Brazy is offline Junior Member

my low slin diet

cardio in the am. sometimes workouts are done in the morning and carido at night because of work hours. and i change my meals around according to my lifting in the am or not.

meal 1 (breakfast)

1/3 cup cooked oatmeal
    mixed with 1 scoop whey isolate
    and 1tsp flax oil
    half a grape fruit

meal 2 (lunch)

1 grilled chicken breast
    1 green pepper or 1 grape fruit

pre workout

1/3 cup cooked oatmeal
    mixed with 1 scoop whey isolate
    6 almonds (should i add 1tsp flax and drop the almonds?)

OR

medium banana with whey iso mixed in water (with flax?)

post workout

4/5 creatine w/ dextrose
    1.5 scoops whey isolate
    1 tsp glutamine
    1/8th tsp salt

meal 5

2/3 cup brown rice
    1 grilled chicken breast
    half a large green pepper

meal 6

1/2 cup 1% cottage cheese
    half a large green pepper

this diet is very low in GI with the exception of post workout (it increases). i've been on this diet for 3 weeks and im losing 2-3 lbs a week. strength is up, fat is slowly declining.

im 18, 5'8", 174lbs.. high teens BF %

i had a diet designed by a friend who is doing a masters in biology ..classes in biochemistry, molecular biology, and a course in advanced nutritional biochemistry and implications for disease.

bigsd67 is offline Anabolic Member
    losing 2-3 lbs per week doesnt necessarily equate to losing 2-3lbs of pure fat per week....im fairly sure that most people will say to ditch the fruit as it's purpose is to only re-fill liver glycogen stores...also many say that cottage cheese will make you soft and u should sub with a shake and flax for your last meal....im not neuro science major or anything like that but i do know that lowering carbs = pure fat loss....take it for what it's worth, if you feel that your way works for you though then do it.

one last thing bananas are really high GI

this is the diet HE made for me that i've followed. the above is what i've thought about changing to..

Description Calories Protein Carbs

Meal 1 (6:45am) Pre-cardio

1/3 cup oatmeal w/ 1 cup water (cooked) 114 4.2 20
    1 scoop iso xp whey protein powder 140 33 1.5
    1 tsp flax oil 42 0 0

Meal 2 (8:15am) (Post cardio)

1 red grapefruit 85 1.8 22.4

Supplements

1000 mg vitamin c
    1 calcium/magnesium tablet (citrate form)
    multivitamin with no more than 10mg of iron

Meal 3 (12:15pm)

1 grilled chicken breast 140 26 0
    1 green pepper 25 1 4.8

Meal 4 (3:45pm) Pre-workout

6 almonds 42 1.3 1.8

Workout

Meal 5 (6:00pm) Post-workout

x cup water
    4/5 creatine w/ dextrose 119 0 29.6
    1.5 scoops iso xp whey protein powder 210 49.5 2.25
    1 tsp glutamine
    1/8th tsp salt

Supplements:

1000 mg vit c
    1 calcium/magnesium tablet (citrate form)
    400 IU Vitamin E

Meal 7 (7:00pm)

2/3 cup cooked brown rice 175 3.3 38
    1 grilled chicken breast 140 26 0
    1/2 large red pepper 35 1 8

Meal 8 (10:00 pm)

1/2 cup 1% cottage cheese 102 16 6
    1/2 green apple 40 0 21

Total 1959 237.5 198.35

the thing with his is low gi carbs with the exception of post workout. upping the carbs before workout and after. not cutting out carbs up to the workout though.

hi dismises the myth about eating carbs with fat = fat.. fat actually lowers the insulin response with food and slows down even further when you eat a food with fat. and if its already low gi.. IE oatmeal which is slowly realesed in the body with flax, it will be even lower. not to mention grape fruit has a gi around 30 because of its acitity and can lower the gi of the entire meal.

bananas are considered "medium gi"..

this is one time when you want to up the insulin .. before a workout, but ESPECIALLY after.

another thing he stressed with me is being consistant.. throughout the entire day, leading up to the workout i have a steady but slow insulin response. not chaotic spiking like crazy and storing the carbs.

