KeyMastur is offline VET

anyone eat the fat free / sugar free ice cream ??

i bought some Dreyer's chocolate swirl / vanilla mix and it's not that bad. my main reason for buying it was to make my PW (post workout) shake with since water & weight gainer is getting kind of old.

per 1/2 cup :

100 calories
    20 carbs
    6 dietary fiber
    4 sugars
    4 sugar alcohol
    4 protein

this is what i don't get. it says sugar free yet it's got 4 g sugars in it ??

this stuff :

http://www.dreyers.com/brand/bfy/fla...p?b=116&f=2122

is this stuff all that bad for you ?? i know it's way better than regular ice cream. doesn't even taste all that bad by itself either.

although i added 2 scoops of met-rx whey protein and 1 - 1.5 cups skim milk to make a milkshake with. tasty.

Brazy is offline Junior Member
    ice cream is ice creame.

if you wish to hinder your end result you wish to become, indulge

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Ice cream is not "ice cream", this product does offer less fat/sugar than regular ice cream. To say it's the same is a ridiculous observation.

However, used as a treat from time to time, cool, but remember many of these products are mis-labeled, and testing of them usually indicates exactly that.

FYI, if you are adding milk, well, you are basically cancelling out the "no sugar" in the ice cream, as milk and the carbs it contains are nothing but PURE LACTOSE = MILK SUGAR.

~SC~

KeyMastur is offline VET
    Yeah I did notice that. I'm not too concerned with the Sugar though. I was just surprised that it has 0 fat whatsoever.

usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member
    Live it up Key!

I got to try that one though...w/o the milk of course...

~US~

Kim2884 is offline Female Member
    I'm a fan of fat-free sugar-free ice cream...I don't eat it very often, but it definitely helps satisfy cravings in a healthier way. My birthday is three days after Christmas, and since I had a couple cheat days for the holiday, I didn't want to cheat on my birthday...so I got a fat-free, sugar-free ice cream cake. good stuff.

Thread Information