eggplant is offline Member

fats,carbs,proteins

guys..feel free to criticise..flame..coment..correct me..whateva..
    when cutting carbs on a cutting cycle..i have to replace the same amount of calories lost frm fats. doesn't this means that there will be a calorie deficit frm carbs..but the overall calories will stay the same as there's a same calorie increase frm fats??

james wright is offline Junior Member
    I think that when bulikng, if you cut carbs you then add fats.

Its not a simple one to answer but the short answer is that when cutting, fats and carbs need to be slowly reduced.

The ratios depend on insulin sensativity of the individual

beenie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eggplant
    guys..feel free to criticise..flame..coment..correct me..whateva..
    when cutting carbs on a cutting cycle..i have to replace the same amount of calories lost frm fats. doesn't this means that there will be a calorie deficit frm carbs..but the overall calories will stay the same as there's a same calorie increase frm fats??
    There is some truth to that. It has to do with the way your body handles fats, protien, and carbs. The problem with the carb calories is that what your body doesn't use it eventually converts to fat.

If you were a long distance runner and didn't care about bulking, you can eat lots of carbs, and likely burn them off. Hence long disatnce runners are ofen quite thin even though they often eat lots of carbs. They are also quite thin, typically, because they eat little fat and burn muscle.

eggplant is offline Member
    oh i did not realli watch my fat intake when bulking..i onli calculate my carbs and proteins..but most of my food intake are clean carbs like oats ..fruits..and brown rice..and proteins frm milk..eggs..beef...but mostly chicken..so that is why i feel a bit flat when on my rest days..as i reduce mt level of carbs and saty about the same level of proteins but did not take in extra efa's..ya i noe this question is a bit tricky..that's why i've been cracking my head to find an answer to it..from what i noe..it is recommended to up fats level when cutting as the carbs go down..in order to maintain the muscle mass acquired during a bulk phase..but as i said..by increasing fats to the equivalent of carbs cut,the calorie macro will stay somewat the same..so its rather contradicting.. i was adviced by one of the members on AR that when i cut 50g of carbs..which is 200calories..i haf to put in extra 200 calories frm fats.. i'm in a lost??help!? anyone?

Thread Information