Elliot is offline Anabolic Member

Cutting Diet... Please Critique..

Hey im 19 240 lbs at 6'1 i would like to loose like 30-40 lbs i put a small diet together (below) but when it comes to fitness im a newbie.. so i came to the source.. i would like to be in decent physique for the summer. So please help me out.. in adition to diet im going to do 45 minutes of am cardio on an empty stomach just as swole cat advises and some weights.. once again please comment..
    Attached Files Attached Files

primodonna is offline Female Member
    Can you copy that and paste it in a post? It will be easier to critique it that way but a few things right off the bat.

Change the chicken thighs to breasts.

Change your first meal to include egg whites and oatmeal (or some other complex carb).

86 the ham and cheese wraps and eat a meal with some sort of lean protein (chicken breats/lean red meat/egg whites/tuna w/ no mayo) and brown rice (or some other complex carb)

How many oz is the steak you are eating? What kind of steak is it?

I don't know what is in an Isoflex shake but if it has any carbs in it, that needs to be changed as well if you're drinking it right before bed.

You will need to add in some good fats somewhere during the day.

You also need to hit the weights and take in a post-workout shake immediately afterwards that includes whey protein and simple sugars (dextrose/maltodextrin)

One good thing is that it looks like you are already programmed to eat 5-6 times a day which is one of the most difficult aspects to incorporate into your life if you don't already do it.
    What happens here, stays here

beenie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ElliotNess
    Hey im 19 240 lbs at 6'1 i would like to loose like 30-40 lbs i put a small diet together (below) but when it comes to fitness im a newbie.. so i came to the source.. i would like to be in decent physique for the summer. So please help me out.. in adition to diet im going to do 45 minutes of am cardio on an empty stomach just as swole cat advises and some weights.. once again please comment..
    I would kill the A1 and the wrap for you ham and cheese. Isoflex is a good choice if you are in Canada: its low carb, so aside from the A1 and bread in your wrap, you describe a decent low carb diet.

bestbod85 is offline Banned
    dude this diet is good if i were u i would use this diet with some clen if u can get it

Breakfast "Two Boiled Eggs
    Two Strips of Bacon
    Cup of Coffee without sugar"

Snack One "Two Ham and
    Cheese Wraps"

Lunch "Three Chicken Thighs
    With mixed Vegtables"

Snack Two "Can of Tuna
    with some Mayo"

Dinner "Steak with two
    table spoons of A1 sauce"

Post Dinner Snack "Isopure Shake with
    Creatine and Glutamine"
    ---------------------------------------------
    Thank you for all your help guys.

primodonna i was thinking of keeping under 20g of carbs (ketosis/atkins) diet. but if im wrong please educate me =). also i cant stomach tuna with out mayo.

beenie i dont use any bread for the ham and cheese wrap its just cheese wraped in ham as far as the a1 sauce goes i need some sort of spoil..

bestbod85 this is my first really cutting or bulking cycle so i dont really want to start using gear this early into working out career..

i was also thinking of adding some green pepers instead of the mixed vegtables..

please comment on my diet.. im a newbie so if you can please explain every thing i should change.. thanks a bunch

robert..
    Last edited by Elliot; 12-14-2003 at 10:18 PM.

ripsid is offline Senior Member
    I'd do 6-8 eggs in a lowfat cheese omelete, oatmeal, and coffee. Deffinately don't use wraps go with the low carb grain breads (6gof carbs if you need to have a sandwhich) also go with turkey instead of ham. I'd not do the A1 too much sodium (if I remember right). Also, try olive oill w/ your tuna instead of may, just to mix it up some. I like light olive oil with pepper.

Good luck and post pics

SID

Breakfast "Two Boiled Eggs
    Two Strips of Bacon

Snack One "Two Ham and
    Cheese Wraps"

With mixed Vegtables"

Snack Two "Can of Tuna
    with some Mayo"

Dinner "Steak with two

Creatine and Glutamine"

primodonna i was thinking of keeping under 20g of carbs (ketosis/atkins) diet. but if im wrong please educate me =). also i cant stomach tuna with out mayo.

beenie i dont use any bread for the ham and cheese wrap its just cheese wraped in ham as far as the a1 sauce goes i need some sort of spoil..

bestbod85 this is my first really cutting or bulking cycle so i dont really want to start using gear this early into working out career..

i was also thinking of adding some green pepers instead of the mixed vegtables..

please comment on my diet.. im a newbie so if you can please explain every thing i should change.. thanks a bunch

robert..

rambo is offline The Lord God
    IN CAPS BELOW....

