carb at night around 6-8pm least 4 hours before you go to bed. Your cardio is as important and must be incorporated into this diet strategically. You can not burn the calories right with carbs in your body. Your body goes to two sources for fuel. Your stored fat and your stomach. You have anything in your stomach you wont touch your bf.

Do cardio in the morning before a meal. Take a walk in the morning. Around the block. Best is at night before you go to bed. Perfect time to burn off carbs in your system dip into those fat cells storing carbs and you can burn calories while you freakin sleep as well.

Dont eat chicken breast and rice all week. Pick a cheat day. Some pick a cheat meal but again youre not doing a bodybuilding show. Pick a day or two even. Pig out. You will be in such a fat burning state of your body from the carb diet for 5-6 days and your strategic cardio in morning or night that one day will not make an impact and be helpful even.

Stick to this for a couple months. It will be hard. Eat chicken and rice when ever you get the urge to eat. At night make chicken breast only eat that. By all the sauces you want and pour it over your rice to change the flavor so you wont get so sick of the chicken and rice diet.

It works bro. I do it all the time. That and this will clean your system like you wouldnt believe. Make sure you take your mulit-vitamins too. And go buy some nitrogen strips from GNC make sure you stay positive nitrogen balance. You can eat some oat meal in the morning to get some needed nutrients but keep it plain no butter. Only drink diet pops, diet anything cuz of no calories or sugars. Drink distilled water. Gallon a day if you want to. This will stop your body from storing water as well. Its another good trick. Good luck.

Oh and I almost forgot. Boil or Broil the chicken breast. George Foremen Grill is da bomb. You can use rib meat too. Most time it comes that way. Get skinless boneless. Boil the rice of course. Dont know how else you would make that but I'd be surprised with the newbs on here. Might try to use a fina conversion kit to make a test out of it if I dont specify...lol
    Last edited by LuvMyRoids; 12-05-2003 at 11:35 PM.

Great reply, cheers for the info Luvmyroids.

Just one thing, what do you mean by a fina conversion kit??. well! two things: i finish training at 7pm, should i have no carbs after post workout??

Bro, post-workout is like the ONE TIME you DO want to take in carbs, ideally in two forms of meals.
    Although chicken and rice as a diet is not something I'd endorse, as w/out healthy fats being ingested, you're body won't be stimulated to let stored bodyfat go. Instead w/the equal reduction in macros and very low fat intake, you'll be losing fat and muscle at the same time, not ideal at all. Who wants to be a smaller, just-as-fat, person?

~SC~

Swolecat, could you tell me how much protein, carbs and fats (gm) to have daily to get me from 16% to 10% without losing too much muscle. Whats the best way to go about it.. That chicken and rice diet sounds good but it might be a bit harsh a diet for me, my time goal does give me 4 months..

appreciate the help......

At the moment i'm doing six meals a day starting from 8am to when i go bed, eating as much protein as poss(till i feel sick) and low carb intake tapering off towards 3pm. I train at 5'30pm , 6days a week (weight day, cardio abs day, weight day, cardio abs day and so on) I also do a 3 mile jog at 4.30 every training day..

My cardio is pretty much equal to my weights, is this to much for what i need to do.. Hope this gives you a better idea..

Thanks...

^........

IronAdam is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by markyh
    ^........
    It sounds like you have the right idea now. Cardio in the morning to get your metabolism going, some oatmeal and eggwhites in the morning, protein shake, work out in the afternoon, eat some carrots, celery, or an apple as a snack. Then a high protein and carb meal after the workout with a protein shake, if you really want to get cut fast do another session of cardio in the evening. Say your doing 40min in the morning now try doing 30 in the morning and 30 at night and finish off with the third shake of the day at night so your body has protein to repair as you rest. I've only been lifting about 2 years but lately I've been on this diet to lose some fat and it seems to be working quite well. I should be shredded by summer.

PS cheat days are important too. If your between 15-20% you should have a cheat day once every 7-10 days in which you eat more carbs. But don't pig out, maybe have a few pieces of pizza for dinner as your cheat meal for the week. The lower your bf gets the more often you can cheat. Experiment and see what works best for you, everyone is different. It will stimulate your leptin levels and encourage more fat loss, keeping your body from storing fat for energy thinking your starving.

Goodluck with the diet, and keep away from fats, white bread and other processed carbs as they are useless to your body and avoid trans-fats as well (french fries, oreos etc.)

beenie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bdtr
    6 weeks is very likely....

Just remember, the slower you go, the less chance of catabolism.
    Is it just me, or what, but 6 weeks to get from 16% to 10%. That seems very agressive. Are we talking diet and exersise here or are we talking lyposuction.

Is there someting here I am missing?

Markyh, you can make great progress in 6 weeks, or even 6 months, but it really depends a lot on how hard you train and what you eat. I suspect that age has a lot to do with it too.

When I hear bdtr and swole saying that he can do it in 6 to 8 weeks I am so miffed. What the hell am I doing wrong? I eat so clean, very low carb. I work out so hard. I do lots of cardio at just the right heart rate 6 days a week. I am not at 10%. I have been there. But I cannot maintain it. For me I can keep it at 12% or so, but when it comes to getting it much lower, it seems I have to cut the calories so low that I am hungry all the time. The only way I can do that is with lots of ECA and clen . Is this just me? Am I doing something wrong?

Could be your metabolism (thyroid and your T-3/T-4 conversion)

~SC~

usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member
    Going from 16% to 10% in 6 wks would be gosh darn impressive in my eyes.

It took me 2 1/2 months to go from 11% to 7%...and that was as a result of doing pratically everything close to the max.

6 weeks is a short time in my opinion. Yes it could be done but the chances of losing muscle is probably very high.

Thread Information