IronCy is offline Senior Member

Gotta eat out, where to go?

I am required to travel for work...during these periods, I am forced to eat in restuarants/fast food joints on a daily basis....basically blows the diet out of the water.....just wonder what other members, who have to travel do to get by? hell, I would like to hear from everyone....what are the places that people prefer when on the run? what do you order from these places?
    Basically, brake down the lesser of the evils of fast food/resturants.
    ---hopin swole will chime in...even though fast food isnt in his vocabulary
    thanks
    -Cy

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Dependent on what type of diet you are utilizing, you can literally eat anywhere. Many places do the low carb menu now, so if that is your diet of choice, you can find many of these places. If there are no "special menus or locations", u can always create your own......I.E., get chicken and veggies somewhere (fats too so use ranch), steak and veggies (my fav), or a burger or two, ditch the bun and a diet soda, etc. If you know the meals you need, you can find them. I always pack protein powder and flaxseed oil in a cooler when I travel, I'm never w/out sound supplementation. In what I do I can't be, it'd be foolish. If you know where you are traveling in advance, you can always feel the place out before by researching dining availability in that particular area.

~SC~

IronCy is offline Senior Member
    Well, I had been trying to eat at subway--for their so-called "great" sandwiches, but I read another post calling them tubway....I always get the turkey breast/ham sub......that is want prompted this post.....Im really new to watching what I eat, my metabolism is now starting to slow down, so I have been packing on the lbs around the midsection....so Im basically not dieting, just trying to make better choices. I am consistent with my weight training, but now have to look at things such as what i eat, when I do cardio, etc...thanks for the quick reply sc, I was hoping to hear from you...you will prob get some pm's from me. Thanks

-Cy

anyone else>>????

DARKSEID is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IronCy
    Well, I had been trying to eat at subway--for their so-called "great" sandwiches, but I read another post calling them tubway....I always get the turkey breast/ham sub......that is want prompted this post.....Im really new to watching what I eat, my metabolism is now starting to slow down, so I have been packing on the lbs around the midsection....so Im basically not dieting, just trying to make better choices. I am consistent with my weight training, but now have to look at things such as what i eat, when I do cardio, etc...thanks for the quick reply sc, I was hoping to hear from you...you will prob get some pm's from me. Thanks

-Cy

anyone else>>????
    I eat at all the regular places, applebees, chilis, fridays, but I just customize the plate, they let you swap out stuff.

rambo is offline The Lord God
    Try and just get a lean or grilled cut of chicken or steak, ditch the processed breads, add boiled veggies. If you want subway, go for one of their salads instead. The chicken breast salad is a good deal, for what it is. They also have the Atkins menu there now, but that's still not as healthy as it sounds. Pretty much every restaurant around has grilled meats and veggies, so you should be OK.

J-F
    J-F is offline Associate Member
    why don't you pass by a grocery store, buy some great food and eat in the car, or outside in summer... that is wath i do...

i also bring protein powder and a couple of empty bottle...

J-F

Thread Information