Breakfast
    "Two Boiled Eggs
    Two Strips of Bacon

DITCH THE BACON, BUMP THE EGGS TO EIGHT, 1 WHOLE, THROW IN A 1/2 CUP OF OATMEAL.

Snack One "Two Ham and
    Cheese Wraps"

DUMP IT. USE LEAN TURKEY CUT, NO CHEESE.

With mixed Vegtables"

TWO CHICKEN BREASTS AND VEGETABLES.

Snack Two "Can of Tuna
    with some Mayo"

LOSE THE MAYO, USE MUSTARD OR SALSA.

Dinner "Steak with two

LOSE THE A1, MAKE SURE THE STEAK IS A LEAN CUT.

Creatine and Glutamine"

FINE. ADD 2 TBSPS FLAX.

IF ITS NECESSARY FOR THE MAYO, FINE, BUT IT'S NOT THE BEST ANSWER. TRY DIFFERENT VARIABLES. KETO IS OK FOR LOSING MASSIVE AMOUNTS OF WEIGHT, BUT PREPARED TO LOSE SOME STRENGTH. I WOULD RECOMMEND A LOWER CARB DIET WITH YOUR MAIN CARBS COMING FROM A PWO SHAKE AND BREAKFAST... I.E. 60 GRAMS PWO, 30 IN THE MORNING, AND UPPING THE PROTEIN.

USE SOMETHING WITHOUT SUGAR THEN, A1 IS TOO PROCESSED.

GOOD CHOICE.

YOU CAN DO BOTH, ADDING ROUGHAGE IS GOOD FOR YOU, STAY AWAY FROM CARROTS, THOUGH.

robert..
    STICK AROUND, WE ARE HERE TO HELP.

Thenx for all your help guys :-D.. today was my first day on this diet.. was i woke up i went stright to the gym did an hour of cardio trying to keep my HR within 135-140 BPM.. after that i came home and did as you guys said ate half a cup of oatmeal (1 cup prepared) and i ate 2 egg white and one whole.. i threw in two teaspoons of grinded flax seeds into the oatmeal and a bit of salt for the taste... good/bad?! for my sanck im going to have a slice of turkey wrapped around apline slice cheese which is soppoused to be low fat low sodium (acctuly 2 of thoes wraps[no bread, naturly])... for lunch 2 chicken brestes with fresh cut green peper, snack two can of tuna with some low fat mayo.. i know i shouldnt have mayo but its the only thing that helps me stomach tuna fish.. dinner a steak about .75 lbs sirolin cut with very little to none fat. and for my PW shake i have 100% Whey Pro-Amino Vanilla Ice Cream and as ramrod suggested i might add a banana and 1.5 cups of milk to increase the carbs.. any plus's minus's? and some creatine and glutamine then in about an hour im off to sleep.. thank you once again ya'll have been great thenx

rambo is offline The Lord God
    and as ramrod suggested i might add a banana and 1.5 cups of milk to increase the carbs..
    ...and then I crapped on Ronnie Coleman's lawn? No way! No milk and no fruit!

lol i appologize so what should i use to boost carbs? dextrose/maltodextrin as donna said?

eggplant is offline Member
    bro are u doing a keto diet??

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    CAPS.........

Thenx for all your help guys :-D.. today was my first day on this diet.. was i woke up i went stright to the gym did an hour of cardio trying to keep my HR within 135-140 BPM.

I'D BEGIN WITH 45 MINS FOR NOW. USE THE HOUR FOR A TUNE-UP LATER DOWN THE ROAD SHOULD PROGRESS STALL IN 3-5 WEEKS.

after that i came home and did as you guys said ate half a cup of oatmeal (1 cup prepared) and i ate 2 egg white and one whole..

