pumped99 is offline Associate Member

Making a bulking protein shake..

I think I am going to base this shake around alltheyway isolate, and add in some extras. I have heard dextrose and maltose(sp?) are good things to add, but I am unclear as the benefits to those, so if anyone could enlighten me, I would appreciate it. I am thinking I am going to use skim/nonfat milk also, as the majority said that I shouldn't use wholemilk even in a bulking cycle. Any posts about what you think I should add/change in the shake will be appreciated. Thanks.

Also, I am thinking of using myoplex storms as my protein bars.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame

Milk sucks period full fat or skim, all the carbs in it are pure sugar............check the label!

Dextrose and/or maltodextrin are not items you'd utilize any other time than post-workout.

I can only imagine a milk/dextrose/protein shake...........no better way to ruin a good look actually!

~SC~

k_dogg is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Milk sucks period full fat or skim, all the carbs in it are pure sugar............check the label!

Dextrose and/or maltodextrin are not items you'd utilize any other time than post-workout.

I can only imagine a milk/dextrose/protein shake...........no better way to ruin a good look actually!

~SC~
    swole can you suggest a couple of nice simple protien shakes while bulking..non milk? yeah low fat milk has heaps of sugar and it bothers me.i always have milk in all mine and the idea of water blended with a banana, oatmeal and protien powder is kind of wierd to me

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    Whole milk is another 200 calories.
    Add 3 or 4 eggs. 210-280 calories
    Ice cream 100-150 calories
    Weight gainer 500-600 calories

1000 calories low end 1130 high end.
    Who cares about the sugar if you are bulking.
    Drink two of those a day to help out.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Who cares about sugar when you are bulking you ask?

Well, me for one, as sugar does nothing to improve upon a physique. If you feel like bulking like Oprah, go for it. When it comes time to diet, you'll have to do so for far longer, and you run an increased chance of losing precious lean mass as a result of having to do so.

The 80's are gone w/the raw eggs, milk, and getting fat to get big. We've come a long way, don't get stuck in the archaic practices that are no longer utilized by anyone who knows anything about fitness and creating a top notch physique.

~SC~

usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member
    If your a 150lb, 15 yr old with a raging metabolism then I'd say have as much sugar as you like. But if your like most people on here who take care of their bodies (and don't have the luxury of eating just anything) I would say avoid sugar like its the plague. Other than pwo of course!

mcnst01 is offline Associate Member
    So would you say that sugar (other then PWO) is the single worst thing to consume? Worse then Saturated fat? If so then I'll start chowing down on some big macs jk

Thread Information