alert is offline Junior Member

atkins friendly wraps from good ol'subway

what do u fellas think .. the wrap itself has 16 grams of carbs 11 from fibre .. add in chicken(0 carbs) and some bacon ,cheese, dejon hourseratish and your set .. like 5 carbs and a yummy meal ... good diet food if your on the move ?

beenie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by alert
    what do u fellas think .. the wrap itself has 16 grams of carbs 11 from fibre .. add in chicken(0 carbs) and some bacon ,cheese, dejon hourseratish and your set .. like 5 carbs and a yummy meal ... good diet food if your on the move ?
    I am suspicious, but your description sounds great. Is dejon hourseratish safe?

Someone told me about a guy in Queens that was prosecuted resently. He had been selling a line of Low Carb doughnuts, aparently, that were very tastee. Big sellers. Turned out that they were acually regular doughnuts and he just made new labels. I think there was a similar episode on Seinfeld /w Low fat. Since the major carb source at Subway is the bun, I dont think it would be too much of a leap for them to do it.

usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member
    If I was cutting, I wouldn't touch that crap and if I was bulking I would rather get a 12 inch double chicken sub...

~US~

Quote Originally Posted by usualsuspect
    If I was cutting, I wouldn't touch that crap and if I was bulking I would rather get a 12 inch double chicken sub...

~US~
    Why wouldn't you touch it while cutting Usualsuspect? Do you have a reasoning, or is that just a statement of preference?

956Vette is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by beenie
    Why wouldn't you touch it while cutting Usualsuspect? Do you have a reasoning, or is that just a statement of preference?
    re-read his post, think you misunderstood

Quote Originally Posted by 956Vette
    re-read his post, think you misunderstood
    Did I? I think Usualsuspect said that the low carb sandwhich is bad for cutting but two would be good for bulking. What am I missing? I just wanted to know why he thought that.

I am spending too much time on the board today - I getter hit the gym now!

well they have the atkins seal of approvol so i would expect the nutritional information to be correct . the dejon hourseratish has no carbs .. not as filling as a sub. but much better for ya ..

ADAWG is offline Junior Member
    Hell yeah beenie go get it! Im weary about any of these little fast food places that are jumping onto the healthy and fit band wagon. I think Jared is a pussy and what is this new marketing campaign that says if you it the sub for lunch you act stupid for the rest of the day? Screww them all Ill take my grocery store and some dry tuna before I start eating there pre-manufactured pre-cooked bull****.

Quote Originally Posted by ADAWG
    Hell yeah beenie go get it! Im weary about any of these little fast food places that are jumping onto the healthy and fit band wagon. I think Jared is a pussy and what is this new marketing campaign that says if you it the sub for lunch you act stupid for the rest of the day? Screww them all Ill take my grocery store and some dry tuna before I start eating there pre-manufactured pre-cooked bull****.
    I only ate at a Subway once, when I was traveling for work and famished. It was the only place in a small airport somewhere in Ohio. So I asked for two chiken breasts on a bed of lettuce. It was not particularly memorable, but a chiken breast is a chicken breast as I see it. The wrap part I think would be the main issue in thier new concoction. They have a place on my corner, but I have avaided it because there are so many good restrants in my neighborhood most of which are very aware of low carbers. But, when I leave my neighborhood, something I hate to do, I am often left out in the cold. Infact, my diet is so strict that when i travel, I usually wind up losing weight. I will not eat many carbs under most circumstances and when i travel i cannot get enough protien to maintain. I always find a local gym so i can keep up my workout routine, but that's only half the battle.

ADAWG is offline Junior Member
    I hear ya beenie I am having trouble putting on weight right now. Im just getting into the life but ive been training hard for a year and a half. I now hope to start competing in the houston area this next summer but so far i lack the resources to find out where and when. so i to am in the cold.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Here is my "Report" to my clients in my Swoldier's Paradise Forum:

My report on the 8 gram net carb wrap.

