LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran

Gaining Weight while cutting?

Is it possible?

I have been sticking to my cut diet like glue, haven't cheated at all.
    Everyday 45 minutes of cardio in the morning and then strict eating ammounts and times all day long.

Here is my diet again:

-----------------------
    Wake Up: Cardio 35-45 Minutes on threadmill

Meal 1:
    2 whole eggs
    Protein drink (22g's protein, 4g's carb)
    Flax oil 1000mg
    1 Cup Oatmeal

Meal 2:
    1 Can Tuna w/ mayo/mustard
    Flax oil 1000mg

Meal 3:
    1 Serving Almonds 170 calories
    2 Pieces of Turkey Breast or grilled chicken strips (3 or 4 strips 120 calories)
    Flax oil 1000mg

Meal 4:
    Protein drink
    1 Serving Almonds 170 calories
    Flax oil 1000mg

--------------------
    Workout
    --------------------

Meal 5:
    Protein drink
    Dextrose

Meal 6:
    1 Chicken Breast
    1 Cup Brown Rice
    Misc. Green Vegies...

Sleep 6-10 hours depending on the day

At first I lost like 2-3 pounds on this diet, now I have gained 2 pounds back already. Is that possible? I have been training hard and lifting heavy, but I didn't think it was possible to gain weight on this diet. I am barely taking in 2200-2500 calories.

I am not a weight watcher at all, but I just feel kinda chubby by the end of the day the last few days. It's been about a week and a half since I started. Do I need to take a cheat day to throw off my metabolism so it doesn't slow down to adjust to this diet?

Thanks for the help,

Mike

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    If you're not losing, you need to adjust your outline as you have too much of something/somewhere. It's also dependent on how long you've been doing this, you don't say.

Remember weight fluctuates by 5-7 lbs. at any given time.

~SC~

LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran
    OK here is the thing...

I always seem to gain 3-5 pounds from morning to night, then in the morning I am usually the same weight I was the morning before or less. BUt lately it seems I have been staying 1-2 pounds heavier in the morning.

Now it seems I have hit a stop point where I am not gaining or losing, I have been the same weight now for 3 mornings in a row. My question is, can I maintain this weight and continue to cut my body fat %? Or do I have to lose weight to lose the body fat?

Mike

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    You may be slowly replacing fat with lean mass, and if that's the case, just keep it going.

Screw the scale and calipers..........they should be used about ONCE per month. Go by the mirror, clothing, how others see you, your strength/endurance in the gym, etc. All tangible real life things, not some measurement that can differ for a myriad of reasons. Your methods seem pretty darn good, I'd stick to it.

~SC~

james wright is offline Junior Member
    I always gain when I start my show prep. Its probably due to my eating better quality of food and at the exact right times.

My weight then starts to drop after a week or so then levels out about three weeks after that.

As soon as this happens I lower my kcals from fats and carbs by 15-20% and so on.

Thread Information