mfenske is offline Member

Goin to Jamaica wanna lose some fat

At the end of February it seems that my wife and I are going back to Jamaica . I currently am at about 233 pounds and say 17-19% bodyfat. I would like to try to get as low as I can without having any catabolism. I'm guessing 14-15% would be a good target. Here's my game plan:
    Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday- I weight train for about an hour from about 7:30AM to 8:30AM. Afterwards I am planning on doing cardio for about 30 minutes at as high intensity as I can muster. On non weight training days (Wed, Sat, Sun) I plan to do cardio for 45 minutes at as high intensity as I can. My diet is pretty good here is a sample.
    7AM-
    1 Cup Oatmeal
    2 scoops Optimum protein
    2 packets aspartame
    (sometimes I use about a TBSP natural PB)

9 AM Postworkout-
    90 grams Gatorade
    45 grams AST VP2 Vanilla

10:15 AM
    Chicken Breast
    Brown Rice 1 cup

1:00
    Ground Sirloin (95% lean) 8 oz
    Vegetable (usually Broccoli, Asparagus, Spinach, or Green Beans) 1 Cup

4:00
    Albacore Tuna or Pink Salmon (7 oz pouch)
    Vegetable 1 Cup

7:00
    Chicken Breast or Lean Pork 6 to 8 oz.
    Vegetable 1 Cup

10:00
    2 scoops Optimum Chocolate OR 8 Egg whites and 2 whole eggs.
    Flax Oil ( I haven't purchased the Flax yet. What kind should I get and how much should I use.)

Thanks in advance for all of your help. Just so you all know I don't plan on blowing it by drinking all week down there. I made sure the weight room was up to par before going. Mark

Sheek is offline Junior Member
    Diet looks good. but as you said "I would like to try to get as low as I can without having any catabolism." If you want to prevent this your gonna have to up the EFA's, whcih means more flax throughout the day (because of the low carbs). Also for your LBM, you should be getting around 350-380 Grams of protien. Dont forget, one cheat day allowed so your body does not get used to the diet.

Sheek, how much and how often would you recommend the flax? Mark

Elliot is offline Anabolic Member
    Sound good bro.. but you should do cardio first thing in the morning before eating anything at 65%-70% heart rate for 45 minutes.. i do it and belive me it works wonders.. diet sounds great i just dont get why the gadorade? and if your strict to your diet you can go a bit lower then 14-15% maybe as low as 11-13% if you really bust your balls.. put in some flax/fish oil in your first meal and use biotin and ala in your post workout shake with dextrox and whey.. good luck and bring back some pics of your trip..

I suggest you aim for around 2200-2400 cals (LBM is around 190). As for protein say you end up taking 340 grams. Each gram of protein has 4 cals so 1400 cals from protein. So you have around 1000 cals to play with. Each gram of fat has 9 calories. Try to take 2 tablespoons of flax at 10:15 AM. And another 2 at 4:00 and one more at whatever meal you feel like (mabey at 7:00). So that’s a total of 5 tablespoons (each tbs has 126 cals) so that’s a total of 630 Cals from fat. If you think you are losing some muscle. up the fat from flax and protein abit or just snack on some almonds throughout the day. The rest of the calories will be coming from veggies, rice ect...

The main thing with dieting is consistency and sticking with it. If you can stick with it you will reach your goals.

I think he is using Gatorade instead of dextrose. If you can get some dextrose use that, but if you cant stick to Gatorade.

This diet is actually pretty close to what I follow every day. The only difference is the flax. I will definitely start trying it. Like Sheek said the Gatorade is used in lieu of Dextrose. I think that dextrose is the second ingredient in Gatorade. As for doing cardio first thing, I really can't if I want to weight train. I wake about 6:45, eat at 7, and then workout at 7:30. My workouts are about 1.5 hours (counting cardio). I go home, shower, eat, and prepare my meals for the day. I work from 12 noon to 10PM Monday through Thursday. I can do the first thing cardio on Wed, Sat, and Sun but I am concerned that will eat too much mass. I put 14-15 as a very realistic goal and will try for more. Thanks for the help everyone.

rasiaca is offline New Member
    ok, I really need to know, what does LBM mean? It could be just from my nursing background but please tell me it doesn't mean 'last bowel movement'!!!
    Thanks, in advance,
    Anna

It means Lean Body Mass. It is the your Body mass without ANY fat. So if someone is 220 with 10% bf, you would caculate his LBM by multiplying 220*.1 to first find out the fat content, so that is 22lbs. And then take the fat and subtract it from total weight so 220-22= 198. Or you could just take 220 and times is by .9.

rasiaca is offline New Member
    ok, lean body mass, great thank you!

Thread Information