TASTE: Pretty **** good

COST: Pretty **** bad ($9.68 for 2 of them, one for me and one for the chica)

SIZE: Formidable (for a 47 lb. female ) Lacking adequate protein, fat can be adjusted by how much dressing you let them use so that was a good point.

INTERVIEW W/WORKER: No one there has a clue what low carb diets are for, nor do they really know net carbs. Nor do they really speak English, so I was able to gather no info other than, "napkins are to your left".

OVERALL: Not bad really. It wasn't deli meat but rather chicken breast (looked frickin' small though, **** anorexic chickens) so I believe the sodium cured meat problem isn't really an issue here. I'd have to get them to use 4 times the chicken to meet my requirement, but I'm not paying $16.00 for a **** wrap.........

Taste good/nutrition lacking/cost issue: 4 out of 10

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Here is my "Report" to my clients in my Swoldier's Paradise Forum:

My report on the 8 gram net carb wrap.

Taste good/nutrition lacking/cost issue: 4 out of 10

~SC~
    LOL. Finally a difinitive answer!

Mu'min is offline Associate Member
    Watch out for the Subway chicken breasts. They are just left over white meat pressed into patties. My old workout partner and I compared a full chicken breast from the store worth 25g of protein and then checked out the Subway "breast." Subway's is smaller and less dense than the one you buy at the store. How the hell can they be the same amount of protein? Can't. Btw I used to work there (insert apology here) and spent much time analysing their claims concerning nutrient content.

My experience also is that no one gets the subs or wraps with the stuff that they "recommend" on it so it changes the nutritional content. Also, have you ever met someone who works at Subway? Not the cleanest place. I was crewleader and had to CONSTANTLY tell employees to wash their hands.

Subway's policy is to also rotate old outdated product out of the cooler once the experation date has passed. This is the policy but some do not practice this because it can be very costly.

I agree with ADAWG. Stick to the food that you or trusted ones make.

Did I? I think Usualsuspect said that the low carb sandwhich is bad for cutting but two would be good for bulking. What am I missing? I just wanted to know why he thought that.

I am spending too much time on the board today - I getter hit the gym now!
    Its not that low carb sandwiches are bad for cutting, its just they don't meet my macronutrient needs. For example, lets say I need 45 grams of protein and 15 grams of fat in one of my meals...its too hard (and unreliable) to count on a subway sandwich to provide that. I could guessimate if I wanted to, but when I'm cutting I like to be very exact with the numbers. Its a personality trait I can't stand sometimes

~US~

Its not that low carb sandwiches are bad for cutting, its just they don't meet my macronutrient needs. For example, lets say I need 45 grams of protein and 15 grams of fat in one of my meals...its too hard (and unreliable) to count on a subway sandwich to provide that. I could guessimate if I wanted to, but when I'm cutting I like to be very exact with the numbers. Its a personality trait I can't stand sometimes

~US~
    I am impressed. That's way more complicated then I could ever be. I have to say, I see lots of guys here say, "critique my diet. . ." and they give these really complicated menues. I often wonder how close they really come to them. I need to keep my pretty simple- just like me. Simple meals for simple guys- in fact I'll make that my new motto.

I know that you way is probably better, but for me it would be too painful. Anyway, thanks for the explanation. It makes a lot more sense to me now.

well i work at good ol'subway parttime while in school and normally toss double chicken into the wrap .. so ~45 protein a wrap with little to no carbs lots of veg and abit of dressing .. have two of em during a 7 hour shift .. can't beat it .. :P

well i work at good ol'subway parttime while in school and normally toss double chicken into the wrap .. so ~45 protein a wrap with little to no carbs lots of veg and abit of dressing .. have two of em during a 7 hour shift .. can't beat it .. :P

I am impressed. That's way more complicated then I could ever be. I have to say, I see lots of guys here say, "critique my diet. . ." and they give these really complicated menues. I often wonder how close they really come to them. I need to keep my pretty simple- just like me. Simple meals for simple guys- in fact I'll make that my new motto.

