15nlw is offline Banned

15yrs old - lost 70lb = loose skin - Please Help!!

Hi, I am only 15 yuears old and I have lost 70lb. I worked really hard to get where I am, but now I feel it was all for nothing as I have loose skin around my stomach and on my arms. I thought that when I got to my present size I would be able to where short tops etc.., but I cant because the loose skin makes me look awful!!! I dont know what to do! I've tried sit ups and excercises like that but they dont seem to work! Aswell as this, I am scared to have a tummy tuck and i'm probably too young! Please help me. Any advise would be a big help

IronAdam is offline Member
    Look for some firming skin cream and use it often. Since your young you might have a good chance of having your skin firm up well. My bro lost over 100lbs and worked out like a savage and eventually his arms became tight again and he was only left with a little skin around his waist that he still needs to have adressed surgically.

Just keep working out and try to fill the skin on your arms with muscle and continue to exercise. If your skin is still that bad in a few years and your diet is on track you could look into a tummy tuck. Whatever you do dont feel bad, you worked hard to get where you are and you shouldn't let some loose skin throw you off track. If you can, try to see a dermatologist, he may have a some better answers for you.

cb25 is offline Banned
    First off, congrats on the weight loss - you've done something that many people will never do for themselves!!

As far as the loose skin - here's my advice - i wouldn't look for the tummy tuck just yet - as you said, you're young and have a ways to go yet. My advice would be to keep working out and try to add some muscle. Because you're 15, you're still growing into your body - even if you don't get taller, you'll fill out. You can absolutely just keep working, try to get some more muscle, and over time - the skin will tighten up on it's own.

Good work bro!! Keep at it!

MachZ is offline Member
    At 15 you will probably grow into your skin. You have alot of growing naturally ahead of you and if you add in some weight lifting you shouldn't have any problems but it will take time just hang in there and do your best to keep in shape.

beenie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 15nlw
    Hi, I am only 15 yuears old and I have lost 70lb. I worked really hard to get where I am, but now I feel it was all for nothing as I have loose skin around my stomach and on my arms. I thought that when I got to my present size I would be able to where short tops etc.., but I cant because the loose skin makes me look awful!!! I dont know what to do! I've tried sit ups and excercises like that but they dont seem to work! Aswell as this, I am scared to have a tummy tuck and i'm probably too young! Please help me. Any advise would be a big help
    Since you lost the weight fast it will take tiome to tighten, but it will. Even if you were really old when you lost it, tummy tucks leave a really large scar so for most guys, its not really great. There was a member on this board a couple years back that had one done. He was much older than you and had become really buff except for the lose skin around his lower abs. He had great before and after pics and the scar was really apparent. I'll see if I can find the post and give you the link. It is very educational.

For you, just give it time because you are so young. By the way congratulations on losing 70 lbs. That is really an awesome feat that not many guys accomplish. You have a lot to be proud of.

beenie is offline Senior Member
    I found references to the post and the person who had the tummy tuck, was none other than the Origional Jason (one of the mods). Maybe if we ask him really politely he will repost the pics.

sublang is offline Junior Member
    Congratulations on the weight loss! That shows true dedication to be able to lose that much weight. If you apply that same dedication to putting on muscle mass, you will be a hoss.

How much time did it take you to lose all that weight? How long has it been since you've lost the weight? More than likely, your skin just hasn't had time to compensate for the rapid, excessive weight loss. Give it time and your skin should tighten up.

Elliot is offline Anabolic Member
    great job man.. you still young it'll slowly go away if not you'll grow into it as you gain size.. either way you shouldnt worry it most likely isnt pernament..

Dakota280 is offline New Member
    Hey good job bro. I went from 240 to 165 when I was 16, and I know what your talkin about. But don't sweat it. Start hittin them weights and dieting, build up the muscel and the diet will help ya from gaining unwanted weight back. Since your young your body can really put some muscle on fast, and it'll really fill ya out nicely. I'm 21 now and around 195, the skin around my arms is almost totaly tight, just workin on the little around my belly, which isn't really that bad when ya think about it. You can still have a nice looking six pack, just a little loose and it sure beats the hell out of a keg. The girls love a hard guy too, even if his skins a little loose, they barly notice. Also tanning will help alot with the stretch marks, if you have any.

Good luck and congrats, just remember to start hittin them weights asap and take advatage of your youth.

Thread Information