PInk FLoyd is offline Junior Member

New here and need adive/help

Hey all, im 15 yrs old, about 210 lbs, 5'11'', and got about 12%BF..

now i need some advice about a good diet plan, whats good to eat and when.. ive read some of the other diet posts/stickys, and also wonder if it applies to me. All i really want to do, is lose some weight, gain some muscle, and get all ripped for next football season..

thanks
    Shawn

LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran
    Hey bro..

No offense but if you are 5'11" and 210 lbs I highly doubt your body fat is 12%. Try more like 19-20 at your height because I am around your height and weigh 160 pounds, and I am about 14% body fat.

What you should do is search through this forum for the misc. cut diets people are doing, that will definitely drop your body fat % and get you ripped.

Goodluck

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by LeanMeOut
    I highly doubt your body fat is 12%. Try more like 19-20
    well we just took a skin fold test at the end of 2003 in weight lifting class, and the skin fold test thing, (if its very accurate) said 12% all together..

Elliot is offline Anabolic Member
    lol leanmeout i agree but maybe hes just has insane genetics and its really muscular.. :shurgs: floyd do a search of "Cutting Diet" and you'll get tons of sample diets with critiques.. but the basics are am cardio on empty stomach.. low intensity, fallowed by 6 meal day with weight training a PWO shake with dextrose and protein fallowed with 2 post workout meals one carb/protein and the 2nd with fat/protien prior to sleep.. get your self some Dextrose and protein if you dont have any.. you might want to get you self a r-ala and biotin to take with your post work out shake.. either way set up a diet and we'll tell you how it is.. welcome to the forum bro...

beenie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PInk FLoyd
    well we just took a skin fold test at the end of 2003 in weight lifting class, and the skin fold test thing, (if its very accurate) said 12% all together..
    At that height and weight you would be lookin like Mr. Universe at 12%. I suspect the reading is not correct. The method used is sound, but the person taking the reading was likely pretty inexperienced. At 12% you should begin seeng the clear outline of you abs. At 10% they really break through. At 6% you look like Swole.

The good thing is that you are thinking about diet at 15. Now is the time to really start forming good habits, because guys who are in good shape when they are young have an opportunityt to keep it throughout thier lives. Its a lot harder if you start when you are 30 so I commend you.

What sort of stuff do you eat now? What do you really like eating? What do you currently eat that you really think is not good for you? How dedicated will you be to your diet plan once you have one?

Quote Originally Posted by beenie
    What sort of stuff do you eat now? What do you really like eating? What do you currently eat that you really think is not good for you? How dedicated will you be to your diet plan once you have one?
    i eat everything, except cheese.. my diet now, is horribly bad and i really need to change it. Espically for football next year.. Lots of kids tryin out..=/ So, i am very dedicated to what i must do get ripped..

and about the skin fold, your prolly right.. it was only my teacher that took it so, he is prolly inexpierenced.

Shawn
    Last edited by PInk FLoyd; 01-17-2004 at 11:59 PM.

beenie is offline Senior Member
    i eat everything, except cheese.. my diet now, is horribly bad and i really need to change it. Espically for football next year.. Lots of kids tryin out..=/ So, i am very dedicated to what i must do get ripped..

and about the skin fold, your prolly right.. it was only my teacher that took it so, he is prolly inexpierenced.

Shawn
    A great start then would be to cut out things like chips and french fries. Also, if you are eating thing like Kelogs cereal in for breakfast try eggs instead. Stay away from candy bars or anything else with added sugar.Also, if you can cut bread, of any type out its really helpful for cutting.

Another thing that will assit you greatly is if you can maintain a cardio program such as running for 30 to 45 minutes a day I'll bet you will see a lot of progress pretty quickly. Dont be afraid to eat when you aare hungry. Steak and burgers are great, just dont put kethup or steak sauce on it because they have a lot of sugar in them. Ice cream is really bad too because it has sugar. See where I am going with this?

my new diet

ok reading some of the posts on this topic, and some other diet posts, ive put together a workout/diet plan. Please critique!