YOU HAVE MORE CARBS HERE THAN PROTEIN. NOT SURE WHAT YOUR GOALS ARE, BUT WITH AN HOUR OF CARDIO JUST BEING DONE, I'D SAY YOU ARE LOOKING TO CUT BODYFAT. THAT'S NOT GOING TO HAPPEN W/MEALS SUCH AS THIS.

i threw in two teaspoons of grinded flax seeds into the oatmeal and a bit of salt for the taste... good/bad?! I'D LEAVE THE FATS OUT IF YOU ARE HAVING CARBS HERE FOR WHATEVER REASON.

for my sanck im going to have a slice of turkey wrapped around apline slice cheese which is soppoused to be low fat low sodium (acctuly 2 of thoes wraps[no bread, naturly])...DOESN'T SEEM LIKE NEARLY ENOUGH.

for lunch 2 chicken brestes with fresh cut green peper,

WHERE'S THE FATS?????? YOU'RE GOING TO BURN PROTEIN FOR ENERGY HERE, OR LEAN MASS.

snack two can of tuna with some low fat mayo..

SCREW THE LOW-FAT CRAP......IT'S FULL OF SUGAR, USE BEST FOODS REAL MAYO. W/OUT CARBS, YOU HAVE NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT, THIS WILL NOT, I REPEAT, WILL NOT MAKE YOU FAT.

i know i shouldnt have mayo but its the only thing that helps me stomach tuna fish.. SEE ABOVE!

dinner a steak about .75 lbs sirolin cut with very little to none fat.
    U CAN HAVE SOME FAT FROM THE STEAK, AS IF YOU ARE INGESTING HEALTHY FATS DURING THE DAY (YOU SHOULD) THEY ALL BALANCE OUT.

and for my PW shake i have 100% Whey Pro-Amino Vanilla Ice Cream and as ramrod suggested i might add a banana and 1.5 cups of milk to increase the carbs.. any plus's minus's? and some creatine and glutamine then in about an hour im off to sleep.. thank you once again ya'll have been great thenx

I DUNNO WHAT THE STUFF ABOVE IS, NEVER CLICKED THE LINK, BUT DEXTROSE/ISOLATE IS BEST PWO. FORGET MILK/FRUIT, DOES ABSOLUTELY NOTHING FOR YOUR PURPOSES. YOU ALSO NEED ANOTHER SOLID MEAL AFTER THE LIQUID ONE, AND I'D NIX THE CREATINE IF YOU ARE CUTTING LOOKING FOR LEANNESS, STRIATIONS, SEPERATION, AND CUTS.

Quote Originally Posted by eggplant
    bro are u doing a keto diet??
    With all the carbs he has listed? I think not.........

~SC~

Swolecat im looking to loose about 30 lbs which would put me on or under the 10% bf line.. as i said before i have no clue what im doing and all of this was put together from what i read in other posts, forums, etc. yeah im looking to loose bf and keep/increase (if possible) lean muscle... i do am cardio and pm weights... yesterday thought the whole day i counted about 1500 cals, 80 grams of fat 30-40 grams of carbs and 200 grams of protien.. (approx).. i go by what ever i read here.. thank you for your insight as you seem to know what your doing your advice is very appriciated..

Eight A.M. Cardio 45 Minutes 132-142 BPM

Nine A.M. Three boiled eggs (one whole)
    ½ Cup oatmeal (one table spoon of grinded Flax seeds/10G Glutamine)
    Multi-Vitamin + Xenadrine EFX

Eleven A.M. Ham/Turkey and Munster Cheese Rolls (two-three)
    Four-Six ounces of almonds (depending on hunger)

One P.M. Chicken (one to one and a half pound)
    Green/red/yellow pepper (whole)

Four P.M. Can of Tuna (in water) with table spoon of mayonnaise
    Teaspoon of grinded flax seeds

Six P.M. Sirloin Steak (eight to twelve ounces depending on hunger)

Nine P.M. Ham/Turkey and Munster Cheese Rolls (two-three)
    Four-Six ounces of almonds (depending on hunger

Ten P.M.
    Weight training

Eleven P.M. Post work out shake (Iso-pure protein/water/TBSP Flax/300MCG Biotin/50MG Alpha Lipoic Acid/10G Glutamine)
    Bottle of Gatorade (ran out of dextrose)

I AM IN CAPS BELOW........

