Thread: Sugar & diet?

ShYnE[sK] is offline New Member

Sugar & diet?

Hi i was wondering is taking sugar while dieting bad?
    i only take about 4 tea spoons a day, so i figure it can't hurt at all
    is there some standard on how much one can take a day? while dieting that is...

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Sugar is not good while dieting to lose FAT, no.

Post-workout, dextrose is a very good idea w/isolate, but at all other times sugar is considered a no no. With Splenda available all over, there is no need to use real sugar.

~SC~

MachZ is offline Member
    No sugar would be better when your dieting.
    Sugar spikes insulin which in turn takes whatever carbs you have in your system and stores it into fat. I believe you want to loose fat hence the reason your on a diet.
    Use a sugar replacement instead like splenda.

MachZ is offline Member
    Swole beat me to the punch bro. Take swoles advice as he knows his chit.

~sc~

thx guys, I sure will do that only 1 problem left, I also add it to my, i beleive in english its oatmeal(porridge), but i dont think i can add those sugar replasers there also now can I?

also do you take the oatmeal(porridge) at breakfast? if so how do you combine it with the intake of whey proteine, which can't be combined with milk.
    Last edited by ShYnE[sK]; 01-04-2004 at 01:19 PM.

Elliot is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ShYnE[sK]
    thx guys, I sure will do that only 1 problem left, I also add it to my, i beleive in english its oatmeal(porridge), but i dont think i can add those sugar replasers there also now can I?

also do you take the oatmeal(porridge) at breakfast? if so how do you combine it with the intake of whey proteine, which can't be combined with milk.

yeah oatmeal is a great choice of breakfest.. why would you put whey in your porrige? why not have some real food.. eggs, bacon, ham, susage, mmm my mouth waters when i think about the posabilites.. if i was you i would hold of the shake till later in the day or at lease till the next meal.. just my $.02

beenie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Post-workout, dextrose is a very good idea w/isolate, but at all other times sugar is considered a no no.
    ~SC~
    This may sound naive but I need you or someone please explain why dextrose would be treated any differently by your system than sucrose. Either would replenish glycogen levels. One is sugar derived from sugar beet or sugar cane and the otrher is sugar derived from potato. Why is potato sugar okay, but not beet or cane sugar?

Dextrose is corn sugar. It's the insulin response it elicits that is a welcomed addition after a workout.

~SC~

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    Quote Originally Posted by ShYnE[sK]

I use splenda on my oatmeal all the time. You can buy it at the grocery store in little packets. I usually by a box of 100 and use one packet on a servicng of oatmeal.

thanks you guys!

appreciate it

Thread Information