cottage cheese is apparently extremely good for you with cassinate protein (slower digesting)..

yeah i think actually his masters is in neruoscience.. i know he has a biology degree. but i forget what his masters was on

"
    Now the author suggests not to mix carbs and
    fat because the carbs will increase fat storage. He is half right. When you take
    in higher glycemeic carbs they raise insulin levels and increase the uptake of
    fatty acids and storage as triacylglycerol in fat cells. But, if you are smart
    and take in low glycemic carbs the rest of the day you will maintain your blood
    sugar levels at an appreciable levels s
    o that 2 things will happen:

1. you will stop large swings in blood sugar levels between meals
    2. little insulin will be released because your blood sugar levels don;t surge
    that much with low glycemic carbs. Remember its the insulin not the carbs that
    will affect fat storage
    "
    Last edited by Brazy; 01-18-2004 at 05:57 PM.

he dismisses the myth fine, but is he a dietician or someone that has done this particular diet with success? i know many bodybuilders who have gotten down to three percent or less by only eating carbs PWO and PPWO....and separating carbs and fat is something you want to do bro trust me....do some searching check out some of swolecat's and rambo's posts on it..these are two guys that know their **** $hit and i know that swole is **** ripped and would imagine that rambo is too from his advice...like i said though take it for what it's worth and do what you think will work.

Quote Originally Posted by Brazy
    bananas are considered "medium gi"..

this is one time when you want to up the insulin .. before a workout, but ESPECIALLY after. TO UP GI PRE-WORKOUT I WOULD SUGGEST DRINKING HALF UR PWO SHAKE BEFORE THEN SIP THROUGHOUT THE WORKOUT (BANANA = LIVER GLYCOGEN REPLENISHED NOT MUSCLE GLYCOGEN)

another thing he stressed with me is being consistant.. throughout the entire day, leading up to the workout i have a steady but slow insulin response. not chaotic spiking like crazy and storing the carbs. (THE OATS AND FRUIT WILL NOT CAUSE SPIKES I KNOW THIS, BUT EXCESS AMOUNTS OF CARBS WILL BE STORED AS FAT JUST LIKE ACCESS PROTEIN IN ENOUGH AMOUNTS OR ACCESS OF ANYTHING)

cottage cheese is apparently extremely good for you with cassinate protein (slower digesting).. (COTTAGE CHEESE IS SLOW ACTING AND IS A DECENT PROTEIN NO DOUBT, BUT A LOT OF GUYS ON HERE (MORE RIPPED THAN ME AND YOU) FEEL THAT IT SOFTENS A PERSON. NOW IM A PERSON THAT FOLLOWS ADVICE FROM THOSE THAT HAVE ACTUALLY BEEN DOING THIS FOR SOME TIME THAN THAT OF SOMEONE THAT USES SCIENCE FOR THEIR BASE. I GO WITH EXPERIENCE 100% AND IT'S WORKED SO FAR.

yeah i think actually his masters is in neruoscience.. i know he has a biology degree. but i forget what his masters was on
    Response in CAPS

yeah thanks for the input!

its just im in such a bind and having two people that obviously know what they preach.. IE swole/rambo, etc vs my buddy who is also shredded (lost 50lbs of fat).. but have conflicting opinions on the same things..

ie carbs and fat.

another thing he mentioned to me

"Second, if you take in almost no carbs the rest of the day your body will turn
    on gluconeogensis pathways (to make glucose) and start to break down the muscle and liver glycogen you desparately replaced by taking in that carb drink after training! That is not what you want to do. Limiting carbs will also increase the
    amount of amino acids oxidized in your muscles during that time of low carb
    intake. Also teh when you are in taking no carbs and drink a protein shake your
    liver will oxidize a huge amount of those carbs for energy to satisfy glucose
    needs"
    Last edited by Brazy; 01-18-2004 at 06:04 PM.

i dont know man i think that if you take enough carbs in PWO and PPWO then you are fine...i've been doing it and others have as well. Including the 100s of people that pay swole for his plan....it seems to work **** good and enough to convince me to go on it when i get the cash....as i keep saying do what you think will work, in the end it's what your body is going to respond to better that is the best choice.