Eight A.M. Cardio 45 Minutes 132-142 BPM

Nine A.M. Three boiled eggs (one whole)
    ½ Cup oatmeal (one table spoon of grinded Flax seeds/10G Glutamine)
    Multi-Vitamin + Xenadrine EFX

XENADRINE EFX SHOULD BE BEFORE CARDIO..............WATCH THE FAT/CARBS TOGETHER HERE, EVEN THOUGH FLAX SEEDS ARE A GOOD FAT. YOU ARE SERIOUSLY LACKING PROTEIN AS WELL, THE KEY TO IT ALL!

Eleven A.M. Ham/Turkey and Munster Cheese Rolls (two-three)
    Four-Six ounces of almonds (depending on hunger)

SODIUM UP THE WAZOO IN THESE MEATS......I'D UTILIZE A FLAX/ISOLATE SHAKE.

One P.M. Chicken (one to one and a half pound)

YOU'LL NEED FATS HERE IN THE PLACE OF CARBS.......IF THIS IS CHICKEN THIGHS, FINE, BREASTS NO.......U NEED TO ADD FAT.

Four P.M. Can of Tuna (in water) with table spoon of mayonnaise
    Teaspoon of grinded flax seeds
    THIS IS FINE, USE THE REAL MAYO, NO LOW FAT CRAP.

Six P.M. Sirloin Steak (eight to twelve ounces depending on hunger)
    FINE HERE..............

Nine P.M. Ham/Turkey and Munster Cheese Rolls (two-three)
    Four-Six ounces of almonds (depending on hunger
    SEE ABOVE SUGGESTIONS FOR THIS MEAL.

Ten P.M. Weight training

**** THAT'S LATE..........

Eleven P.M. Post work out shake (Iso-pure protein/water/TBSP Flax/300MCG Biotin/50MG Alpha Lipoic Acid/10G Glutamine)
    Bottle of Gatorade (ran out of dextrose)

GET SOME DEXTROSE, IT'S CHEAP............1FAST400.COM IS GREAT, SO YOU'LL WANNA DO IT RIGHT. TAKE THE FLAX OIL OUT, AS YOU DO NOT WANT TO SLOW DIGESTION AT THIS TIME, QUICK DIGESTION IS CRUCIAL!

AS WELL, YOU NEED ANOTHER SOLID STARCH/LEAN PROTEIN MEAL AFTER THE LIQUID ONE, AS YOUR BODY WILL TORCH THAT POST-WORKOUT SHAKE IN ABOUT 45 MINS LEAVING YOU ON EMPTY.

~SC~

SODIUM UP THE WAZOO IN THESE MEATS......I'D UTILIZE A FLAX/ISOLATE SHAKE.

i hate the taste of shakes.. also the sodium isnt a real issue right now i'll cut it near the end of my diet tho..

YOU'LL NEED FATS HERE IN THE PLACE OF CARBS.......IF THIS IS CHICKEN THIGHS, FINE, BREASTS NO.......U NEED TO ADD FAT.

Chicken thights as always#@!#!@## only thing i can afford (insert: any one want to sponsor a college going child?

**** THAT'S LATE..........

college life swallows.. i have class/work/moreclass/schoolwork/anditjustneverstops...

AS WELL, YOU NEED ANOTHER SOLID STARCH/LEAN PROTEIN MEAL AFTER THE LIQUID ONE, AS YOUR BODY WILL TORCH THAT POST-WORKOUT SHAKE IN ABOUT 45 MINS LEAVING YOU ON EMPTY.

peppers with a hamburger patty inside? im very crative

also am i using the correct dosages of glute/flax/biotin/ala? im 270 about 15-16%?

update.. i just got 10LBS of dextrose for 15.25$ with shipping..
    what would i do with out you guys?! ::tear falls from eye to cheek:: i love you guys

ps. how much dex should i throw into my shakes? 35-40g?
    Last edited by Elliot; 05-02-2004 at 09:26 PM.

Thread Information