sooner45 is offline Member

Anyone heard or tried the eat for life program by Bill Phillips???

I just got through reading the book and am considering going on his "diet" which is basically just 6 portioned meals a day. It sounds pretty good! Just wondering if anyone has read the book or done the program and if so what do you guys think???? Thanks bro's!!!

Elliot is offline Anabolic Member
    do a search there a whole thread flaming it..

rambo is offline The Lord God
    Bill Phillips aka "Wally Cleaver of the bb world" is a tool.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Tell Dr. Phil's butt buddy we said eat a d*ck, the corporate moron.

~SC~

Elliot is offline Anabolic Member
    lol my point exacly..

Ok, a lot of flaming, but no solid answers.

Well, essentially his diet is meant for non-serious athletes, and his off-base concepts don't apply to us. That diet won't do you justice.

usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member
    Do you mind summarizing some of the basic concepts of the diet for us.
    Specifically the protein, carb, and fat requirements, fat loss strategies, and timing of carbs. I must admit I never took the time to read through Bill's "buy-my-supps" fluff. Thank you.

~US~
    Last edited by usualsuspect; 01-19-2004 at 04:58 PM.

You guys have to understand that not EVERYONE on this board wants to look like Arnold Schwartsahoweveryouspellit. So the statement about his diet is for non serious athletes is not true. Not everyone has to be on a cutting or bulking diet on here. Its like you get condemned if you try something else, or your not counting carbs, protein, fat, etc. I am not syaing his "diet" will work. To me, it doesnt even sound like a diet, just a healthy way to eat and live. Which exactly what I'm looking for. Just a way to live. Not a diet, not a fad. Not something to do cause your getting ready for a contest or something. I for one am 23 years old. Played football all my life, including college. I'm not trying to win a contest, not trying to lok like Vin Diesel. I just want to be healthy, look decent, and feel good. I'm sorry if my goals do not adhere to everyone elses on here, or yours Rambo for that fact. I guess I need to find another board.

I'm sorry that you feel that way. I don't have a diet that I implemented on my own, sooner, all that I (we) here do is put together the best we can from all that we've read. If I had known that you weren't looking to gain muscle, I would have responded differently. It's just not a normal sentiment around here. That's why this site is more bodybuilding oriented. I don't mean to come off pompous at all... the Bill Phillips program is more of a lifestyle than an actual diet, yes. But what we do here is actually also more of a lifestyle. Our goals are different, yes, but that doesn't mean that one is necessarily better than the other.

I'm sorry to have offended you, like I said I would've responded differently if you had stated your goals differently. The default goal here tends to be lose fat/gain muscle.

clubbinkid is offline Associate Member
    just reading the post 4 the 1st time u guys are bad.......um i posted this a while ago and swole told me the business so dont fell bad but if u aent lookin 4 dat beach body and are just lookin 4 a good nutritonal deiet thena i say go 4 it ive tried it and his meal are tasty....but 4 BB it wont work as i was tought from the guys on the board

I'll say it again and give you your solid answer.

IT SUCKS.

And no I don't apologize for being loud mouthed and pompous. If you want to follow a program/principles that serve to make you LOSE EQUAL MUSCLE/FAT, then by all means be an EAS puppet.

But you come here askin' me what the deal w/that book/program is, I'm gonna give it to you straight! I deal w/1000's of athletes, NOT just bodybuilders or those tryin' to look like my Governor, and that program is NOT ideal for anyone who wishes to accrue/keep lean mass, and shed/stave off bodyfat.

End of story!
    ~SC~

sigrabbit is offline Member
    From personal experience, Swole is right. I did one of those body for life transformation contests and while I lost fat, I also lost muscle and strength. The diet promoted by Phillips might work for sedentary persons who don't lift, but if you are athletic you will notice that the people that did well in the transformations did not eat according to BFL principles.

Quote Originally Posted by sigrabbit
    From personal experience, Swole is right. I did one of those body for life transformation contests and while I lost fat, I also lost muscle and strength. The diet promoted by Phillips might work for sedentary persons who don't lift, but if you are athletic you will notice that the people that did well in the transformations did not eat according to BFL principles.
    Ok, Ill bite......so what is the best "diet" for losing fat??? Just your basic cutting diet????

Valmont is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sooner45
    Ok, Ill bite......so what is the best "diet" for losing fat??? Just your basic cutting diet????

Well, first of all. IMO the best diet is the one you don't have to pay for.

Obviously, the staples are there. High fat and protein to preserve muscle. And lower/alter carb intake except after workouts. Increase cardio.

I know that their is endless debate over the cardio issue. But if you have been around enough college athletes in your life you will see that sprints are the answer to your prayers.
    Last edited by Valmont; 01-21-2004 at 10:44 AM.

bigsd67 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Valmont
    Well, first of all. IMO the best diet is the one you don't have to pay for. Especially, when you can get past all the bald guys with plastic swords constantly slirping on themselves.

Obviously, the staples are there. High fat and protein to preserve muscle. And lower/alter carb intake except after workouts. Increase cardio.