Kim2884 is offline Female Member
    Personally, I think it's nice to see someone doing something based on actual scientific evidence and research instead of just folk bodybuilding wisdom. Just becuz one way of doing it works, doesn't mean it's the only way that will work.
    One thing about insulin and fat/carb meals....I have heard that fat slows digestion and decreases insulin response, however, I have read some recent studies suggesting that fat only reduces the GI of a meal when it is in very high quantities (40g or more). This is only when the fat is combined with high GI carbs tho, and I think that combining fats with low-GI carbs may not be as bad as most people think. People do tend to forget that it is the insulin that causes fat storage, and not the carbs.
    I also don't see any reason why fruit or cottage cheese would be detrimental to a fat-loss diet. Fruit replaces liver glycogen..so what? why is that so terrible? Besides post-workout you're not really looking to replenish muscle glycogen anyway. The fruits this guy is eating (with the exception of the banana) are low-GI and have benefits like fiber, as well as vitamins, minerals and antioxidants that people all too often forget about.

lol, thanks kim!

its really hard in my position to follow something when two opinions vary so much!

my friend has me eating foods rich in anti oxidents and such because i overtrain very easily and get sick fast. following his thing, i havnt gotten sick and i train harder than ever and have more energy than ever.

apparently kim regardless of GI, fat will reduce the gi level and how quickly it eneters the body. vinegear, fat, and lime juice reduce gi.

they've done studies that mixing fat/vinegear.. even as little as 2tsp has reduced GI up to 30%!

and i am by NO MEANS trying to knock anyones knowledge/beliefs (just to get that straight).

im just trying to figure out which way to go! and like i said before, that is very difficult when you got two roads ahead of you, and both seem to be ok but yet they cross each other and contradict (if that makes any sence)

Yea, I definitely know what you mean. I find so much conflicting information, it gets very frustrating. I just can't wait to have my degree in nutrition so maybe I can really have a clue what I'm talking about. I knew about acidity reducing GI..I assume that accounts for all the grapefruit in your diet. I don't think a lot of people know about that tho. Even sourdough bread is low GI as are buttermilk pancakes because of their acidity.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Your biology friend doesn't understand the role fats play in a low carb diet.

If he did, he'd realize he's completely wrong.

I'm going no further here, I've done my explaining everywhere else. Everyone has opinions, so we can agree to disagree!

I'm ripped already........I know what works.

~SC~

Another hideous statement was the reduction of the gi of a food by way of fat, vinegar, lime juice.

Excess carbs, high gi or NON-existent gi (very low) are still stored as ADIPOSE tissue no matter what.

If you stoked that you haven't created an insulin spike in the meal in order to not store fat in the meal, well guess what, you shouldn't have fat in those meals to begin with!

Time to back-up a bit!

To further detail how the reasoning is off, let's look at the type of diet this practice is indicative of. This type of "dieting" you are presenting, the generic overall reduction in caloric intake equally pulling from all 3 macronutrient profiles, leads to WEIGHT loss, not FAT LOSS. That is, you lose fat AND muscle by doing this, and that is NOT the goal of myself nor those I work with. So, it may be your friends trick for him, but I'd like to see what his body composition is and how "big" he is.
    Your buddy may indeed tell you things that are true in how they function, reduce GI, use this and that to do it, etc., but you never explored what implementing those methods as opposed to those your read here by actual bodybuilders lead to as far as body composition changes for the BETTER.

I've done both..........inside and out. There is a reason you lower carbs, no matter what the type, and a reason for when you should have them with meals and why you shouldn't with others. Providing no slin spike is not a license to eat carbs and expect to lose FAT........I didn't say weight, I sad FAT...........when there are sugars in the blood, low gi or otherwise, your body cannot use fat as a fuel source.

Understand the timing and reasoning yet? If not, I'm sure you will in time after trial and error.

