eggplant is offline Member

muscle maturity?

guys i was suppose to start my diet this week..to prepare for my first bb show in april..but its now postponed to july..which means i will have more time to prepare myself..i have a plan..that is too..go as i had planned..start my diet this week..for 2 to 3 weeks..see how my body reacts(this is my first time dieting)and shed a liitle bf..then bulk up again till april. i will be trying for the juniors below 70kg..i'm now at 75..but my frens said i look 80plus..so i suppose its a good sign..i wana go in big and ripped..so i guess by shedding a few pounds and bulking up again gives my muscle that "matured vascular" look when i diet for the second time for the comp again..and at the same time by then i would know more about my body and my diet would be more successful. and i suppose i will have lesser bf to shed during my second diet..so i'll retain more muscle mass..logical?

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Age = muscle maturity.

~SC~

saboudian is offline Senior Member
    It sounds like you need direction, find someone in RL who has competed before to help you prepare, you will regret it if you do it alone.

BTW your post really doesn't have anything to do with muscle maturity, but I've toyed around with the idea that you're talking about before. If I were you, and this is your first comp, I would just diet down to comp BF. This is gonna be alot tougher and take longer than you planned because this is your first comp and there are gonna be plenty of curveballs. And I would say once you get down to that comp BF, and if you're like 6 weeks out still, I would probably take two weeks where i raise the calories a bit to let my body recover, and if my body was in a negative nitrogen balance, this would hopefully shift it into a positive balance, so hopefully down the final stretch you don't lose any more muscle. During these 2 weeks, one might even be lucky enough to take advantage of muscle memory and gain back some of the muscle you lost just recently.

Plus this 2 week break would refresh you for the final stretch and ease the stress of dieting so you can crank down on your diet and pull things together for the final stretch. And being that you were already at comp BF before the 2 week break, you would already know how to get back to that comp BF after the 2 week break was over.

I'm just tossing ideas around. I've thought about doing something like dieting for 3 weeks, then 1 week off (just raise the calories a bit) once the dieting gets tough because I can usually get to around 8% BF or so without too much stress on my body and hence lil muscle loss.

Anyways, like I said earlier, your first concern should be getting to comp BF, and after that decide if you have enough time left to screw around with other ideas.

hey man ..dats gd info and advices..i will bulk up til jan..den start dieting like what u adviced..hopefully i can be able to successfully get down to comp bf..once again tnx bro

erm i got one more question for u..as i drop my carbs..lets say i start to drop weight by intaking 15og per day..do i stay at the same amount of carbs till i plateau? and start to decrease some more carbs to break through the plateau? and the meaning of cheat day ..is it compulsory? what if i can be able to endure the stress of dieting? is cheat meal compulsory? hope u understand what i'm tokin about bro..

Well when you plateau, something has to change. Either Diet or cardio, and how you change it is gonna make or break you.You're gonna make mistakes, but you just have to learn why they happened and eventually you'll get a very complete understanding of your body and the best way to diet. The best thing you can do is just keep an open mind, especially your first time.

I know you want specific advice, but giving diet advice is nearly impossible online.

oh ok..ya i'll keep an open mind..i guess thats the best advice one can give online ...i appreciated ur help sab..

Thread Information