Jackman is offline Banned

cardio in the AM

I know its better to do cardio in the AM on an empty stomach but what about working out. should i work out after the cardio or later in the day when i have eaten somthing???

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Never train after cardio. If anything, train first then do the cardio.........BUT...........

It's HIGHLY ideal you do cardio apart from your weight training session. Ideal programs have periods of lipolysis and periods of anabolism. This is how body composition changes occur. I believe those to be far superior to just "weight loss".

~SC~

J-F
    J-F is offline Associate Member
    yeah but with lifestyle it is really hard to find the time to go to the gym twice a day...

i know i shloud separate cardio and wheight lifting but i can't...

that's is pissing me off... PWO lifting + cardio shake is also not easy to deal with...

j-F

Farmer is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by J-F
    yeah but with lifestyle it is really hard to find the time to go to the gym twice a day...
    Post your daily routine for people to critique, you will probably find out you DO have time..

Peace

Farmer

tatertoos is offline Associate Member
    I know what you guys are saying, it is hard to find time to get to the gym 2ce a day. But once you want to, you will find the time. I use to use that excuse all the time. I work 70hrs/week and still manage to make it to the gym 50min AM/60min PM daily. Motivation is crucial...

Farmer is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tatertoos
    I know what you guys are saying, it is hard to find time to get to the gym 2ce a day. But once you want to, you will find the time. I use to use that excuse all the time. I work 70hrs/week and still manage to make it to the gym 50min AM/60min PM daily. Motivation is crucial...
    Nice, exactly the stuff I was referring to..

Peace

Farmer

Elliot is offline Anabolic Member
    i go to school 20 hours a week travel daily 2 hours each way so thats 20 hours i volunteer at a local hospital 30 hours a week plus homework.. yet i still find time to do am cardio (6-7am) and wheights (10-11pm) and im thinking of picking up ju jitsu.. it all depends on how much you want it.. i got my isolate from allthewhey THAT **** ROX MY **** SOX...

the man signing off..

well i guess i can do it in the mourning on the tred mill i have in my basement instead of going to the gym. then go to the gym at night. sounds good answered my question thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Jackman
    well i guess i can do it in the mourning on the tred mill i have in my basement instead of going to the gym. then go to the gym at night. sounds good answered my question thank you

Ahhhh man, holdin' out on us! That is the PERFECT set up! No need to go to the gym, I was going to suggest purchasing a cost-effective cardio machine for home, but you already have one!

Now you have the tools and places/times for both. Get that diet in order, and you're golden!

~SC~

hehe thanks alot SC

Yeah, no problem bro.

Also, DON'T believe the b.s. in the other thread about a.m. cardio being catabolic. It's AST pushing their supplements the same way Ronnie Coleman got buff using 19 Nor-Andro.

Ignorance is catabolic. It runs rampant at times.

~SC~

J-F
    Quote Originally Posted by Farmer
    Post your daily routine for people to critique, you will probably find out you DO have time..

Peace

Farmer
    well, i have to leave for college around 6:30 and my local gym open up at 6:00...

ill be happy if you think you have a solution for me

usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by J-F
    well, i have to leave for college around 6:30 and my local gym open up at 6:00...

ill be happy if you think you have a solution for me
    Find a local park to do your morning cardio. If the weather is too cold just pack on the layers...works for me!

~US~

J-F
    Quote Originally Posted by usualsuspect
    Find a local park to do your morning cardio. If the weather is too cold just pack on the layers...works for me!

~US~
    in summer i do, the only thing is that in winter i find it hard to control my heart rate will running in the cold...

dIeSeL_225 is offline Associate Member
    what should be the average calories burned during morning low intesity cardio on an eliptical, im 20yo 200lbs about 12-13BF% the only reason im asking this questions is I can never get the **** Heart Rate to work on the eliptical to see if im between 65-80% HR, so I just go by calories being burned I usually burn between 800-900cal and the intensity is between 13-15 is this to much?

usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member
    Just stay in the HR range for a good 40-45 mins and your okay. Disregard the # of cals being burned...your main concern should be melting away the fat deposits...by allowing your body to use fat as an energy source since it has nothing else to reach for (reason for the empty stomach).

~US~

Hyperlite is offline Associate Member
    I'm 19yo and 190lbs and i find that i burn around 400-500 kcal in 30 minutes when i'm the elliptical trainer and in "the zone". So that should give you a good estimate where your heart rate is...

dIeSeL_225 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by usualsuspect
    Just stay in the HR range for a good 40-45 mins and your okay. Disregard the # of cals being burned...your main concern should be melting away the fat deposits...by allowing your body to use fat as an energy source since it has nothing else to reach for (reason for the empty stomach).

~US~
    I would like to stay in 65-80% HR range but i can never tell because the machine dosent want to read my HR for some reson, I dont know if im doing it wrong, I though you just have to grip the sensor and it takes you HR but it never works for me when i do it

J-F
    Quote Originally Posted by dIeSeL_225
    I would like to stay in 65-80% HR range but i can never tell because the machine dosent want to read my HR for some reson, I dont know if im doing it wrong, I though you just have to grip the sensor and it takes you HR but it never works for me when i do it
    don't you have fingers ? take it manually!
    two fingers on the neck for 15 seconde, then you multiply by 4

here you go!

beenie is offline Senior Member
    what should be the average calories burned during morning low intesity cardio on an eliptical, im 20yo 200lbs about 12-13BF% the only reason im asking this questions is I can never get the **** Heart Rate to work on the eliptical to see if im between 65-80% HR, so I just go by calories being burned I usually burn between 800-900cal and the intensity is between 13-15 is this to much?
    I cannot say for you because I don't know what your taget heart rate is. I sue one of those LifeCycle eliptical machines often and it automatically sets and adjusts the intensity based on 65% of my target heart rate. According to it, I burn between 750 and 800 cals in 45 min. When I use the stairmaster, I it does the same, but it says that I have burnt 550 cals in 45 min at the same heart rate. I suspect one of them is lying.

The best way is to buy a cheap heart rate monitor and keep yerself at the right rate and not worry about some esoteric number. I think the whole thing is a basic idea and is not meant to be completely precise anyway.

beenie is offline Senior Member
    Anyone ever told you its beccause you have no heart. -- Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Thread Information