hoss827 is offline Banned

Need diet help for cutting...Bump for SC

Hey guys, first year of serious training. I've added alot of good mass. Went from 140 to 180 this year, diet was everything that got me there. I've wondered about what kind of a cutting diet I should get though....Let me put it this way, I know absolutely nothing about cutting. Only that i need to increase my reps from 10-12, and hit cardio hard. Can someone please help me out with a diet please/? Thanks bros,

-Hoss

Elliot is offline Anabolic Member
    hossy poo..

first cardio first thing is cardio first thing in the morning with nothing being ate.. 35-45 minutes at 65% heart rate. eat about every 1.5-3.0 hours depending on hunger. your first meal post cardio should have some sort of carbs (oatmeal is perfect) and protine try not to mix carbs and fats. then over the course of the day eat protine and fats, and for a lunch meal you might want to add some green veggies (no corn/carrots)... then for your post workout shake use isolate/dextrose/r-ala/biotin about 30 minutes after your work out sooner if you can.. besides that have two solid post work out meals... the thing with reps isnt really as serious as youthink.. i would stay doing the same thing as you are doing right now.. two things i just want to emphesize are am cardio on an empty stomach and hunger.. if you begin to feel hungry just grab a chicken thigh or some almonds... try not to ever feel hungry, but also never full.. another thing if you can you should use flax/fish oil in your post cardio/work out meal/shake.. i think i covered most thing if im wrong please correct me cause this is what im doing as we spaek..

rambo is offline The Lord God
    Why don't you check some of the educational threads.

usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member
    Hi, welcome to AR! Would you like a large fries with your McCycle?

Sorry bro you can't order diets as if there on a menu. You should read up on some past threads first as Rambo said. Diets are not "a one size fit all" thing. You need to find what works for you.

BullDogg20 is offline Member
    I think he is looking for some ideas, not a complete diet.
    i agree with What ElliotNess said.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Additionally, the old adage of "increasing reps" while cutting, is a farse. Continue to lift as heavy as you can, or else you're talking shrinkage muscularly.

~SC~

Brazy is offline Junior Member
    first cardio first thing is cardio first thing in the morning with nothing being ate

how is that effective.. after sleeping and fasting for 6-8 hrs. your body is in a catabolic state

Quote Originally Posted by Brazy
    first cardio first thing is cardio first thing in the morning with nothing being ate

how is that effective.. after sleeping and fasting for 6-8 hrs. your body is in a catabolic state
    Sorry bro, not only did I not understand your question/suggestion/whatever, I'm not going to go over the a.m. cardio thing all over again. I'd suggest you do a search and read. Better yet, visit my forums to read about the two diff. types of cardio, and how a.m. is NOT catabolic provided YOU know how to eat correctly to stave off catabolism.

If cardio a.m. were catabolic, I'd be a skinny b*tch...........as well, so would my 100's of clients, and that is NOT the case. Pretty hard to argue w/my track record.

~SC~

hoss827 is offline Banned
    Thanks for the ideas guys...So SC, you're saying I should stick with 6-8 rep range even while cutting?

Quote Originally Posted by ElliotNess
    the thing with reps isnt really as serious as youthink.. i would stay doing the same thing as you are doing right now..

why dose everyone ignore me.... ?

why dose everyone ignore me.... ?
    Don't worry, this kid is just a tool. Some people only want to hear what they want to hear.

Brazy is offline Junior Member
    swole.. this is a quote from http://www.ast-ss.com/dev/qa_search/full_text.asp?ID=62

This certainly does not mean you shouldn't do cardio in the morning, but never do morning cardio on an empty stomach. This is a guaranteed way to lose lean muscle.

You see, when you wake up in the morning you are entering or you are already in a catabolic state. A serious catabolic state. You're losing muscle. Your priority at this time is to supply your muscles a fast acting nitrogen source to halt the catabolism and ignite anabolism - muscle growth. When you wake up you have just endured a 6, 8, or 10 hour fasting. Your muscle have had no nutrients, no protein over an extended amount of time. The last thing you want to do is enter an intense cardio session under this catabolic condition. Like I said, this is a guaranteed way to lose lean muscle.

Brazy- We know this. Key word in your quote was "intense". Cardio during cutting phases aren't intense cardio workouts. Don't forget the ability of glutamine to prevent catabolism. It is during this time as well that your body can burn more fat. The body turns to fat before it turns to muscle. If my physiology sounds incorrect, let me know.

hossy poo..

first cardio first thing is cardio first thing in the morning with nothing being ate.. 35-45 minutes at 65% heart rate...

i guess no one really reads my post :shurg:

HAHAHAH, LMFAO!!! YEAH BELIEVE ALL YOU READ BRO.

Are you really a sucker bruh? You gonna go and buy their "morning muscle builder" too because you think that's the only thing to stop catabolism? If so, time to wake the phuck up.

I believe myself and 1000's I've assisted can debunk your quoted article. I take real life experience and examples/voices anyday.

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by Brazy
    swole.. this is a quote from http://www.ast-ss.com/dev/qa_search/full_text.asp?ID=62

This certainly does not mean you shouldn't do cardio in the morning, but never do morning cardio on an empty stomach. This is a guaranteed way to lose lean muscle.

You see, when you wake up in the morning you are entering or you are already in a catabolic state. A serious catabolic state. You're losing muscle. Your priority at this time is to supply your muscles a fast acting nitrogen source to halt the catabolism and ignite anabolism - muscle growth. When you wake up you have just endured a 6, 8, or 10 hour fasting. Your muscle have had no nutrients, no protein over an extended amount of time. The last thing you want to do is enter an intense cardio session under this catabolic condition. Like I said, this is a guaranteed way to lose lean muscle.
    Last edited by SwoleCat; 01-05-2004 at 10:23 PM.

Thread Information