Thread: Soy Protien

beenie is offline Senior Member

Soy Protien

Someone told me that soy protien converts to estrogen. Anyone know anything about this. I like to make cookies, pancakes, and waffels out of soy protien isolate but have stopped becuse I am concerned now.

The stuff is a gret alternative to flour: 2g carb/cup and no fat.

bravo11p is offline Associate Member

soy

Never heard that one but soy isoflavones can be used to help prevent aromataise activity. There was a good thread by Yiyngazi (sp) on it and I have been taking them since I started my cycle and have had no gyno. (sus250/anadrol 50mg ED) Into my cycle for 35 days and NO GYNO so far. So I woulf think that soy protein would not. JMO

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    Never heard of that bro and I very much doubt if it is true!

defdaz is offline Associate Member

soy is bad, mmkay

Peeps,

I can't remember where I read it but at the moment soy protein is not in the 'experts' good books at the moment (though we all know that these things can and do change rapidly - next month they could be raving about it)...

It's apparently pretty damn bad for you and can cause all sort of problems. I'll try and dig the info out for you...

def

yikes!

Here you go:

http://www.biotech-info.net/soya.html

Nasty stuff!!

def

me again

And we're ignoring here how p*ss poor it's amino acid spectrum is... (though this isn't really an issue if you are getting enough aaa quality protein - body protein pool etc.)

def

beenie is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for the articles. The research sounds pretty scethcy to me and the evidence sounds more transitve in nature. That being said MOST dietary research apears to me to be transitive or impirical in nature.

I think I am going to go back to it and watch to see what happens based on the input and now ther research. I was wondering what your take was on it defdaz or anyone else who looked at the article.

Dude, it's your choice but unless you are a vegan soya really isn't that great for bb'ers.

Make sure you take your vits and mins separately from any meals with soya in bro...

def

RON
    RON is offline Anabolic Member
    Do a search on soy. I had this discussion with prtyby (I think it was him) a while ago. I drink soy milk but I do it in moderation. Just don't over do it bro and you'll be ok

bufchic is offline Associate Member
    I think there is a lot of reading between the lines to be done in that article, defdaz.

bufchic - go on....?

def

Question everything. There are positive and negative reports on everything under the sun. I just read an article today about coffee making you fat. Come on. Now theres 3 million people cutting their coffee. Shit.... we can dig up a negative article for everything but untill I get some concrete, tried, tested and true out come I just kinda take it all with a grain of salt. Just cause a couple of doctors run some studies Im not convinced unless it REALLY makes logical sense. Logical sense being based on everything else known. In this case I know Ive heard and read a lot of great benefits of soy, more than bad. I always wonder whos best intrest is behind the article too. Common sense tells me that in moderation I can eat soy. But that article for anyone that thinks this is the only report out there on soy is scary stuff.
    The news and the media come up with a new "who gives a shit report" everyday, the last one contradicting the first. Just think twice about everything you hear and read. Is soy bad? Maybe, if thats ALL you eat but come on... even a little everyday isnt going to cause these affects. I think this report sounds extreme. Notice they did seem to be targeting vegetarians and people that use a lot of soy products. A good bodybuilder should know moderation is everything, in everything.
    Last edited by bufchic; 01-21-2002 at 10:17 PM.

Totally agree with you 100% bufchic. At the end of the day we have to rely on common sense, especially as like you say the researchers keep contradicting each other.... grrr!!

def

Thanks, Im glad you got my point.

Thread Information