BTW, dairy in general is a no no if you are cutting........so, you're explanation on why cottage cheese is good doesn't indicate to me you are open to suggestions, nor are you looking for the best possible results.

Best regards,
    ~SC~

~SC~

appreciate the info swole!

you have a pm

usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member
    If the main premise behind this diet centers around very few insulin spikes (except pwo), then what is the reasoning behind 8 meals as opposed to 6?

And at what point is your body using fat as a primary source of fuel since carbs are available throughout the day?

Interesting diet though...I would like to hear more of your ideas behind it.

Thanks,
    ~US~

what he told me

You don't have tons of muscle so it would be murder to put yourself
    through such a hard core diet in such a short time frame just to get shredded
    faster. One of your primary concerns should be to try to maintain and hopefully
    build some lean muscle mass while you are dieting. The last thing you want is to
    catabolize your muscle mass. Follow my diet which already is very low in
    calories and I would not recommend going below this. Remember, at a very
    rudimentary level your body will lose bodyfat if you are in a negative caloric
    state and that state is achieved by:

1. The number of calories you eat
    [minus]
    2. The number of calories you burn through activity
    3. The number of calories used for recovery and repair
    4. The number of calories your body uses to digest your food
    5. The number of calories your basal metabolism burns

If you restrict too low what will happen is that your body will catabalize
    muscle tissue for a few reasons:

1. To support your immune system
    2. To maintain glucose levels (remember your brain and kidneys need glucose ALL
    the time)

So, it would be more wise to increase activity levels, or raise your metabolism
    through higher intensity cardio to make that deficit larger(=what you eat-how
    much burn in a day)

The diet outlined in the anabolic forum is ok. Not great but not horrible. The
    author has suggested that you take in all your carbs post workout and limit
    carbs the rest of the day except at breakfast. He also suggested not to take in
    glutamine with whey after training.

Here is my reply to this:

First, if you limit carbs througout the day especially after training the post
    workout meal will not be that beneficial. The increase in metabolic pathways
    that will drive nutrients into muscle are acitve for over 4 hours! The 30 minute
    window after training is the most critical but you still need to keep feeding
    your body carbs, but the trick is to change the type of carbs so that at the end
    of teh 4 hour window the carbs are lower glycemic than right after training. Now
    if you don't take in complex carbs, especially after taking a very high glycemic
    carb like dextrose, you will initiate a sugar crash and you will feel like crap.
    Second, if you take in almost no carbs the rest of the day your body will turn
    on gluconeogensis pathways (to make glucose) and start to break down the muscle
    and liver glycogen you desparately replaced by taking in that carb drink after
    training! That is not what you want to do. Limiting carbs will also increase the
    needs. What huge waste of money! Now the author suggests not to mix carbs and
    fat because the carbs will increase fat storage. He is half right. When you take
    fatty acids and storage as triacylglycerol in fat cells. But, if you are smart
    and take in low glycemic carbs the rest of the day you will maintain your blood
    sugar levels at an appreciable levels s
    o that 2 things will happen:

1. you will stop large swings in blood sugar levels between meals
    2. little insulin will be released because your blood sugar levels don;t surge
    that much with low glycemic carbs. Remember its the insulin not the carbs that
    will affect fat storage.

Third, with regards to the glutamine suggestion he is dead wrong. Glutamine is
    an amino acid. The glutamine peptides in whey are di or tri peptides (2 or 3
    amino acid chains). Di/tri peptides are absorbed faster and through separate
    transporters in the small intestine than a single amino like glutamine.
    Glutamine is also selectively absorbed in muscle tissue from the bloodthrough an
    exclusive transporter.

