docflock is offline New Member

Question Protein Bars - Stay Away?

I am currently bulking and eat clean. However, I am a medical student, so sometimes I can cannot eat the meals I prepare for the day (no access to microwave, no time, etc.) Sometimes, I substitute one of my meals for a Lean Body Bar and an apple. How often is too much for doing this if I don't want to put on extra bodyfat?

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    If you are bulking in the traditional sense, I don't see any harm in it. Bodyfat accrued during your bulking session will be from all of your food intake, not just the bars. I'd be more weary of the bars NOT having what they say they have (protein wise usually) and thus having them not support your current goals.

~SC~

zx7racing is offline Senior Member
    -i'm in the same situatioin, so i usually carry 2 protein bars with while in school or clinicals. i figure, the bars are at least better than missing a meal all together- lesser of two evils i guess...

UrbanLegend is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by docflock
    I am currently bulking and eat clean. However, I am a medical student, so sometimes I can cannot eat the meals I prepare for the day (no access to microwave, no time, etc.) Sometimes, I substitute one of my meals for a Lean Body Bar and an apple. How often is too much for doing this if I don't want to put on extra bodyfat?
    I would switch to shakes. Why? The companies who make protein bars are lying about what they put in them, remember, they are not monitered. They are basically pure sugar, which is why they have so much maltodextrin in them. Just buy a shaker bottle and add protein & water, or protein and whatever. Shake it up, put it in your bag, and you are good to go. You can buy shaker bottles at most bodybuilding stores/ stores in general.

But will they make you fat if you are eating clean and bulking, no, not unless you use them like 2-3 meals every day.

Thread Information