4plates is offline Banned

too much protien

ok say i just ate 2 cans of tuna =75 g protien
    and a 50 g whey protien shake
    for lunch,thats 125 g of protien in 1 sitting.is this to much for the body to break down and not be benificial?

if i weigh 170 lbs and get 2x bdy weight of protien,thats 340 g protien daily,correct?

is it toomuch protien daily if i did this 3x a day along with my regular meals (breakfast,lunch,dinner)if say my regular meals consisted of this;

breakfast 2 eggs,bacon,sausage,cheese on a roll OR 2 buttered bagels

lunch 12 oz (3/4 lb) of roastbeef,turkey,or ham on roll with cheese,letuce,tomato,mayo.

dinner 2 chicken breasts,pile of potatoes,and some veggies.

being that my tuna and shakes 3x a day =340 g protien,would any extra be waisted?

bravo11p is offline Associate Member

protein

Though this is a subject of much debate, IMO roughly 50g of protein per sitting is enough. After that it's pretty much wasted but you will get differing opinions. A lot depends on metabolism, weather or not you are on a cycle, etc. Plus, too much protein will be stored as fat. But again, this is my opinion. But to make sure you get the most absorption, a whey shake is the whey to go.

PaPaPumP is offline Retired Moderator
    Good words bravo, and yes 4p that is too much in a sitting. I mean, it wont kill you, but it really isnt needed. Have some oats or rice, stick with the two cans of tuna, which are by the way roughly 25-30 a can, so you're getting 50-60 per sitting.

Just eat more often. And keep the cals up.

ravaz is offline Associate Member
    Can I just ask how you get 75 g of protein out of 2 cans of tuna? How big are your cans? What brand? Usually I read on the label, 13 grams of protein in 2 oz of tuna. Just curious.

silverfox is offline Retired Moderator

Protien

I believe your body, over time can use large amounts of protien in one sitting, 50-100g. Having said that, you may want to spead some of those big meals out into smaller ones, and each every 2H or so. Looks like your eating 3-4x per day, bump that up to 6-8.

Originally posted by ravaz
    Can I just ask how you get 75 g of protein out of 2 cans of tuna? How big are your cans? What brand? Usually I read on the label, 13 grams of protein in 2 oz of tuna. Just curious.
    on your standard size of bumble bee tuna it says 15g of protien per serving,it says each can has 2.5 servings =37.5 per can x 2 cans=75 g per can

maybe im wrong but this is how i calculated it.anyone know if im wrong?

ravaz is offline Associate Member
    Hmm, your prolly right about the servings, I didn't condiser that. I'll have to check my cans when I get home. All I remember is something about 2.something ounces, I can't remember off the top of my head. I think it was Bumble Bee or Star... whatever the brand is. Thanks bro.

Frank Castle is offline New Member
    13 grams per serving 2.5 servings in a can. 32.5 grams of protein. That is about all brands

Mighty Joe is offline Anabolic Member
    Hey 4plates,

Who is that in your Avatar?

Is he the dude that is in the WSM competitions?

MJ

Originally posted by Mighty Joe
    Hey 4plates,

Who is that in your Avatar?

Is he the dude that is in the WSM competitions?

MJ
    yes 2nd place in wsm comp,magnas van magnason,beaten by svend karlsen

wannabe is offline Junior Member

nice

avatar man. lol. hey just to let you know the best timew to overload yourt protien is breakfast. number one you just slept 7 hours and your body can use the ovewrabundance of it. next spread your protien intake evenly throughout the day remembering for a good carb intake before your workouts. i also hope you are spreading your meals to seven through the day because your body needs refueling between every hour and a half to every two hours. my breakfast gives me around 121 grams of protien and 90 per sitting after that but i weigh 270 and need more protein than god and it's a pain in the ass so if you think it's a pain at 170 just wait my brother till you start gaining like a mother and hvae to double the intake. well goodluck man i expect you to be 200 by december so eat eat eat.

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    Most swedish tuna cans holds 37g/protein per can(150g tuna in every can), but they cost almost 1$/can :-((

PaPaPumP is offline Retired Moderator
    Originally posted by Frank Castle
    13 grams per serving 2.5 servings in a can. 32.5 grams of protein. That is about all brands
    Ya, but have you ever weighed that shit?? There's 4 ounces in that can if you're lucky. . .remember, it's sitting in "spring water"...looks more like sewage water to me. (I didn't say "tastes like sewage water for a reason, because somebody would come on be all 4th grade style and be all "What, have you eaten sewage water?" )

Are you guys saying that even on a cutting cycle you should eat 7 meals a day?? Since I started this cutting cycle I cut back to 4 short meals a day...

weightsbeforedates is offline Junior Member
    Originally posted by Fast Results
    Are you guys saying that even on a cutting cycle you should eat 7 meals a day?? Since I started this cutting cycle I cut back to 4 short meals a day...
    The importance of eating small frequent meals throughout the day is to keep your body from reachine a catabolic state which then your body will deplete your lean mass. So yes, watch your carbs and bump the cardio. My opinion though.

lil_josh is offline Junior Member
    you need to spread your meals out more

Tobey is offline Retired IRON CHEF Mod

Re: protein

Originally posted by bravo11p
    Though this is a subject of much debate, IMO roughly 50g of protein per sitting is enough. After that it's pretty much wasted but you will get differing opinions. A lot depends on metabolism, weather or not you are on a cycle, etc. Plus, too much protein will be stored as fat. But again, this is my opinion. But to make sure you get the most absorption, a whey shake is the whey to go.

Listen to bravo11 on this one bro. While on a cycle you may be able to bump up the protien alot however for the average guy who is natural this is wayyyy to much protien. Not only is there a very good chance of the excess converting to fat but this is putting a terriable starin on your kidneys. If you question this just have a doctor do a urinalsis. With the excess protiebn in your urine it will appear that your kidneys have all but shut completey down. That's what happened to me ubntil I explained about my current diet.
    IC

Thread Information