Thread: My revised diet

Dakota280 is offline New Member

My revised diet

I'm 21/m, 5'9", 195, 13-14%bf. My goal is 8% bf, staying around 185-190lbs.

Training-
    4xweek cardio 30-40mins around 20 mins after I wake up ( gonna raise this to 5-6xweek)
    3to5xweek lifting, depending on goals for the week
    3xweek abs, 3sets20 upper abs, 3 setsx20 lower, 3x20 sets sides(think their called oblics?)

cardio first
    Meal 1:
    4 egg whites, 2 whole eggs
    Protein drink (22g's protein, 2g's carb)
    Flax oil
    olive oil

Meal 2:
    1 5oz lean steak
    1 cup frozen broccoli

meal 3:
    1 can tuna w/tsp light mayo
    1 fruit
    1 cup oatmeal

Workout

meal 4, right after workout:
    2 scoops protein (44g's protein, 4g's carb)
    80g's dextrose

Meal 5, 1.5 hours later:
    1 chicken breast
    1 cup brown rice

Meal 6:
    1 can tuna w/light mayo
    I cup frozen green beans

Meal 7:
    Protein shake, same as above
    Flax oil

Sleep

this will be switched up accordingly to what time I hit the gym of couse and off days I'll cut the rice and oatmeal. Thinking of upping the tuna to two cans, but I have a hard time choaking down one.

I am not taking any suppliments, not too sure what to take.

Think this diet will help me achieve my goals?
    All advice greatly appreciated
    Last edited by Dakota280; 12-20-2003 at 09:14 PM.

Sheek is offline Junior Member
    I wouldnt mess around with that light mayo **** (full of sugar) , see if you can find real mayo, with NO carbs. Other then that it looks preety good. As for goals, its hard to say. Just do the diet till you reach your goals (might take a couple of months). Also cut the fruit out of meal 3. For protien keep it around 2 grams per LBM.

usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member
    looks good but I'd drop the mayo and flax from meals 6,7 and split the cals up bet/ the first 3 meals. And how many grams of protein are taking in? I would make sure to get in around 400 grams if your natural.

I thought flax oil slows down digestion, which would be good with protein while you sleep.
    I am also curious if 300g's protein would be sufficent.
    Other then that thanks for the other advice, i've been fixing up a little of the diet and adding a few more hard boiled eggs througout the day, I am also adding some almonds which should bring up the fats to around 50 g's.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Fats before bed are a great idea, in the correct amounts w/protein, and darn near 0 carbs.

~SC~

Would the two can's of tuna be consuming too much sodium for the day? also wondering if too many egg's are bad for you throughout the day, the whole cholesteral thing.

Sheek is offline Junior Member
    Try to eat less yokes and more egg whites. All the Cholesterol is in the Yoke not the white.

would it be better to cut the carbs berfore the workout and add them to my ppwo dinner? or do you need the carbs for energy at the gym?
    Also what's some ppl's views on abs, do in the morn during your cardio or add them in with your workout as I do?

usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakota280
    Would the two can's of tuna be consuming too much sodium for the day? also wondering if too many egg's are bad for you throughout the day, the whole cholesteral thing.
    Only if you have a serious medical cholesterol problem. Other than that, I'd say don't hold back. That whole cholesterol egg scare never had any real merit anyways. Just a case of the medical community talking outta their asses when it comes to nutrition.

I've showed my diet to a few guys at the gym and their all ass-hole's who say it sucks, what's the deal. Has anyone ever tried a diet simialer. Do you think it's a waste of time to try? Maybe look for somethin else before I start it?

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    If they are all assholes, why do you care what they say?

Better yet, have them put together a sample daily plan, place it here, and I bet you I'll drill holes all through that ****.

~SC~

northendninja is offline Junior Member
    im planning on starting a VERY similar diet starting monday (5th), except i dont eat tuna, any suggestions what can be used instead? perhaps fat free cottage cheese? also I have added a handful of almonds before bed, otherwise my diet is the same. I also was wondering what is the peak time for abs? I am not going the natural route and will be taking 50ml winstrol and 100ml test prop everday. Current stats 6ft 195lbs, bout 15%BF. Im really excited to see the results of this diet along with the boost from the juice, this is my first cutting cycle/diet.

Been on my diet for about a week now. Haven't been hurtin too much in the gym, but it seems hard without the carbs, lost exactally three pounds too!! Just wondering if everyone feels kinda drained on this kinda diet, ya know weak feeling during the day?

Thread Information