To answer your questions:

-Green tea: basically has no calories (2 or 3 per cup)so drink up
    -Free radicals: our bodies unfortunately produce these byproducts of metabolism
    that score or oxidize protein, and lipids and carbs inside our cells and
    basically disrupt and damage tissue (lipid membranes), DNA and proteins in our
    cells. You can think of oxidation like when you cut an apple and leave it out
    and it turns brown. When we eat our foods, our body is like a combustion engine
    it unfortunately scores our body over time as food is metabolized. Free radicals
    are compunds that have an unpaired electron that desperately want to bind and
    steal another electron from something else in our cells-they essentially oxidize
    our cells. To limit this process our body naturally produces anti-oxidants
    called endogenous anti-oxidants that bind up free radicals before they can
    damage our body. However, this protective system can be overwhelmed and what
    happens over time is damage to our body (especially our cardiovascular system
    and brain). So by taking anti-oxidants on a regular ba
    sis you are increasing the level of protection against free radical damage and
    basically slowing the aging process. That is why a diet rich in exogenous
    anti-oxidants (fruit and veggies) is so critical for our health. You can also
    take in foods that increase the levels of endogenous anti-oxidants. An example
    is whey protein which is rich in cysteine which helps with increasing
    glutathione (a very important endogenous anti-oxidant)especially in muscle
    tissue. This is why whey protein is such a good supplement for athletes. In
    addition to the free radicals we make by metabolizing our foods, exercise also
    increases the levels of free radicals. That is why an athlete needs a lot more
    anti-oxidants than a sedentary person.

usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member
    Okay, not that your buddy's advice is wrong but from a bodybuilding perspective this diet runs into a few problems.

First, your buddy said, "One of your primary concerns should be to try to maintain and hopefully
    build some lean muscle mass while you are dieting."

Now anyone who has ever tried cutting can tell you how hard it is to build muscle on a low cal diet. Maybe he meant preserve instead of building muscle. So we'll give him the benefit of the doubt on this one...but without the assistance of aas building keeping muscle is the biggest challenge when dieting.

Second, your buddy said, "Remember, at a very
    rudimentary level your body will lose bodyfat if you are in a negative caloric state and that state is achieved by:"

So basically what he saying is someone who's allowed 1200 maintance cals a day can lose bodyfat by eating under 1200 cals a day, but as long as its low gi?? I thought the grapefruit diet faded away many years ago. J/p man but a postive nitrogen balance is just as important as a calorie deficit. Or else you won't only lose weight but you will also lose muscle.

Last but not least, your buddy is a bid propenent of vits, amino's, and anti-ox's right?

I mean thats great and all, won't a good protein powder and multi-vitamin take care of this??

Understand I'm not trying to counter argue everything your boy says because he does bring up some good points. I'm just wondering if he practices what he preaches and uses himself as real world experiment or he just quotes nutrition books and turns them into diets.
    Thanks again for sharing this info twith us as it fuels good discussion and adds a positive spin to the Diet Section.

~US~

A few remarks in response to a number of statements in this thread:
    - the acidity reducing GI thing is completely TRUE. Look it up.
    - Insulin is what prevents the body from utilizing fat, not glucose in the blood.
    I've actually heard a number of times that the body actually uses fat as its primary source for energy for about 70% of non-exercise activities during the day (walking, breathing, etc.)...so the presence of carbs alone shouldn't prohibit fat oxidation. If this were the case, how could so many people get ripped on high-carb diets? I'm not saying i do it, or that it's the best way to do it...but you can't say it hasn't worked for people before.
    - Vitamins from supplements are not absorbed as efficiently as vitamins from food, and I'm fairly sure that most multivitamins don't have antioxidants.

he does practice this and has gotten cut himself. lost 50 lbs.. i think he is currently bulking to put some more lean mass on.

i beleive what he teaches, he seems to know what talks about.. my maintenace level for calories is like 2100 ish.. he cut that by like 200.. because cutting to much will slow the metabolism... his thing was to lower caloric intake and do more intense exercise

i've always had trouble training hard and frequently and getting sick. since following his plan and training harder than ever, i've had more energy, better workouts and i havnt been feeling sick

lmao at the grapefruit diet.. why wasnt i told of this? lol

and i do beleive this has helped stir some minds and bring out peoples knowledge. definatly a good thing!

definatly true on the vitamins and such kim.. but they dont hurt to add them!

vitamin E has especially enhanced my soreness.. IE, it is much less now, i hated working out say chest when my back was sore as hell..

