Jackman is offline Banned

another god **** diet to critique

ok here goes 6 Days a week cardio in mourning for 35 mins.
    Height 5'8 209 pounds about 14% body fat

Meal 1:
    4 egg whites 3 whole eggs (hard boiled)

Meal 2:
    Can of tuna with mayo

Meal 3:
    Post workout shake, Strawberry myoplex meal replacment shake
    42G of protien, 24G of carbs and 2G of fats
    Was wondering if i should add dextrose or is that to much carbs since my myoplex already has 24G? I also like to have my shake with a mix of apple and cranberry juice so that should up the carbs to... good or bad idea?

Meal 4:
    2nd post workout meal, 2 grilled chiken Breasts with white rice.

Meal 5:bowl of frosted D bols. j/k
    10oz of steak

Meal 6: Grounded hamburger with melted cheese (no bread)

My question is this i have read in a few post by SC that you need enough fat in the diet so that your body will release the stored fat. But how much would that fat be? does my diet look like it has enough ?
    Last edited by Jackman; 01-09-2004 at 02:01 AM.

KeyMastur is offline VET
    is this the Atkins diet ?? all protein no carbs ??

i dunno about the carbs your pullin in with meal 4. how late in the day is that gonna be ?? what do you do after you eat meal 4 ??

what exactly is it that you are trying to accomplish ??

Meal 3 and 4 have carbs so no not atkins diet is no carbs correct? and meal 4 is probobly around 4. And i am trying to cut (left out the most important part) hehe and meal 5 in think im just going to throw in some lean steak

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    CAPS........

Quote Originally Posted by KeyMastur
    is this the Atkins diet ?? all protein no carbs ??

HUH?? MYOPLEX AND RICE ARE CARBS........TWO MEALS.......I TAKE IT YOU SKIPPED THROUGH THIS QUICKLY?

i dunno about the carbs your pullin in with meal 4. WHY NOT? HE NEEDS THEM POST-WORKOUT, OR HOW DO YOU SUGGEST HE REPLACE MUSCLE GLYCOGEN AND PREPARE FOR MUSCULAR RECOVERY?

how late in the day is that gonna be ?? WHO CARES.......WHY DOES THAT MATTER? (RHETORICAL QUESTION, I KNOW WHY YOU THINK IT MATTERS)

what exactly is it that you are trying to accomplish ??

BRO, IT SAYS YOUR A "VET", SO YOU HAVE TO KNOW THIS STUFF......RIGHT? NOT BAGGIN' ON YOU AT ALL, I'M JUST STUNNED THAT A VET DOESN'T KNOW ALL THIS, AND THOUGHT THIS WAS ATKINS........EVEN IF THIS DIET HAD NO CARBS, IT'D BE FAR FROM ATKINS AS IT'S NOT 70-75% FAT.

KeyMastur is offline VET
    i was bein sarcastic about the atkins

so SC how does it look?

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Pretty good, but your pwo shake needs to be something other than myoplex. Dextrose/isolate mix = ideal.

~SC~

whats isolate? the protien? and can u get dextrose at any GNC>? About how many carbs am i looking at in each post workout meal?

anyone?

usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackman
    whats isolate? the protien? and can u get dextrose at any GNC>? About how many carbs am i looking at in each post workout meal?
    Isolate is a purer form of protein that contains pratically no carbs. Dextrose is the purest form of sugar that you can get online or through a home-beer making store. As for your carb intake...its hard to say without knowing moe about you (such as your body type, metabolism, carb sentivity, etc.) Basically their is not set number but something you have to find through trail-and-error. You could start at 30% of your total cals and drop it if need be. I wouldn't suggest going below 20% though...thats unless your juiced to the brim and your a few weeks out.
    Last edited by usualsuspect; 01-09-2004 at 05:59 PM.

thank you... so im talking about how many carbs in just the 2 post workout meals? i was thinking about 2 grilled chikens with white rice thats like 50g protien and 70g of carbs in ppwo but about the pwo meal can i make it with a juice or should i use water? cause the juice will just add to the carbs?

ill ask in a seperate thread since no one ansered maybe they didnt see
    "My question is this i have read in a few post by SC that you need enough fat in the diet so that your body will release the stored fat. But how much would that fat be? does my diet look like it has enough"? And whare in the day is the best place to have the fats. i know not in meal 1 or pwo or ppwo.

come on guys. bump

alert is offline Junior Member
    i find adding abit of udos to my morning skate aswell as adding some into tuna helps ... add a tablespoon (~14g fat) .. i keep it to a tbs max a meal .but the amounts vary depending on your calorie intake for the day .. as far as the juice i don't think it would be a big deal .. so long as you adjust the amount of dexatrose added .

my stats are 209 ilb around 15% body fat what should my intake of carbs be for my pwo and ppwo?

Thread Information