Thread: TUNA & MUSTARD?

timmz11 is offline Junior Member

TUNA & MUSTARD?

yes i was wondering if there was anything wrong with mixing my tuna with mustard? instead of mayo.? ....the only thing the mustard really has in it is 60 g of sodium...and as far as i know it has no sugars like ketchup..(i may be wrong??)
    ive jus gotten F***** tired of eating jus straight tuna..so im tryin a few things..tell me what u think guys...

scottninpo is offline Senior Member
    you can, mustard is pretty clean, but that sounds kinda icky, have you tried low fat mayo? i mix my tuna with vinegar, garlic powder, pepper, celery and low fat mayo and it tastes pretty good

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Screw low fat mayo, it's full of SUGAR.

If you are having only tuna, USE REAL MAYO for your source of fat w/the meal, to hell w/mustard as well.
    How can you worry about the sodium in mustard, when u are eating tuna? It's chock full of sodium in and of itself!

~SC~

dangit is offline Member
    Yeah, tuna is real bad when it comes to sodium

I'll eat tuna mixed with a baked potatoe and mustard sometimes. Tastes pretty good.

I stop eating tuna though when I'm trying to shed water.

Mu'min is offline Associate Member
    Bismillah
    Man, tuna with mustard is great. I used to eat it all the time. Peanuts and tuna is even better. I use the no salt peanuts though because I get enough sodium from the tune

monster. is offline Anabolic Member
    I agree, tuna with mustard in can is not too bad, all i taste is the mustard... I can shovel it in my mouth

kc
    kc is offline Female Member
    blech...if i can figure out ANY way to avoid that stuff I will..anything

Yeah KC, tuna and women don't go together too well in ANY form.

~SC

kc
    kc is offline Female Member
    that too

timmz11 is offline Junior Member
    they way ive been having mine lately...is mixing the tuna and mustard together.and taking slices of lean turkey breast....and rolling up the tuna mixture inside it..kinda like a burrito......it sounds like **** on a stick..but im tellin ya..its really not that bad......

fugi1 is offline Junior Member
    Wow i didn't know tuna has sodium in it, that probably explains why i'm always bloated, i have at least 3 large cans of tuna a day, i even have one before i sleep

Holy crap Batman, it's one of the most sodium laden foods. Remember for the small cans to multiply the sodium by 2.5, the servings in the can. Your "large" cans must have an @$$load more.

~SC~

fugi1 is offline Junior Member
    The tuna i have comes in a 150g can, 35g of protein. I don't know whether that is a large can, but anyway for me it's the most convienient of foods to eat as far as high/quality protein and no carbs is concerned. SC, do you have any protein before you sleep? I was told that your're muscles break down while sleeping and you need high quality protein

Yeah, I have a protein shake made w/isolate and water, with EFA's all over the place to slow digestion. Casein is also a good choice, but my method has yet to fail me.

~SC~

tie
    tie is offline Junior Member
    I've swtiched from plain cold tuna to m'waving the contents of a large can for a minute, with a couple of tablespoons of tomato pasta sauce mixed thru. It's pretty good.

mcnst01 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Screw low fat mayo, it's full of SUGAR.

If you are having only tuna, USE REAL MAYO for your source of fat w/the meal, to hell w/mustard as well.
    How can you worry about the sodium in mustard, when u are eating tuna? It's chock full of sodium in and of itself!

~SC~
    Hey Swolecat,
    Helmann's just too good mayo has very little sugar, why do say it's full of sugar? Is there something I'm missing?

Thanks

Thread Information