BUT, to give this a chance i am going to follow his diet for a few weeks and keep everyone posted

rambo is offline The Lord God
    For the record, I too am currently seeking my degree in Biochemistry, I'm not just a meathead who doesn't read. Not that anyone said that, I just wanted to get that out of the way .

Quote Originally Posted by Brazy

Here is my reply to this:

First, if you limit carbs througout the day especially after training the post
    workout meal will not be that beneficial. The increase in metabolic pathways
    that will drive nutrients into muscle are acitve for over 4 hours!

RIGHT.

The 30 minute
    window after training is the most critical but you still need to keep feeding
    your body carbs, but the trick is to change the type of carbs so that at the end
    of teh 4 hour window the carbs are lower glycemic than right after training.

WHICH IS WHY THE PWO SHAKE IS HALF DEXTROSE (FAST) HALF MALTO (SLOWER). THAT IS ALSO WHY THE POST-PWO MEAL IS OF SLOW GLYCEMIC CARBS.

Now
    if you don't take in complex carbs, especially after taking a very high glycemic
    carb like dextrose, you will initiate a sugar crash and you will feel like crap.

AGAIN, THAT IS WHY THE SHAKE IS 1/2 AND 1/2 COMPLEX: SIMPLE.

Second, if you take in almost no carbs the rest of the day your body will turn
    on gluconeogensis pathways (to make glucose) and start to break down the muscle
    and liver glycogen you desparately replaced by taking in that carb drink after
    training! That is not what you want to do. Limiting carbs will also increase the
    needs. What huge waste of money! Now the author suggests not to mix carbs and
    fatty acids and storage as triacylglycerol in fat cells.

DOESNT' THAT STILL MAKE ME 100% RIGHT? WE WENT OVER THIS A WHILE BACK IN ANOTHER THREAD. I'M WELL AWARE OF JUST HOW THEY ARE STORED, BUT AS SWOLE SAID "You get on a plane on and go from New York to Atlanta, do you really need to know exactly how the plane works?" OR HE SAID SOMETHING LIKE THAT. IT'S HARD SOMETIMES TO EXPLAIN EVERYTHING IN MOLECULAR DETAIL, IT'S EASIER JUST TO SAY WHAT IT SOUNDS LIKE.

Third, with regards to the glutamine suggestion he is dead wrong. Glutamine is
    an amino acid. The glutamine peptides in whey are di or tri peptides (2 or 3
    amino acid chains). Di/tri peptides are absorbed faster and through separate
    transporters in the small intestine than a single amino like glutamine.
    Glutamine is also selectively absorbed in muscle tissue from the bloodthrough an
    exclusive transporter.

THIS IS SCIENTIFICALLY CORRECT, I WON'T DENY THAT. THIS IS ACTUALLY ONE OF THE IDEALS THAT I'VE HEARD FROM FIRST HAND EXPERIENCE. GLUTAMINE AND GLUTAMINE PEPTIDES ARE 2 DIFFERENT THINGS. ALSO, IT IS STILL BETTER TO TAKE GLUTAMINE ON AN EMPTY STOMACH, THERE IS NO REASON TO TAKE IT AFTER A WORKOUT, AS IT IS EXCELLENT AT PREVENTING CATABOLISM. I HAVE NO PROBLEM BEING WRONG, EVERYONE LEARNS, THAT'S THE BEAUTY OF THIS STUFF .

-Free radicals:
    EVERYTHING HE SAID IS ACCURATE. ALA AND R-ALA ARE POWERFUL ANTIOXIDANTS AS WELL.
    Look, no one is infallible, like I stated clearly, my post isn't the say all have all of dieting. It's not even close. It's a barebones FAQ that's meant as a starting point only. My diet looks slightly different, as I adjusted it to me, as your should look different for you. Trial and error combined with scientific knowledge is the best way to go. That's why I'm always trying to learn, always reading. Knowledge is power. And strength. And Muscle. And lower bodyfat.

