farrar is offline New Member

Pre-Workout Carb Source

I am planning my January bulking cycle of Test and Deca putting a lot of time into nutrition. I am 42 years old, 5’10” tall weighing 205 at 13% BF. My plan is to consume 18-20 calories per day over 7-8 meals on a split of 50% protein, 35% carbs, and 15% fat.

I plan to drink a post workout drink containing 70 grams of protein with 70 carbs from dextrose.

My question is concerning my pre-workout meal. I had planned to drink a whey shake with 50 grams of protein and eat 1 cup of brown rice, which has about 50 carbs. But, I will be doing this at my last 10-minute break at work 90 minutes before my workout and was hoping the group could suggest an easier way to get the carbs. Quaker has oatmeal bars with each having about 36 carbs BUT 18 of these are from sugar.

I have purchased some 7-grain, health cereal called Kashi that I picked up at Wal-Mart. Each 3/4 ounce serving has 90 calories, 3 grams of protein, 24 carbs {with over 8 grams of dietary fiber}, and only 1 gram of fat which is unsaturated. I thought about packing 1-2 servings of this in my lunch bag for last break.

Any ideas.....?

Thanks,

Farrar

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    U can make your own oatmeal bars and take them w/you.

For the pwo shake, you'd be better off w/a 60 grams protein, 120 dextrose, or 50 pro, 100 dextrose, not 70 and 70.........just my opinion.

~SC~

usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member
    Like swole said, cut the pre-workout carbs and add them to your pwo shake.

If your lucky enough to have an overcharged metabolism, I'd say find a way to get those carbs in pre-workout. Maybe try pre-cooking a yam/sweet potatoe the night before, break it up in a sandwich bag, sprinkle some slenda on it, and scarf it down

farrar is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    U can make your own oatmeal bars and take them w/you.

For the pwo shake, you'd be better off w/a 60 grams protein, 120 dextrose, or 50 pro, 100 dextrose, not 70 and 70.........just my opinion.

~SC~
    I will take your advice on the post w/o drink.

How do I make the oatmeal bars? What's your recipe?

I will also try the sweet potatoe as well. I could nuke it at work as I have a microwave right in my work area.

Thanks,

Farrar

Thread Information