I know that their is endless debate over the cardio issue. But if you have been around enough college athletes in your life you will see that sprints are the answer to your prayers.
    Boss i dont know what ur issue is with Swole Cat...but you might want to discontinue the flaming for two reasons...

1. It will get you banned
    2. Swole is pretty f-cking ripped so obviously he knows what he's doing and his clients get good results following his programs...i'd like to see how you look to know if you have any merit to ripping other people apart.

Quote Originally Posted by sooner45
    Losing fat is simple. It takes cardio and a no carb diet. I promise that you will lose weight at a record pace.

But if your asking for the best way to cut up...then thats different. Getting "ripped" which ppl like to commonly say requires not only a reduction in bodyfat but also the preservation of muscle. It takes a lot of hard work to achieve a "ripped" look. Since there is no single best diet that works for everyone, following the basic and proven cutting methods is the best way to go about this IMO. From there you have to constantly readjust your calorie and macronutrient numbers to find what works best for "you." Knowledge is power bro. All the info is out there, you just have to find what works for you.

~US~

So then that puts your family member who you stated works at Jenny Craig as a counselor, out of a JOB!

How supportive!

~SC~

bigsd67 is offline Anabolic Member
    well hey IMO the best diet is one that promotes actually losing fat AND living a healthy lifestyle....living healthy is worth the price...speaking of Swole you got email

RON
    RON is offline Anabolic Member
    Valmont, I'm glad you fixed your reply but I don't wanna have to warn you again. Disagree with swole all you want just do it without flames.

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    So then that puts your family member who you stated works at Jenny Craig as a counselor, out of a JOB!

How supportive!

~SC~
    Ron-I am not sure if I can responde to this "opinion" without it being a flame. But I will try.

First of all, A counselor at Jenny Craig does more than offer a meal plan and food. That is only the first week. After that they walk you through your own menu. Which is also constantly evolving. You see they tweak it if it is not working. The program is also approved of by the medical profession.

You see they also offer exersize ideas and moral support. Much like you claim to do. But you see the reason why they are so successful than you is because they don't go on boards and rip people and insult like you do. It is called being proffessional.

This is funny coming from a guy who says in another post that and I quote, "Bodyforlife" may not be perfect but it is more than a "diet"and "workout plan" it teaches people about a new attitude about fitness. And helps them take steps in a more postive direction.

So basically its wrong to pay someone for nutrition advice but its okay to buy the BB4L Program that encourages a lazy ass to follow a healthy lifestyle with an average diet that yields average results???

Quote Originally Posted by usualsuspect
    This is funny coming from a guy who says in another post that and I quote, "Bodyforlife" may not be perfect but it is more than a "diet"and "workout plan" it teaches people about a new attitude about fitness. And helps them take steps in a more postive direction.

So basically its wrong to pay someone for nutrition advice but its okay to buy the BB4L Program that encourages a lazy ass to follow a healthy lifestyle with an average diet that yields average results???

Well, first off all. I guess that it depends on what you call average. If it did that then it wouldn't be as successful as it is now.

I am not sure why you would refer to someone as a "lazy ass." I am sure that isn't considered a flame type statement either. -When once again this is for working class people triing to survive in an extremely stressful society.

Nice job. But you are still wrong. You see an "lazy ass" is someone who can't go on boards like this and pick up common sense staples. I believe if you read through swoles and others threads. You will hear common statements such as " use the search button" , Swole, would repeat himself over and over, over again.

Next.
    Last edited by Valmont; 01-21-2004 at 11:22 AM.

Ron-I am not sure if I can responde to this "opinion" without it being a flame. But I will try.

First of all, A counselor at Jenny Craig does more than offer a meal plan and food. That is only the first week. After that they walk you through your own menu. Which is also constantly evolving. You see they tweak it if it is not working. The program is also approved of by the medical profession.

You see they also offer exersize ideas and moral support. Much like you claim to do. But you see the reason why they are so successful than you is because they don't go on boards and rip people and insult like you do. It is called being proffessional.
    Valmont no offense bro but this is a bodybuilding and fitness board...not ivillage.com or some other women's site where Jared and his buddies from Subway hang out. Expect criticism from fit men when your promoting a diet thats marketed to out-of-shape and overweight America.

When once again this is for working class people triing to survive in an extremely stressful society.
    The difference between you and the rest of the board then is...your just trying to "survive" (as you put it), while most of us here are trying to "succeed."

NOthing wrong with that...just two different goals from two different people.

You can resort to mediocricy if you want...I won't hold you back. I'm sorry, I just choose to take the road less traveled by

RON
    RON is offline Anabolic Member
    Ok if you guys can't play nice don't play. Daddies gotta go do cardio. If I see you kids popping off in other threads when I get back I will give you all some time away to cool off. For now this thread is locked.

And Valmont you can roll your eye at me like my 5 year old does all day I'm still not gonna take this crap from any of you. Critique a diet system that is fine but do not go off on any member of this board and that goes for all of you. Swole I know you were attacked but you know better bro.

Thread Information