5:30ish- cardio 50 mins

6:30 breakfast- 3 egg whites 1 whole egg scrambled [(make like an omlet with some meat)(chicken)]
    Some oatmeal
    Milk, 2 tbl spoon whey protine, and oliveoil all mixed for a drink

12:00 lunch- 6oz chicken, turkey breast, or tuna wrap (whole wheat flat bread wraps) with mayo and lettuce.
    Protine bar (i got a recipe from the sub recipe forum)

4:00 - 4oz Chicken breast with brown rice. (is there much of a difference of using white rice then brown rice?)

6:00 - Workout

7:00 - 2 tbl spoon whey, 1 tbl spoon dextrose, and milk mixed together
    (post workout)

8:00 - 6oz steak and some carrots

Before bed - Tuna with mayo, green peppers, onions (tuna salad)

i know i need some work with it, but what do you all think?

what should i add?
    take away?

help is very needed

thanks
    Shawn

bigsd67 is offline Anabolic Member
    in caps

ok reading some of the posts on this topic, and some other diet posts, ive put together a workout/diet plan. Please critique!

5:30ish- cardio 50 mins

6:30 breakfast- 3 egg whites 1 whole egg scrambled [(make like an omlet with some meat)(chicken)]
    Some oatmeal
    Milk, 2 tbl spoon whey protine, and oliveoil all mixed for a drink
    LOSE MILK IT IS ALL SUGAR CARBS. KEEP THE SHAKE WITH OLIVE OIL
    12:00 lunch- 6oz chicken, turkey breast, or tuna wrap (whole wheat flat bread wraps) with mayo and lettuce.
    Protine bar (i got a recipe from the sub recipe forum)
    COMBINING CARBS AND FATS IN THE SAME MEAL = FAT GAIN EITHER LOSE THE MAYO OR LOSE THE WRAP
    4:00 - 4oz Chicken breast with brown rice. (is there much of a difference of using white rice then brown rice?)
    TAKE THIS MEAL AND EAT IT ONE AFTER AFTER YOUR POST WORKOUT SHAKE
    6:00 - Workout

7:00 - 2 tbl spoon whey, 1 tbl spoon dextrose, and milk mixed together
    (post workout)
    JUST WHEY AND DEXTROSE IS ALL YOU'LL NEED HERE
    LOSE THE CARROTS SUB WITH GREEN VEGGIES AND EAT THIS BEFORE YOU WORKOUT
    THIS IS GOOD THOUGH MOST SAY TAKE A SHAKE WITH FLAX OIL

i know i need some work with it, but what do you all think?

what should i add?
    take away?

help is very needed
    READ RAMBO'S POST ON THE TOP FOR THE UNOFFICIAL CUTTING GUIDE...IT'S THE BEST **** ADVICE TO USE AND IT IS EASY TO UNDERSTAND BOTTOM LINE CUT OUT SUGARS AND STARCHES (MILK AND CARROTS AND WRAP) AND SUB WITH TONS OF GREEN VEGGIES. AND EAT 90-100% OF CARBS IMMEDIATELY AFTER YOU LIFT THEN 1 TO 1.5 HOURS AFTER THE SHAKE.
    thanks
    Shawn

Elliot is offline Anabolic Member
    bigsd pretty much coved it i just have one question by TBL spoon you mean the thing that comes with the protein cause a regular table spoon is no where near what you need..

LOSE THE CARROTS SUB WITH GREEN VEGGIES AND EAT THIS BEFORE YOU WORKOUT

i think that is a good PWO meal it incorporates protein and carbs but yeah loose the carrots..

not bad use regular mayo, naturaly and its good that you eat a solid meal before bed.. seems pretty good might want to get some biotin and r-ala to help shuttle the glucose post work out.. either way well done..
    Last edited by Elliot; 01-18-2004 at 10:09 PM.

Kim2884 is offline Female Member
    Being 15 yrs. old, with your metabolism through the roof and high testosterone levels, I think you can get away with a less-strict diet, at least at first, as long as you work out. If your diet is as bad as you say it is now, maybe you should just make small adjustments. Just cut some of the crap out and moderate your caloric intake. You should see results even with that. Then, if you reach a plateau, tweak your diet some more, incorporating some of the things you've read about here. You want to keep a couple tricks up your sleeve, though. If you go from eating like a slob to eating as clean as possible all at once, you'll eventually plateau and have nothing else to do to get your body to respond. Just my opinion.

Thread Information