I know that you way is probably better, but for me it would be too painful. Anyway, thanks for the explanation. It makes a lot more sense to me now.
    No problem beenie but to be honest with you, I'm a little surprised your not the same way. From reading your posts and talking to you through pm's, I would have guessed that your super anul like myself with using scales and measuring cups to size your portions. Actually, I was always under the impression the majority of serious weightlifters/bodybuilders did it this way. I guess it would be nice though sometimes to be able to cook up some rice for instance and just toss it on the plate (without getting the measuring cup out). No wonder my gf is always telling how I like to complicate everything

~US~

No problem beenie but to be honest with you, I'm a little surprised your not the same way. From reading your posts and talking to you through pm's, I would have guessed that your super anul like myself with using scales and measuring cups to size your portions. Actually, I was always under the impression the majority of serious weightlifters/bodybuilders did it this way. I guess it would be nice though sometimes to be able to cook up some rice for instance and just toss it on the plate (without getting the measuring cup out). No wonder my gf is always telling how I like to complicate everything

~US~
    No, for me I am very careful about what I eat, but not so careful about how much I eat. My basic diet, as you have gathered is essentially protien and fat, with carbs currently coming from limited lettuce or green veggies, limited nuts, and on occasion an Atkins muffin (1-2 grams of carb) or bowl of low carb cerial (I LOVE FlaxOmeal). As long as I keep my carbs under 20g/day I never gain much fat. Using this method basically works, but when I go very low like below 10% I only seem to be able to do it when I am on a cycle or I really want to cut down so I just eat less.

Suffice to say, this has worked resonably well so far, but I am becoming convinced that the dextrose thing is worth trying. When I do, if I put on fat, I am going to come after you! What's more, I dont think that I am a body builder per se, as I never got really big. I suspect you and many of my fellow board members have a lot more mass than I. I just would never want to sacrifice being cut up for size.

I just would never want to sacrifice being cut up for size.
    You don't have too. Who said you can't have the best of both worlds???
    But yeah I get your drift

~US~

I'll take being ripped over being "big" anyday.

Who gives a rat's ass about how much you can bench.........well, some do, I don't..........an 18 inch arm tanned and shredded looks 3 times the size of a 20 inch soft arm.

Take off the shirt, reveal the abs/cuts, get in the sun or under lights, and it's ON! I guarantee you everyone loves that look.

~SC~

rambo is offline The Lord God
    Well I tried the wraps today... and I've come to the conclusion that if you ditch everything, double the chicken, add some lettuce... you might have something.

mfenske is offline Member
    I say take Subway out of the equation. Use the low-carb tortillas (which I am pretty sure Subway is using here) that you bought at the grocery store or at www.netrition.com Then add whatever your nutritional needs are. Want 8 oz of chicken, lettuce, tomatoes, and jalapenos you got it. One thing that I really like about the low-carb tortillas is that they are high in fiber because anyone who eats lots of protein knows more fiber is a good thing. Mark

Yeah, I was doing this with "LaTortilla Factory" a long ass time ago.

~SC~

mfenske is offline Member
    They must get things sooner in Swoleville than in Central, WI. So you eat the La Tortilla low carbers? I like them alot, but if you're eating them I feel a lot better about it. Mark

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    Well then that settles it........I'll eat one of these next time I'm in a subway. I'll post it next time I'm in a subway. Although I have to tell you I don't eat out often.

However I am interested in that low carb tortilla, clearly you can tell things arive here in FL a tab bit late. And I hope to have this matter cleared up el pronto. Thanks for the site M.

Low carb tortillas are an excellent choice for CRAVINGS, and then for fiber. Everyone touts the fiber, which I appreciate of course, but I feel like I'm cheating.

They work BEST when you've attained your goal as far as level of fitness. When you are where you wish to be, eating these won't hinder you holding your look at all. To get that look, I'd use them ever-so sparingly.

~SC~

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    I actually had a bacon chicken ranch wrap. It was alright. Carbs dont hurt me so I just eat whatever sounds good.

Thread Information