fugi1 is offline Junior Member

Diet not working

I've been dieting for about three weeks now and i haven't made any real progress. I know i'm doing everything right, getting some good advice from Swole, and everyone else, but it's just not happening. My belly is still bloated, i have just bought some water retention tabs so maybe i hold alot of water weight. I don't bother weighing myself 'cos i don't know whether it's fat i'm losing or muscle. Maybe my daily fat intake is too high (150g) for 190lbs person, but if you have limited amount of carbs i thought you could consume as much good fats as you'd like (burning fat for energy)?

J-F
    J-F is offline Associate Member
    well, are you on a keto diet or moderate carb diet ?
    Post your diet, stats and cardio routine if you want some help..!

MachZ is offline Member
    Are you drinking enough water? To loose excess water retention you need to drink lots and lots of water as well as cut down on salt.

drinking loads. What's the diff between the keto and low carb diet?

J-F
    Keto diet is ckd, that mean 0 carb per day... ( http://www.c-k-d.com/ )

Moderate carb is anywhere from 10% to 35% carb daily intake...

why don't you post your diet ? or at least a typical day... ?

how can u have no 0 carbs a day and train?
    This is what i've eaten today so far:

Pre w/o
    Brk 50g Oatmeal w/water and 4 egg whites

Post w/out
    Lucosade, pro shake and tuna (35g of pro)

3rd meal 2 tins of canned Mackeral and 50g of peanuts (65g of good fats, 55g of pro)

4th meal Broccoli, salmon and salad

couple of meals left to go, fat will come up to 125-150g, protein about 250-270g

non workout days, 20g of carbs max, will come from nuts and veggies

J-F
    dosen't sound that bad at all... maybe caloric is a bit to night,

do not forget that you have to eat less than your maintenance, and you are the only one that really know wath your maintenance is...

with Swole, your diet is in check, that for shure...

maybe there is a lack in your cardio routine or with cheat ?

are cheating more than once a week? what does our cardio routine look like ?
    maybe you should try some supplement, it may kick you out of this plateau...

BTW, how hold are you? any guess on your bodyfat?

J-F

J-F
    maybe caloric is a bit to night,
    lol i guess im still drunk form yesterday, i repeat : * maybe caloric intake is a bit to high

lol

I have been a bit inconsistent with my cardio, sometimes on empty stomach, sometimes twenty min after a workout. But i'm still doing it and surely it's mainly your diet that will lose you weight. I'm just thinking about my daily fat intake, whether it's too high. But on the Atkins diet, you can have as much fat as you like, as long as your carb intake is very low, that's simular to what we're doing, isn't it?
    By the way i'm 27 and i don't know my BF, how can i find out?

J-F
    for Body fat, you have to pass the fat calliper test, ask your gym trainer...

for the daily fat intake is, if you do not eat carb, you NEED do get yours cals form somewere else, two other choice left... protein and fat... your protein intake is good.. (average 1.5g per pound), the other choice is fat, 130g is high but there is no other choice as long as you respect your maintenance - 500...

now it will be good to know if you are loosing wheight on the scale, if not, then maybe reduce caloric intake (by reucing fat). if you loosing whieght but not fat, then... ehhh... cry! lol

You were talking about your belly, remember that the belly is the last place were you loose fat...

it is always hard to focus on a solution when you are not into the situation...thoses are my 2 cents..

J-F

Elliot is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fugi1
    how can u have no 0 carbs a day and train?
    This is what i've eaten today so far:

Pre w/o
    Brk 50g Oatmeal w/water and 4 egg whites

Post w/out
    Lucosade, pro shake and tuna (35g of pro)

3rd meal 2 tins of canned Mackeral and 50g of peanuts (65g of good fats, 55g of pro)

4th meal Broccoli, salmon and salad

couple of meals left to go, fat will come up to 125-150g, protein about 250-270g

non workout days, 20g of carbs max, will come from nuts and veggies

hey you might try doing cardio prior to eating anything that way you'll burn what you have stored instead of what you just ate.... and one more thing i wasnt an a student but how can a substance of 50 grams be devided into two variables of 65 and 55grams wouldnt that make 110 grams? or am i just an idiot?

J-F
    and one more thing i wasnt an a student but how can a substance of 50 grams be devided into two variables of 65 and 55grams wouldnt that make 110 grams? or am i just an idiot?
    he said : 2 tins of canned Mackeral and 50g of peanuts

well i guess your an idiot :P

kidding
    lol

Elliot is offline Anabolic Member
    oh **** i missed the first part..

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    What advice that I gave you are you putting to use? Just wondering cuz I don't see it.

~SC~

you told me to
    1. No carbs and fat together in a one meal
    2. Pre w/out carbs, 2 pwo meals consisting of carbs-one solid and one liquid, then fat/protein for the rest of day
    3. Non training days, get your carbs from veggies
    I remember you said that i should up my fats, but you think i'm going overboard with 150g a day?

Those are only the bare minimum suggestions.

I have no idea what your correct amounts should be, as I have not run your numbers and would need all your info to do so. Your patternization is fine, but if amounts are not case specific to you, it won't work. As well, cardio daily for 40-45 minutes first thing a.m. will be your best friend for the results you desire.

~SC~

yesterday i asked this guy in the gym what his diet is like and he told me low carbs and only moderate amounts of fats. He competes professionally and looks great, i told him i do a low carb/high fat/protein diet and he was suprised. He said it wasn't nescessary to consume alot of fats. That obviously works for him, but i get confused 'cos i thought you needed alot of fats on a low carb diet?

Unless I see stats/numbers for each person, it's all quite vague bro. High to one is low to another, moderate to one is none to another. You get the idea...........

~SC~

what u saying is everyone is different then? So i just need to figure out what will work for me and stick to it. By the way i'm not sure what you mean by stats/numbers

sorry here's my stats:
    5"7, 190lbs, 27yrs old
    BF haven't found out yet, not fat though

Indeed everyone is different. I've never seen two people exactly alike. Closest I've seen to that is in an actual contest w/guys next to me.........however, at that point, we've already dieted. What we did to get there however was completely case specific to each of us.

~SC~

Thread Information