hoss827 is offline Banned

Got a serious problem...Someone please help.

I only have enough time to eat 5-6 times a day, rather then my 6-7...But I hear your body can only use 40-45 grams of protein at one time, and the rest just is useless and could convert to fat...If i could eat about 60-70 per meal, or maybe just a few meals I could easily get all my needed protein in...Is the 40-45 grams just a spoof, or is it true?

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    I have no idea where these assumptions are created.

A 150 lb geek won't need as much as a 275 lb. monster, so there is never 1 set amount!!!!

You can also eat 6-7 times a day easy, u just have to plan. If it's important to you, you'll get it done.

~SC~

usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member
    Lol Unless you wear an orange outfit to work and your boyfriend's name is Bubba then there is no excuse not to eat 6-7 meals a day.

We're not letting you slide on this one Hoss
    ~US~

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    There's always time to add in a quick meal, ya just have to plan and prepare. As for a set amount of protein.... no such thing. Everyone is different and so are the amounts your body can use.

Nice to see you Big Texan!

~SC~

DARKSEID is offline Senior Member
    [QUOTE=SwoleCat]I have no idea where these assumptions are created.

A 150 lb geek won't need as much as a 275 lb. monster, so there is never 1 set amount!!!!

Glad to see someone with credentials finally put this bullsh*t myth to rest. Too many people read outdated material, claiming 30-40g every 3 hours and no more.

Yeah, and it's only common sense that the more muscle mass you have, the more protein you can utilize........over the course of time AND per serving, as the nutrients DO have more places they can go and be stored, not excreted.

~SC~

Elliot is offline Anabolic Member
    i used to eat chicken out of tupawear in class.. people looked at me like im crazy but wtf do they know?

Quote Originally Posted by ElliotNess
    i used to eat chicken out of tupawear in class.. people looked at me like im crazy but wtf do they know?
    Last year i ordered a pizza for class hehe! The teacher was like "ARE YOU EATING PIZZA IN MY CLASS?!?!?!" and i was like..."yeah...i'm hungry. Want some?"

Elliot is offline Anabolic Member
    lol see if you did something liek that in a nyc school they would hang you by your balls..

Sheek is offline Junior Member
    "A 150 lb geek won't need as much as a 275 lb. monster, so there is never 1 set amount!!!! "

This is true but why does the 150 lb guy have to be a geek? Why can't he be cool for ONCE. j/k

mfenske is offline Member
    Some years ago there were two incredible inventions: 1. Protein Powder 2. MRP's. Toss a few of these already emptied in to a shaker, add water and you got a meal. I am sure you have time for that. Hell you could keep them in your backpack. You can do it Hoss. BTW I wish I had half the knowledge at your age that you do. I wouldn't be 25 and only 235. Seriously though, keep eating right and kicking butt in the gym and you truly will be a hoss. Mark

Quote Originally Posted by mfenske
    Some years ago there were two incredible inventions: 1. Protein Powder 2. MRP's. Toss a few of these already emptied in to a shaker, add water and you got a meal. I am sure you have time for that. Hell you could keep them in your backpack. You can do it Hoss. BTW I wish I had half the knowledge at your age that you do. I wouldn't be 25 and only 235. Seriously though, keep eating right and kicking butt in the gym and you truly will be a hoss. Mark
    Thanks bro, i've learned alot on AR since last year, all the great bros and everything. I can get my protein value in, I was just curious as to if I was just gaining fat by eating too much. THanks again everyone!!

mfenske is offline Member
    Hoss, how many calories are you taking in a day? If you are training regularly with adequate intensity and doing fairly regular cardio at your age I wouldn't worry about getting fat unless your taking in more than like 3000 cals a day. Mark

Klossus is offline Associate Member
    how many cals would your recomend for a 185lb guy trying to put on some weight, say to get to 200lbs?

Thread Information