pestis is offline Junior Member

AM lifting and diet

I know that the 1st meal of the day and postworkout are two of the most important meals. My workout partner drives the kids to school at 7:30am and is in the gym at 8am. What would you bro's suggest for an adjustment in meals? Should he have some whey and something light before workout and eat big after? any suggestions?

usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member
    It really depends on his goals.

Is he cutting, bulking, or maintaining?

Quote Originally Posted by usualsuspect
    It really depends on his goals.

Is he cutting, bulking, or maintaining?
    good point! Bulking

In that case, a protein shake with flax or olive oil is his best bet. And the amount of oil in his shakes should be consistent with his calorie needs. In other words tell him don't be shy on the oil if he really needs the cals.

~US~

In that case, a protein shake with flax or olive oil is his best bet. And the amount of oil in his shakes should be consistent with his calorie needs. In other words tell him don't be shy on the oil if he really needs the cals.

~US~
    Great suggestion IMO. that brings up another question. I am about to start using flax in my bulking diet and need to know basic amounts. I am 238lbs, 6'4".

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Ideally before working out if bulking, he could also utilize about 1/2 cup of oatmeal, cooked with 1 cup of water, and a protein shake w/water on the side of that.

Pestis, you should lay out your diet and show us how much of everything else you have come up with for your plan, as there is no one set amount that we can magically give you for your flax intake. We know nothing about any of your nutrition. Listing your plans for critique is your best bet.

~SC~

Well not to beat around the question again, but its hard to say without having an idea of your daily total calories and the breakdown of each macronutrient. A good number to start with is 15% of your total cals. Naturally if your getting too soft then up the fat in your diet and drop the carbs.

Well not to beat around the question again, but its hard to say without having an idea of your daily total calories and the breakdown of each macronutrient. A good number to start with is 15% of your total cals. Naturally if your getting too soft then up the fat in your diet and drop the carbs.
    I will post my prospective new diet sometime today and will welcome all your constructive criticism with open arms.
    thanks bro's,
    Pestis

Thread Information