chevy44 is offline Member

a little advice on my diet

i know that you are supposed to eat about 6 meals a day (clean) when bulking, but last yr i tried this and for whatever reason, i became a fat ass! now i was thinking that i would go w/ this diet, so let me know what u think!
    10 am 2 chicken breast (i hate all breakfast foods) cup of rice and an apple protein shake
    1 pm 4 onces of egg noodle pasta
    (post workout) 3 pm protein shake 2 cans of tuna
    6pm two more chicken breast and somore rice (my favorite meal by FAR)and protein shake
    8pm ???? now this is a mystery wtf should i eat at night?
    *i mix in vegetables here and there
    * keep in mind that each protein shake has 66 grams of protein, which brings me to another question, " is 3 scoops/shake 3times/day too much?"
    would this diet help me gain lean muscle or would i be wasting my time?
    thanx so much

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    OUCH!!!

Can someone help him......I'll try to come back to this, but I'm swamped.......

(and address the AAS usage when the diet isn't even in order yet)

Thanks guys!

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by chevy44
    i know that you are supposed to eat about 6 meals a day (clean) when bulking, but last yr i tried this and for whatever reason, i became a fat ass! now i was thinking that i would go w/ this diet, so let me know what u think!
    10 am 2 chicken breast (i hate all breakfast foods) cup of rice and an apple protein shake
    1 pm 4 onces of egg noodle pasta
    (post workout) 3 pm protein shake 2 cans of tuna
    6pm two more chicken breast and somore rice (my favorite meal by FAR)and protein shake
    8pm ???? now this is a mystery wtf should i eat at night?
    *i mix in vegetables here and there
    * keep in mind that each protein shake has 66 grams of protein, which brings me to another question, " is 3 scoops/shake 3times/day too much?"
    would this diet help me gain lean muscle or would i be wasting my time?
    thanx so much
    short answer. Too much protien (i count 500g plus whatever you eat at 8) , too many cal (I count 3000 plus your 8 meal). you are not doing enough AS to warrant that much protien much less all packed into three meals. You really should not be doing AS at all untill you get your diet squared away. If those are water shakes you could stand to up the carbs. no need to be under 200 with carbs while not cutting. Go for 300-350 protien 300-350 carbs for a total calorie intake of 3000, make up the rest in fat. Sounds like you are not balancing your protien and carbs evenly enough and are simply overeating. 1000 calorie meals are just too big. hope this helps.

james wright is offline Junior Member
    Hi Chevy44,

I agree with broken bricks appart from the 200g carbs thing. My comp diet never went below 200g until de carb. I'm not saying you wont need to go below 200g but I am saying we are all different.

I dont think you need to diet as diets generally arnt permenant. Instead I recommend a clean bulk with moderate carbs so that you loose body fat at a slow and steady rate.

10am
    2 chicken breasts
    100g rice
    apple

1pm
    2 cans tuna
    salad
    tbsp olive/flax etc oil

PWO
    protein shake (serving as stated)
    40g dextrose
    40g maltodextrine

4pm
    2 chicken breasts
    med baked potato with skin
    tsp butter if required

7pm
    6 eggs(2-3 yolks) omelette

bed
    large steak
    veg
    tsp oil

Have a cheat meal every 4-5 days only, dont go mad ie burger and fries but no more!!

If you stick to this you will be able to guage how your body responds and if you are loosing more than 1-2lbs a week then increase the carbs by 10% or so. If you arnt loosing BF then decrease the carbs by 10% or so.

Cheating your diet doesnt allow you to see a correct response to the plan.

See how you go and learn how your body works.

chevy44 is offline Member
    thanx alot guys! and noone said i was doing AS (my signature was from last yr), i will be soon but i need to get my diet squared away first. im going to try the diet that james offered (thanx). and will that diet help me gain also? im not trying to shed body fat, im already lean as f*** but i need to gain about 15 -20 lbs in about 7 months, i know its going to be hard, but its not impossible, so thanx for the help!

* i hope i dont sound to ignorant, but what is dextrose, and maldodextrine?
    Last edited by chevy44; 01-18-2004 at 08:52 PM.

Thread Information