97cobra is offline Junior Member

1st time to cut, need advice!!!

I am 5'9", weigh 220, and bodyfat is around 18-20 I believe. I will post pics soon so this may be easier for people to help me. I have always bulked and never cut. So this is my diet I will work with. Please critique.

Meal 1 Cals/Pro/Carb/Fat

Optimum Whey 220, 46, 6, 6
    (or 8 egg whhites)
    Oatmeal 450, 15, 81, 7
    Multi
    1 gram vit C
    R-ALA

Meal 2 Pre-W/O
    Optimum 220, 46, 6, 6
    Oatmeal 450, 15, 81, 7
    R-ALA

Meal 3
    Whey 220, 46, 6, 6
    Dextrose 300, 0, 75, 0
    Creatine 140, 0 35, 0
    R-ALA
    Multi
    3 grams Vit C

Meal 4
    5.5 oz chicken 297, 50, 0, 11
    Oatmeal 450, 15, 81, 7
    R-ALA

Meal 5
    Oatmeal 300, 10, 54, 3
    R-ALA

Meal 6
    (or 8 egg whites)
    P-Butter 190, 8, 7, 16

Totals 3831, 351, 432, 91

I am going to drop my cals by 200 by removing carbs. Then when I become stagnant I will reduce by 200 more cals by removing carbs and so on. Then when a meal gets all the carbs reduced I was going to replace w/ Udo's. But I am going to keep some carbs in my 1st meal, PWO meal, and PPWO meal. I am going to start off by removing 27 carbs from meal 5 and meal 2. The next cycle would be to remove half the serving of dextrose from PWo meal and the remaining 27 in meal 5 and replace w/ Udo's. So and so forth until I only have carbs in the 1st, PWO, PPWO.

SO in the end my diet will look like this:

Meal 1
    Whey 220, 46, 6, 6
    Oatmeal 150, 5, 27, 2
    Multi
    1gram Vit C
    R-ALA

Meal 2
    Optimum 220, 46, 6, 6
    Udo's ( don't know macros) or veggies

Meal 3
    Whey 220, 46, 6, 6
    Creatine 140, 0, 35, 0
    R-ALA
    Multi

Meal 4
    6 oz. chicken 324, 54, 0, 12
    Oatmeal 150, 5, 27, 2
    R-ALA

Meal 5
    udo's

Meal 6
    udo's

On a non-W/O day what should I change?? Drop my cals less carbs?

All the while I will be doing cardio on the elliptical machine. Starting @ 1 hour for three days and eventually ending up @5-6 days cardio at the end of cutting. Is this ok? Plus I would like to know what % heart rate I should be doing cardio at for optimum fat burning? I know cardio is better in the morning but my w/out partner can't do it in the morning so we will do it after we train. Is this ok?? I'd rather do it together so we can push each other and be motivated to do it. We are thinking of still training heavy w/ reps of 6-8 and only 9 sets for each small part and 12 for each big part? Any suggestions??

Also when should I drink my PWO shake after a traning/Cardio session?? 30 min., 1hour????

This is all I can think of right now and I appreciate everyone for the advice. I am willing to do anything to get in the single digit bodyfat %. I am and I just need some help from some experienced people. Thanx!!!

Sheek is offline Junior Member
    This is how I would run the diet.

Meal 1
    2 cups of Egg whites
    1 cup Oatmeal (non-workout days)
    Multi
    1gram Vit C

Meal 2
    2 cans of tuna
    1 bowl of salad (salad actually takes more calories to digest, then the actually salad)
    14 grams Udo's (I think Udo’s only comes in tabs, so you’ll have to take a lot. I only use the flax liquid)

Meal 3
    Whey 220, 46, 6, 6
    1 tbs of flax (or 14 grams)
    Multi

Meal 4
    1 bowl salad
    1 tbs of flax or olive oil.

Meal 5
    Whey shake
    udo's

Meal 6
    1-2 cup veggies
    udo's

- Use R- ALA for your PWO meals maybe add some biotin with it (have a shake with dextrose: 15-30 mins after weights, and a meal 1 hour after with some protein and some low GI carbs- yams, brown rice)
    - Do cardio 65-75% MHR for 40-45min. ( I would do it in the morning before a meal, but if you HAVE to do it with your friend then go ahed)
    - Snack on some almonds if you get really hungry throughout the day (not too many)
    Last edited by Sheek; 12-27-2003 at 01:46 PM.

Elliot is offline Anabolic Member
    why so many carbs? and peanutbutter? like sheek said use r-ala and biotin pwo shake and cardio really wont do you any good if you ate in like the last 3 hours cause it'll burn what you consumed instead of whats stored.. i work out with my partner also but he doesnt do cardio in the am so i do it alone and do weights with him in the pm... also 45 minute walk isnt as dreadful as it might sound slap on some headphones and your good.. the benefits of am cardio are tromendus.. but its up to you..

rob..

[/QUOTE]why so many carbs? and peanutbutter? like sheek said use r-ala and biotin pwo shake and cardio really wont do you any good if you ate in like the last 3 hours cause it'll burn what you consumed instead of whats stored.. [PHP]

This is why I am asking questions b/c I have only bulked before now. The 1st diet was my bulking diet. The last was what I was thinking should be the end of my cutting phase after cutting my carbs. I am here to learn. I wait an hour to an hour and a half before I hit the weights. So it should be about 3 hrs when I hit cardio. As for p-butter I only used it for my last meal before bed. I am cutting that now and am using flax instead.

beenie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 97cobra
    I am 5'9", weigh 220, and bodyfat is around 18-20 I5.5 oz I am going to drop my cals by 200 by removing carbs. Then when I become stagnant I will reduce by 200 more cals by removing carbs and so on. Then when a meal gets all the carbs reduced I was going to replace w/ Udo's. But I am going to keep some carbs in my 1st meal, PWO meal, and PPWO meal. I am going to start off by removing 27 carbs from meal 5 and meal 2. The next cycle would be to remove half the serving of dextrose from PWo meal and the remaining 27 in meal 5 and replace w/ Udo's. So and so forth until I only have carbs in the 1st, PWO, PPWO.

SO in the end my diet will look like this:

Meal 1

This is all I can think of right now and I appreciate everyone for the advice. I am willing to do anything to get in the single digit bodyfat %. I am and I just need some help from some experienced people. Thanx!!!
    I am very confused. You say that you are going to cut out your carbs and then you include oatmeal and dextrose on tghe meal plan. It doesn't seem sound to me, but I suppose that if you do enogh cardio you can burn off some of the carbs you are ingesting. Of course those which you do not burn, will be stored as fat, which is what you initially said you wanted to cut, right?

Even your selection of protien is higher in carb than it needs to be.
    Last edited by beenie; 12-27-2003 at 03:50 PM.

The reason why I have such high amounts of carbs is b/c I was bulking. From what I understand you can't just go from 3700 cals to 2100 cals in a day. This is why I was planning on tapering off my carbs and adding fats when all the carbs are depleted in a meal. At the end of my cut I would only have few amounts of carbs in my 1st meal, pre-w/o, and PWO. If I am doing this wrong please let me know. Sorry if my 1st post was a little confusing I had so many questions running through my mind I may have made it a little confusing.

Beenie, there are only 18 grams of carbs coming from my protein sources.
    Last edited by 97cobra; 12-28-2003 at 01:21 AM.

Thread Information