CKD experts help please

Got a question....I need to know what are some good ways of getting 183 grams of fat in one day. Of course you want good fats, but man, thats a lot of fat, espeacially when you can only eat 73 grams of protein. I mean, what....flax oil all the way? There is mayo for tunna. Ummmm. olives in tuna, what about avacado in a salad with oil sald dressing and flax oil?

I just need some good fatty...filling foods for the ckd. I am gonaa follow this to a tee for a month. I am at 11 percent body fat so I don't have much to go. just want to see what happens if I follow this thing perfectly.

Thanks

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Only 73 grams of protein a day?

$hit..........yet another reason I don't like CKD's.

Hope someone can help you who runs these types of programs. Only thing I can think of is utilizing omega 3's, 6', flax oil, etc. Drink up until you reach your fat requirement. Seems like no fun at all to me, definitely not a way to live for very long. Be careful when you resume "normal" eating, a very common problem w/these programs.

~SC~

J-F
    J-F is offline Associate Member
    i don't think that ckd is the best option for you...
    ckd is used when u have a lot of fat to remove, not when you are low BF and ure trying to shred the last 4-5 pounds..

only the idea off consumming only 73 g protein while weight training scare me alot...

my two cents...

J-F

MachZ is offline Member
    Have the EFA's but on CKD you can also have bacon,real mayo(not mw) heavy cream and cream cheese (yuk).
    Throw these things in the mix and you will have the required fats your looking for.
    It doesn't really matter what fat they are, sure get your EFA's but eating high fats are the key to staying in ketosis and burning stored bf.
    I agree with J-F, this diet shouldn't be used to loose a couple of pounds but if you have 20+ to loose it works well while preserving most of muscle you have now due to the weekend carb ups.

Quote Originally Posted by J-F
    i don't think that ckd is the best option for you...
    ckd is used when u have a lot of fat to remove, not when you are low BF and ure trying to shred the last 4-5 pounds..

only the idea off consumming only 73 g protein while weight training scare me alot...

my two cents...

J-F
    Well, my weight training for one month is going to be light weight, high reps, 25-30 seconds between sets.

Swole....straight up bro....I would like to have your services, but right now am in a point in my life where I just can't spend on stuff like that. One day though, I'll be contacting you....shoot by then I'll probaly have it figured out, but it will be interesting to get one of your programs and compare it to all my notes and see just how far off I was was....or how close.

Anyways...so I have taken before pics. I am going to spend all week getting the ckd planned out, and then after, I will post the before and after pics. How do you do that anyway?

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    All good bro , I wasn't implying you come see me. I, like the others, just realized that for your current state and goals, that type of program is not really ideal.

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    All good bro , I wasn't implying you come see me. I, like the others, just realized that for your current state and goals, that type of program is not really ideal.

~SC~
    Right on bro! I re-read my reply above and realized it looked like I was implying that you were implying I get your services. Not at all bro.....It just seems like every time I post, on nutrition, you reply....which is very nice of you....I appreciate it. I was just trying to be respectful and let ya know that I WOULD LIKE to have your services.

Anyways....back to the ckd thing. I will not be training heavy in the gym while on the ckd, I need a break from lifting heavy. I am worn out, I can tell. So the low protein doesn't bother me that much. 73 grams is only the first day, it goes up to 160 grams of pro. by the 6th day. I figured this would be a great chance to cut up a little more, high reps 30 second breaks and then straight to cardio.....all on an empty stomach (or a small protien shake and hour before). Only for a month...month in a half tops. I have never done a full fledge ckd (not like I am going to do it this time....to a tee) and would like to give it a try. I like to try stuff at least once. After all, its not a race, its a marathon...right! Trial and error, its just somthing I got to do.

So....with that said, I got another question. I like to eat green beans. Here is the thing, they have cals and carbs, but the carbs don't count in the ckd....but the cals count twoard the total cals, so where do I take the cals from? See what I am saying?

Thread Information