Thread: UDO oil..

Elliot is offline Anabolic Member

UDO oil..

Quote Originally Posted by Money Boss Hustla
    Don't buy flaxseed oil or crap like that...this is the best oil on the market. It's the only oil I take...omega 3 and omega 6 fatty acids!

Quote:

Udo's Choice Ultimate Oil Blend is a special blend of carefully chosen, natural, unrefined oils. It contains oils from fresh, certified organic flax, sesame and sunflower seeds, as well as oils from wheat germ, rice germ and oat germ.

Natural, unrefined Udo's Choice contains an ideal balance of the essential fatty acids (EFAs) omega 3 (alpha-linolenic) and omega 6 (linoleic). These EFAs are so called because they are essential to life itself. They cannot be created by the body and must be obtained through diet. Refined, hydrogenated oils turn EFAs into harmful trans-fatty acids, and studies show most contemporary Western diets are lacking in omega 3. To compensate for this, many consumers have turned to unrefined flax oil, high in omega 3. But, having the right balance between omega 3 and omega 6 is equally important. Too much of one will cause a deficiency of the other. Over the long term flax oil alone can lead to a shortage of omega 6.

Udo's choice was developed to address the need for a single oil that provides both EFAs in the correct amounts. The 2:1 ratio of 3s to 6s in Udo's Choice Ultimate Oil Blend goes beyond anything previously available. It's the healthy solution to all your EFA needs.

This oil blend is rich in lecithin, which provides the building materials for healthy cell membranes. It also contains medium chain triglycerides -- easy to digest and assimilate, they are used directly by our cells as a source of energy without increasing fat deposition. Vitamin E is added to improve shelf-life and to act as a free radical scavenger in the body.

Udo's Choice Ultimate Oil Blend is pressed at a temperature of less than 50 degrees Celsius and, more importantly, in the absence of light and oxygen. The use of nitrogen-flushed, amber glass bottles further protects the oil from light and oxygen and helps to insure maximum stability.

MCTs can improve liver function and fat absorption. Unlike fats and oils, they are not transported through the lymphatic system during digestion, but go directly to the liver where they are burned to provide energy. Burned like carbohydrates, MCTs are a good source of energy for athletes. They have been shown to lower cholesterol levels and help people with irritable bowel problems

Like all fresh-pressed oils, Udo's Choice is sensitive to light, air and heat. It should not be used for frying, deep-frying or sautéing, but can otherwise replace most oils in food preparation and can be used in all the same ways as flax oil.

Udo's Choice is excellent for making delicious healthy salad dressings and can be mixed with yogurt or tofu. Try serving it on steamed vegetables or baked potatoes, adding it to homemade veggie soup (after cooking), or mixing it with extra virgin olive oil in dishes such as homus and tabouleh. It adds zing to brown rice and can make both hot and cold cereals more nutritious.

Athletes may benefit by adding Udo's Choice to their favorite protein shake. It can also be added to fresh vegetable juices.

Udo's Choice actually brings out and improves the natural flavors of the foods to which it is added. You can consume it on its own, by the spoonful.

Udo's Choice Ultimate Oil Blend Ingredients: Flax oil*, sunflower oil*, sesame oil, medium chain triglycerides, evening primrose oil (12.6 mg GLA per tablespoon), rice germ and bran oil, soy lecithin, d-alpha tocopheral (natural vitamin E), oat germ and bran oil. (*from certified organically grown seeds).

sound pretty good any cons to it..? Vitamin shoppe has it 90 1000MG for $11.44.. looks like a kick ass product..

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    It's cool, yeah. I usually alternate flax oil, omega 3,6,9, and hemp oils.

~SC~

Elliot is offline Anabolic Member
    i was going to get some but they kid at vitshop gave me a wierd look when i asked where the efa's are.. and then he came accross a brilliant idea and goes "oh oh effective functions alternatives" and showed me creatine.. i might go to the city to get some later in the week...

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!

**** kids!!!!!

~SC~

Thread Information