CAPS BELOW..........

Quote Originally Posted by Kim2884
    A few remarks in response to a number of statements in this thread:
    - the acidity reducing GI thing is completely TRUE. Look it up.
    I SAID IT'S TRUE, BUT THE WAY IT PLAYS OUT IN BODY COMPOSITION DESIRES MAKES NO DIFFERENCE AT ALL!

- Insulin is what prevents the body from utilizing fat, not glucose in the blood.

"DUH", WHAT DO YOU THINK GETS ELEVATED BY GLUCOSE IN THE BLOOD??? I SAY "DUH" BECAUSE THIS IS BASIC!!!!!! INSULIN SECRETION OF COURSE!!!!

I've actually heard a number of times that the body actually uses fat as its primary source for energy for about 70% of non-exercise activities during the day (walking, breathing, etc.)...so the presence of carbs alone shouldn't prohibit fat oxidation. BULLSH*T........ WHAT YOU HEARD IS TWISTED, YOU CANNOT ARGUE WITH PROVEN BIOLOGY FROM DECADES! DO U KNOW WHAT KETOSIS IS?

If this were the case, how could so many people get ripped on high-carb diets?
    THEY DO? WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE? SHOW THEM TO ME..........BRING THEM HERE, HAVE THEM TALK, SHOW PICS, I'M CURIOUS!!!! EVEN IF YOU GET TWO PEOPLE, THEY WILL BE "GENETIC FREAKS" AS I KNOW 3 PEOPLE LIKE THIS MYSELF AS A TRAINER, AND THEY ARE ALL EXCEPTIONAL ATHLETES GETTIN' PAID!!!!!! FREAKS OF NATURE..........FREAKS OF NATURE IS NOT THE NORM, NOR THE GENERAL POPULATION.

I'm not saying i do it, or that it's the best way to do it...but you can't say it hasn't worked for people before. THAT AIN'T SAYIN' IT'S RIGHT!

- Vitamins from supplements are not absorbed as efficiently as vitamins from food, and I'm fairly sure that most multivitamins don't have antioxidants. EVER TRY CRUSHING ALL YOUR PILLS AND DRINKING THEM WITH BAKING SODA AND WATER? TALK ABOUT UPTAKE!!!! YOU JUST DON'T KNOW!!!!!!

~SC~

glucose in the blood causes insulin response, yes, but not necessarily a large insulin secretion if the glucose enters the blood slowly becuz it is from low GI carbs and not in excessive amounts.
    you're absolutely right..in the history of bodybuilding, i'm sure there has been NO ONE who has lost body fat while on a high-carb diet. People have always been cautious of carbs and limited them accordingly. Anyone who has ever looked good MUST have done exactly what you do because that is the only way in the world to cut...my mistake.
    I don't care, i'm done with this...i'm just a little sick of the close-minded arrogance on this board. I never claimed to know everything there is to know about nutrition...I just like to put other possible options out there so maybe people will think for themselves and not just take someone else's word for everything...but everytime I do I get attacked, so f*ck it

No one was attacking you in a demeaning manner, and I apologize if that is how I came off.

I didn't say everyone HAS to get cut like me, but in those I work with, live with, workout with, know, hell, the entire sport as I know it, does live by such principles because they are the most efficient and follow rules of basic biology and bodily functions. High GI/Low GI are of NO relevance at all if one is going for the MOST ideal FAT loss program, not just "weight" loss program. Sugars released into the blood at any rate stop lipolysis, and when you do that you simply do NOT burn fat. That was my point.

Not close minded at all, but for those coming here looking for the most efficient way to lose bodyfat and maintain lean mass, there is always a constant rule that is applied because it does yield the quickest/best results. Other options can be presented, yes, but when they are inferior and that can be proven by what human's have known for 100's of years (biology wise), then I'm gonna have to speak up.

Again, my apologies to you and I hope you continue to contribute. Nothing wrong with discussing methods/issues, but you should see it from our side of the fence a few times a day as well.

Kindest Regards,
    ~SC~

Thread Information