polo is offline New Member

Low/Moderate Carb diet question?

I've noticed that even the people who are very overweight, and go on a low/moderate carb diet, who exercise and weight train, dont have the problem with loose or hanging skin, as oppossed to those who go on a traditional calorie restricted, high carb diet, why is this? I've seen people loose like 80 pounds on a low/moderate carb diet, and end up looking like fitness models, whereas those who go on the high carb/low cal diet end up looking like concentration camp survivors(no disrespect inteended). Anyone have any insight as to why this is?

DARKSEID is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by polo
    I've noticed that even the people who are very overweight, and go on a low/moderate carb diet, who exercise and weight train, dont have the problem with loose or hanging skin, as oppossed to those who go on a traditional calorie restricted, high carb diet, why is this? I've seen people loose like 80 pounds on a low/moderate carb diet, and end up looking like fitness models, whereas those who go on the high carb/low cal diet end up looking like concentration camp survivors(no disrespect inteended). Anyone have any insight as to why this is?
    The saggy skin issue manifests alot due to how fast you lose the weight. Fast weight drops doesn't allow for the skin to reduce itself quickly enough and therefore falls behind and becomes loose.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    These people on high carb reduced caloric diets also lose just as much muscle as they do fat when dieting as such, leading to a most ****ty after appearance.

~SC~

Thread Information