docflock is offline New Member

Question not enough appetite

I'm 24. 175 lbs. 15% body fat. Just started a bulk cycle of sust, deca , dbol . (sust @500 mg, deca@200 mg, dbol at 40 mg/day). Anyways, I am desperately trying to put down 4000 calories/day by eating my normal clean meals, but more of them. No luck. After the 6th meal, I'm not hungry anymore.

My typical diet pre cycle consisted of 8 egg whites, oatmeal, 8 oz of Orange juice for breakfast, a PWO shake of 40 g whey plus 12 oz of orange juice and flax. The other 3 or 4 meals were 1 cup of brown rice, 1/2 cup of black beans, 0 % fat cheese and 6-8 oz of turkey. (I call the last meal "gruel")

Now that I am in week 1 of my cycle, there hasn't been much of an increase in appetite. I made a few minor adjustments. I added 2 yolks to my breakfast, extra orange juice. I added american cheese to "gruel". I started eating a slice of pizza post workout with my shake. At the end of the 6th meal I cant eat anymore. The last few days I have been eating junk food in hopes to kickstart my anabolism. I have had white castle 3 days in a row (never eat that garbage before) and have had a few donuts here and there.

Anybody have any advice to get me on the right track?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails not enough appetite-tryme.jpg  

BullDogg20 is offline Member
    make your meals a bit smaller if you have to so you can fit that 6th meal in, you could even add a 7th (snack) if you make them smaller.

rambo is offline The Lord God
    You are eating PIZZA POST WORKOUT?!?! That is probably the worst thing you could take down immediately after a workout except for flax...which you are ALSO putting down with 12 oz of ORANGE JUICE? Look, you don't want to be taking in fat after a workout, you need carbs, not in the form of fruit juice, which replenishes glycogen stores in the liver, not the muscles. Ditch all the crappy food, and start making non-"gruel" meals. Spice things up a bit, but first and absolutely foremost, read up on some basic principles regarding nutrition, you are shooting yourself in the foot...

rambo is offline The Lord God
    Quote Originally Posted by docflock
    The last few days I have been eating junk food in hopes to kickstart my anabolism.
    Wow, I hadn't caught that one. That makes absolutely NO sense at all. Even if you had intended to say "metabolism", it remains nonsensical. It's not a moped, you can't "kickstart" it. Read up on the educational threads involving bulking diets, it'll help clear up a lot of things.

Mr. Death is offline Senior Member
    I second everything rambo said. Also, are you sure that you even need 4000 calories to put on weight? Have you experimented with different caloric totals to determine your maintenance level? I am 6'3", 245 lbs. and when I bulk I only take in around 3500 calories a day and I pack on the pounds.

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    You are taking in WAY TOO MUCH fatty greasy foods. Pizza with its cheese and dohnuts with all of its lard. Why not just eat a tablespoon of crisco for your 6th meal. Dont consider juice as part of your caloric intake.

Trying to increase your caloric intake X2 in just one week will NOT work. You cant go from 2000 to 4000 calories in 5 days.
    Also, sad to say but you might lose more appetite from the dbol .

Buy some injectable B12. It increases your appetite.
    Another suggestion is yogurt. Sometimes your body forces you not to eat because you have so much slop in your stomache. Yogurt helps clean out your digestive system. Just a suggestion but you really do have a lot to learn as far as diet goes.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    DITTO on all the above. Great advice guys.......

~SC~

madmanz is offline Junior Member
    i have the same problem getting to 4500 per day
    i added some nuts during the day about 170cals and i added a protein shake with 1% for another 300. when bulking i have 1% milk with my shakes and water when not bulking. not easy eating that many cals without eating crappy foods. i try not to go more than 2hours without eating something.

docflock is offline New Member
    Alright guys. I definitely have a little research to do. The good news is that I couldn't do much damage to myself in only 4 days. Thanks

DARKSEID is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Death
    I second everything rambo said. Also, are you sure that you even need 4000 calories to put on weight? Have you experimented with different caloric totals to determine your maintenance level? I am 6'3", 245 lbs. and when I bulk I only take in around 3500 calories a day and I pack on the pounds.
    3,500 that must be nice.

Did I miss something here, he says he's not hungry after his 6th meal. Isn't that enough meals for one day?

usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member
    What are your goals? If your goals are to get as lean and thick as possible without adding much fat...then all your calories need to be clean. End of story.

If weight gain is your only concern and you can care less about your bodyfat then eat whatever you like including fast food 3x's a day.

But for the love of god please dont make the mistake of thinking you can eat whatever since your running gear and still put on a solid 15lbs of muscle and stay at/around 15% bf. If you can...consider yourself extremely lucky.
    Peace bro,

~US~

Thread Information