eggplant is offline Member

tricky questions?

guys..lets say i'm taking in 2g of protein per pound of bodyweight during a bulking phase,and when i start on a diet..i take in 1.5g per pound of bodyweight,is it possible that i'll be losing muscle as well? provided i up my efa's at the same time? or is it advised to stay at 2g like when on a bulking phase? and i've seen a thread saying that its not gd to combine fats and carbs. because of insulin spike,the fats will be stored as bf..correct me if i'm wrong?
    but why do some thread say PWO= dextrose,whey,flax?? dextrose is a carb..and flax is fat...can someone enlighten me?

bulkolly is offline New Member
    It is possible to loose muscle if you eat too much protein, no carbs and not enough fat. In this state, the body starts to rely on protein as primary energy source, no matter if this protein comes from food or muscle tissue (unfortunately I had to find this out first hand when on a 70% protein, 30% fat diet. 30% protein, 70 % fat would have been ideal for sparing muscle and loosing fat.).
    Personally I would not add flax to the PWO shake, as it will slow the absorprion of whey and dextrose and may be stored as fat because of the dextrose induced insulin spike.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    The only time I hear/see flax oil in a PWO shake is from someone who has no idea what the fiznuck he/she is talking about. It's a most idiotic practice.

~SC~

decadbal is offline Banned
    swole is right, you should find a good ratio of protein per lb of BW, and when you diet, you should eat a small amount more each day, not a lot, but some more than when you bulk, bc you dont wanna lose any muscle.imo

eggplant is offline Member
    oic...understood...tnx guys...

Thread Information